Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

You're a good man @Gone again I bet just getting out and working picked you up. I do the cane confusion too. Take good care and :nativity:
 
Actually @Gone again i have been thinking about the cane confusion myself. I’m practicing at home off and on to get used to using opposite side. Going to do same with crutches and walker after Christmas. Hope it gets my brain trained. But it’s great that is biggest Worry! :merryx:
 
Walked around with out an aid quite a bit yesterday. So I’m a little sore this morning but mot bad. I found out that I can go up stairs almost normal yesterday. Going down is a different story only 2-3 steps befor knee gives out. But is an improvement. Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and God bless.
 
Better and better...by spring, you'll be sprung.
Merry Christmas:reindeer:
 
Not a lot to report. Went shopping yesterday. Drove the truck. No pain meds. Cleared snow off the plow truck and plowed the driveway. And plowed a path down to the chicken coop for the wife. Don’t feel like running the snow blower. Made hamburgers for dinner. Took some Tylenol before dinner. Seems like a long day but only got in about 2000 steps. More snow Thursday & Friday. Feels good to be out and around but no biking for a while. I may try the stationary bike today. Stairs are getting a little easier. Still have some really tender spots around the knee. I haven’t been iceing.havent felt the need. My granddaughter is being Baptized this coming Sunday so we’re excited. Today is my wife’s birthday so I need to something appropriate tonight. She doesn’t like to go out during the week so I’ll take her out to dinner on Saturday. She will play up the birthday thing for a few days so I call it Hell week. It’s an unspoken game we play.
 
Hey.....One month post op today! You sound well. Hope you had a happy Christmas @Gone again
Sounds like you are getting around well. Also successfully getting out and about. It's great to hear.
I hope you a nice day celebrating your wife's birthday, or should say a nice "week" celebrating your wife's birthday...from your description.
Warm wishes for a great day!
 
Be nice to your wife...she can have a birthday week. She's been through two hip surgeries with you this year...that's enough to merit extra attention!
To cold where you are...I have to say since we have finally gotten close to the thirties, which is winter in Georgia, I have been feeling my hips like I haven't before. Shivering and tightening muscles just kill me. And I hate being inside. Probably don't have proper winter clothes but I'm guessing the spring will make all of us joint replacement beneficiaries much happier.
Hope you have a Good Day.
 
Happy New Year @Gone again

I successfully navigated my way up and down ladders and attic stairs dealing with Xmas decorations so I'm thinking I'm pretty-much recovered.

We are expecting frozen stuff again, starting tomorrow night. I don't have to be anywhere until Tuesday. I'll let rock salt do my plowing:ice:

Best of luck with your recovery and have a wonderful 2018.
 
Baptist I hope you go what a blessing @Gone again . Happy birthday to your wife. You are doing good it's um winter it slows down every one in winter states. I am looking forward to a report on your Saturday :prayer:
 
I’ve been sitting and googling to much as usual. Any one know if it’s true that all the antibiotics we’ve been given from THR wipes out the microbes in the gut. Should we be taking probiotics and prebiotics. I’d like to blame this for my weight gain and cravings for junk foods.
 
I always take probiotics, surgery or not, but antibiotics can wipe stuff out. Got c-dif from it once and that was not fun. My cravings for junk food came from eating “comfort foods (carbs and sugars) and it started a chain reaction. Once you are completely mobile you can get on track.
 
Hi @Gone again
I take a pro-biotic daily, year round.
It's my understanding a single course of an antibiotic wreaks havoc with the gut.
It is also my understanding you can take a pro-biotic in conjunction with an antiobiotic
but not at the same time. Dose the anti and pro hours apart from one another.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
 
I had 3 bags of IV fluids right after hip 2 then a couple months later for an abcessed tooth had oral antibiotics for 3 weeks. MY Urgent Care doctor and gastroenterologist both said it caused my diarrhea. That said I THINK and this is just me @Gone again the craving for carbs etc has more to do with being bored and less active. I lost weight with both hips. My gastro is not a huge pre or probiotic fan but urgent care was for it. High fiber bars are good MY gastro said. I can only speak from my experience

Baptism how did it go?

Hugs
 
I have also read that you have a greater craving for carbs when you're not getting enough sleep. Don't know if it's true or not but I like blaming that instead of my willpower!
 
@MyAussieGirl Baptism is Sunday followed up with a family brunch. My grand daughter is excited. As are we.
@SaraK I know I could liv on jalapeño bagels and cake. Maby not together but I crave carbs. Wish I could blame it on the antibiotics. But I’ve been this way for quite some time.
 
I'm a carboholic myself, @Gone again. The only way I can lose weight is to go ultra low carb - getting rid of all grains and starchy fruits and vegetables. It's torture the first few days and then gets easier for awhile. After a while, though, you get into the "just one" or "just a little" habit until the exceptions completely take over. That's what's happened to me since surgery. Definitely going to have to go cold turkey again on 1/1!
 
Bread, and rolls, and bagels, and rice and potatoes, and English muffins, and ....
Man must not live on bread alone...
But this woman sure can!
Also my nemesis....
 
Maybe the gastro doesn't like probiotics because if everyone used them to achieve a healthier
gut....biz would slow waaaay down :heehee:
 
Hey @Gone again .
Hope tonight won't be one of those famous last words, hey y'all, watch this!
Tonight's plan as brother is here from Seattle and we want to remind him what a redneck New Year looks like. Bushel of oysters before dark, will steam on grill with wet burlap sacks.
BIL pushed up huge felled limbs in pecan orchard with bulldozer in middle of plowed field into fixings for huge bonfire.
Poorly made Chinese fireworks bought across state lines in SC ...BIL has Preferred Pyrotechnic card!
Fireworks must be held it in orchard per sister, as last year large setup tipped over and done flying reports hit a few vehicles.
Everyone under 16 will be equipped with motorcycle and football hermits and safety glasses...and required to sit on tailgate of truck at safe distance.
I usually help set them off...but not sure I can run in freshly plowed field without mishap, so...
Hope you wake up to a bright day...blessings for grandbaby!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom