Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

Hi @Gone again. Hope all is well with your recovery.
We got an unexpectedly warm weekend, so I feel somewhat revived enough to do work this week.
We have a small army moving pallets of food from one building to another with my supervision.
Going to try to remember to let those young guys do the heavy lifting.
Hopefully by spring you will be set to go.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 hey you got a new avatar. Or whatever it’s called. I’m doing really good. On my feet most of the day so not on BoneSmart much anymore.being able to walk around is a wonderful thing. Let the young people do the heavy lifting and take care of those new hips. We’re having a warm spell also. Going to be 35 today. A real heat wave!
 
Yes. I avoid pics and the old one was a 20 year old photo, that made me feel like a fraud.
That's me yesterday standing on those new hips...I saw a picture from family function over a year ago that showed how bent over and stressed I had become.
It does make me happy.
Hey, at least it's over freezing?
Guess Layla will catch that blizzard that is coming through.
Guess you are being left out of that.
Glad you are feeling better.
 
@MyAussieGirl i don’t plan on falling off the BS site but I find it hard to report pertinent stuff. The last storm missed us. Our day time highs have been in the 30s & 40s might even hit 50 so I may need to break out the speedos HaHa. Our road is mostly clear of ice now so yesterday I walked down to the mailbox. Little over a mile of Dort road. Figured I’d meet the wife on her return home. Good thing because I’d never would have made it back. Walking down hill is tough. And with snow berms on either side of the road there is nowhere to sit and take a break. I did make it to the mail box but it was a struggle. I won’t try that again for a couple of days. Realy sore this morning. But still feels good to be outside. Time to put the bike rack on the truck.
 
We do find our limits don't we.
I remember defying orders to not go down porch steps 3 weeks post op when home by myself. Had no railings. But I was oh so careful and toddler stepped down...walked around the yard and got too hot.
Couldn't get back up steps.
Caught red-handed two hours later when hubby got home.
Glad you are improving though. This summer will be wonderful!
Have a great day @Gone again
 
Last edited:
Well @Gone again, you gave a good story of something to avoid in early recovery. And that walk seemed like a good idea at the start! I did that last summer but it was like 95 out. Decided to lengthen a walk just a bit. Miscalculation on my part. Between hip and heat I wasn’t sure i’d Make it home.

And you are sharing pertinent information.i appreciate your post on layla’s Thread in response to my inquiry bout magnesium. Did you take it right after surgery, or did you wait until off pain meds and blood thinners?

Hope your soreness is improving.
 
Um yes I think winter would be my least favorite time to overdo it @Gone again I am glad you checked in and that your wife picked you up. At least snow feels like ice if ya had to sit in it ... :heehee:
 
Hey @Gone again old buddy,...how is two and a half months post op looking?
You're around less and less which is a good sign if you're just living life as you should.
Hope the weather there is warmer than here. Very cold week Brrrr!
Spring will be here soon and they'll be no holding you back!
Can't wait for those blue skies, warmth and sunshine :SUNsmile:
Hope you're doing well....
 
Gone again...gone again.
Back to life I hope.
You can't be perfect yet!
Give us an update when possible!
 
Tomorrow will be 11 weeks for my second THR. I guess I tend to be on my feet to much as the lower thigh will start aching. It’s been aching the last couple days. Not terrible but the more I push it the worse it gets. Also still have that little klunk in the hip if I don’t keep the muscles tight. It eventually went away on the first hip. It’s all slow steady improvement. Looks like an early spring. Our snow is almost gone but still in the teens at night so I haven’t gotten on the bike yet. Next week we’re driving some 1000 miles to mother in laws celebration of life in central California. She was 93. So I’ll see how the ride goes. Bucket seats in the SUV tend to push on the hips so a pillow may help. Well stop half way down for the night.
 
Hey @Gone again
Always so nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.
Hope you're wife is doing okay.....

Time sure flies! Eleven weeks already for your second.
Can't believe it will be going on eight months for your first, and my only.
I was going to say my first but that sounds too much like a second in inevitable so I'll stay positive.

A pillow will probably help for the car ride, consider ice packs also, in case you get stiff.
1000 miles is a long way. Wishing you a safe trip.
A great Sunday to you!
 
Golly that’s such a long drive. I find it hard to imagine such a distance on our little island. I once drove backup for an ex boyfriend who was cycling John O’Groats to Lands End (our full length) and that was under 900 miles. Plus only did about 100 miles per day
 
Thanks for update and reminder that we can overdo even many weeks out. That sounds like a long car trip even without new hips. Safe travels.
 
Glad to see you are progressing well. Long car rides aren't the best thing, but some things are inevitable.
Safe travels.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom