THR My recovery thread.

Me too!
Waiting....:bored: and waiting some more :bored:
 
:hi: Hope all is well with you.
Think I saw your neck of the woods is catching some windy weather and I was thinking of you.

Hope you are staying warm and snuggly:yes:
 
Happy Tuesday to you :wave:
I hope you had a nice weekend, allena.
Wishing you a great rest of the week. :flwrysmile:
 
It will be 4 months since my surgery come march 4th.I feel more or less normal aside from not being able to kneel,walk a long distance and so forth.I can tell I am getting better though so that's all that matter.As i have said before any improvement is appreciated.
 
@Mojo333 .Yes,it was very windy.It's also rained alot here.Luckily the creek didn't
flood and I didn't lose power.some people did.
@Layla .I did.I hope you have a good rest of the week too.So far it's been ok.:)
 
I am not sure if I can ride a bike or not.I think I will wait awhile till I try that.I want to improve my balance and work on my left knee some more.Maybe someday though...
 
Last edited:
Maybe by summer?
Want to make sure it's like this:biking:
And not this:bicycle2:
Lots of possibilities after THR!:thumb:
 
lol! I'm not sure. It remains to be seen.

I do have one concern-over the years I have had 5 UTI infections. I'm scared If I get another one I will get a infected hip. Of course I get them treated ASAP no matter what but I'll be extra careful now. Also I don't want to fall. That would be really bad.

I'm not really scared but it does worry me a bit.
 
Good Morning, allena
Consider researching a probiotic for UTI's if it concerns you, or Probiotics in general if you're not already supplementing with one. See what you think...
Following is an article from the BoneSmart Library but you'll find much more info online -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/probiotics.20811/
Have a great day!
@allena
 
thanks for the information.

I'll start taking probiotics.It can't hurt anything and it may help.
 
No, I don't believe it could hurt. I take them myself.
You can TRY to avoid all of the usual offenders also.
Sugar, Caffine, Alcohol, Food Additives...things we all know aren't good for us, but often find difficult to avoid.
Make your best effort....it's all you can do. :fingersx:
@allena
 
Probiotics can definitely help.
Also, as I'm sure you already know, drinking lots of water and even cranberry juice is a simple but easily overlooked preventive measure..is very important I'd you are prone to UTIs.

In the same way, if you get symptoms that you think are consistent with urinary tract infection, talk to your doctor about it. In the past, you may have been able to drop your urine off, have it cultured and wait to see what the result was. Then, if the culture was positive, you would be treated for it. If you have a prosthetic joint and you have symptoms that are at all compatible with urinary tract infection, you could be treated for the urinary tract infection first and wait for the culture to come back. You can stop the therapy if it turns out that you don't have an infection.
Just be mindful...infection risk to the hip can be small...just like with scratches or cuts...but the key is to treat these small things quickly!
 
Last edited:
I'll run not walk if I get another infection and will let them know I had a hip replacement. I drink a lot of water. I tend to drink cranberry juice sporadically. I should start drinking it everyday now.
 
I can get my pants and underwear on without using a dressing stick now.yeah.I still need to use a sock helper to put my socks on though and still can't tie my shoe on my right side.It will happen eventuly.
I hope everyone has a good day.
 
Great news, allena!
I hope you had a nice weekend.
Stay warm and have a great week!
@allena
 
It was ok.I ran errands and had choir practise on saturday.On sunday I went to church.The choir sang defying gravity.That is a very hard song to sing!
I hope you stay warm and have a great week too.I'm sure it's much colder where you are than here.
 
So happy to see my hippy pal doing well.
Boy what A great spring and summer it will be.
:flwrysmile::SUNsmile:
Sleeping without chronic pain is pretty nice too!:sleeep:
 
Last edited:
spring is always wonderful,but I know what you mean.I still have pain,but it is not nearly so bad.I still have to deal with a sore knee and a sore shoulder.my pain cream and cbd oil helps a great deal.I do enjoy being able to sleep better.I'm not complaining.I never expected to be a 100% pain free after all.
 
Back
Top Bottom