Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

I get tired too @Gone again it's frustrating so I can relate. Last night I could not get to sleep not due to pain but I don't know why.. that's even WITH the sleeping pill my doc gave me Sooooo took another
I don't want to do that a lot or again but it sure baffled me. I wonder if other people just can't sleep for no good reason????
 
I think the keep (or lack thereof) can just happen to us. Seems that as I get older, it happens more. I used to make fun of my mother waking up so early. I am becoming my mother!
 
Hope today is a Good Day. I have a lot to do and a small army of court ordered probation volunteers to herd when I get there along with food boxes to send to local elementary school where teachers have identified some families they fear may be food insecure during the holidays. Kids get out Friday.
It's super busy and I know you are bored and I am so happy I am able to do again, but...
I almost yearn for the old recovery days where all I had to do is get well.
Pray for me...some of these younguns I supervise have the common sense and concentration of a gnat. Rather do it all myself, but 70 lb boxes and my hips ....not going there!
:nah:
 
Those compression socks are the worst. Necessary evil, I guess :gaah:
Hope your knee is feeling better.
Wishing you a great weekend @Gone again
 
Oh phooey booey compression socks! Bleck! I didn't mind wearing them, it was more the issue of getting them on and off. Felt weird having my son do it, like rolling on stockings. As soon as it hit my upper calve I was "OK..I got it now!" hahaha Then one day it felt just slighty twisted and no one was home...oh the OCD agony of it!!!! :hairpulling::heehee:

Anyhow, early days still @Gone again . I'm finding that it feels like a two step forward, one step back type deal. I'm almost 4weeks and still need one crutch and after too much, I need two. It's exhausting, all this recovery stuff. :yawn:

Hope you have a great day coming up!
 
Hope things are reading for for you some.
Hope you have a peaceful weekend.:)
 
@Mojo333 I’m so sorry about your court ordered punishment. I’m sure your helpers will do everything they can to get in the way. Be careful what you hope for.:scratch: I got out of the house yesterday. Only a ride with my daughter down the hill into town and through the drive through. But it was good to get out. Once I get up and moving I can walk without any aid. Knee being swollen is a bigger problem than the hip. The log leg is improving but still can’t lift it while laying down. @danabanana the weakness after surgery is really a factor. It’s like hitting a wall.
We’re still having a dry spell so no snow to plow. If it will hold off another week Im sure I will be able to run the plow truck.
 
:beg:I pray for no brain damaged "volunteers" today.
Told guy yesterday..."I need all of your brain cells to hold hands today" after he had me redoing everything he had done the day before.
Seriously, not rocket science.
I started to send them all home as I was becoming very undiplomatic by noon, but donations are heavy and I've already been overdoing it. So I just have to hold their hands whilst they do it which has caused an unending stack of paperwork to accumulate in my desk. Food we buy and distribute is mostly USDA...and everything has five documents to be recorded...
Whine whine...rather plow snow, and I hate the cold.
Aaawwww, it IS Friday, so will START with good attitude.
:whistle:
 
@MyAussieGirl im sleeping better. Up till a couple days ago I just stayed in the recliner. It was just easier with the log leg. Now I can sleep on the one side again with my knee pillow. Sleep is a wonderful thing :sleeep: when you can get it. With my inability to move the last couple years I’ve gained weight. Not good. If I sleep on my back I wake myself up snoring. One of these nights my wife is going to smother me.
 
Glad you got out for a bit @Gone again. Hope the snow holds off for you. Being able to plow wouldn’t be one of my goals, but I understand where you are coming from.

@Mojo333 i can so relate to government paperwork- it is my life!
 
@MammaT the trick on our road is to plow before everyone on the hill goes to work. I’m the only one that will plow early morning. A mile of gravel road rising over 300 feet is not good when it gets iced over. ⛷ it’s my job to keep my wife’s stress factor down. She goes to work early and there is no cell service on most of the road. Life in the mountains can be difficult but it’s worth it.
 
No snow flying here yet either.....but it's coming. We had a big dump in early November. I love shovelling the snow but hips haven't permitted it. Good thing I have two strapping young men for sons who can do it for me. Hubby hates the winter and snow. Even though he was born in Edmonton, his DNA is warm blooded seeing that his mother is from South America and his father from Mauritius, an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) off the southeast coast of the African continent.
 
@Gone again - that is great you take care of that. Given the description of your location it is essential. I like visiting mountains and have found the lifestyle intriguing, but I’m more of a farmland girl. Hope you are ready for the plowing when the snow hits.
 
The wife is taking our grandkids shopping for winter boots today. Think I’ll tag along. At least a little. Afterwards the kids will spend the night. And we’ll take them to church tomorrow. So I’ll have a Percocet with me just in case. It will be a big weekend for my boring life. I’m feeling better every day now. I’ll try to stay out of the OverDid It club. I still hate using those electric carts but what are you going to do.
 
Have fun with the grandkids. At least with the electric cart you can get out and about without becoming an overdid it member.
 
Sit in the cart and enjoy the view. Practice for old age while thanking God it's only temporary.
I know you can find humor in it someway. You're the best at that!
See if you can crash into more things than @Gretel did.
I have a feeling there may be a story or two to laugh at once this weekend winds down.
The continuing adventures of @Gone again .......

PS Stay out of the ODIC.....they called and they're filled!
 
I am so glad you're both sleeping better and getting out some ...yay @Gone again I had log leg with hip one was glad to escape be it this last time. I know how your wife felt. Though my husband snores and hisses air be on me no matter what position he is in...sigh
 
Well half way through our 4 hour outing yesterday I was done. Took a Percocet and iced for the rest of the evening. It was to much but worth it. Grandkids spend the night. The plan is to go to the kids church this morning but that’s almost an hour away. That’s another 4hour outing. Don’t think I’ll make it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom