Guest viewing is limited

THR my new hips

I'm impressed with your progress @Gone again and already bored? That's a good sign though that you are progressing already. Sounds like this recovery is going to go great. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
You have to remember this surgery is what they do. The whole thing seeems crazy to us normal folks. But they don’t think any thing about it. It’s just you have to trust them. Admittedly it’s hard to do. And being flipped around like a chicken wing on a BBQ isn’t something Iwant to be awake for LOL
 
Last edited:
@Gone again I so appreciate your viewpoint and thank you for it.
I don't want to come across as though I was traumatized by my experience but it was my first surgery.
By recollection I felt a bit "out of it" as they wheeled me toward to op room....very quickly....it got colder the closer we got. I recall questioning the "frigid temps" and a nurse explaining it needs to be really cold in the operating room. I believe I was given "something" to take the edge off, possibly in the little cup of pills I had to gulp. I didn't feel normal, but a bit drugged.
I recall viewing the op theater as bigger than I'd imagined. Messier than I'd imagined also haha! This lying here, that stored there, it's a bit of a fog. I do recall thinking "where is everyone?" All moved quickly... sit me up, needle in the back, tell me when your legs feel numb, "they're numb" laid me back, down came a blue triangular mask toward my face, I told myself "just go with it". Bam.....AWAKE!!!! Craziest experience. I'm sure yours was somewhat the same.

I recall thinking later "Where were they?" Meaning OS and team. Were they all scrubbed and waiting with their elbows bent, fingertips pointing toward the ceiling as you see on tv, haha! Waiting behind swinging doors to descend on the scene. I imagine so. I do find it comforting that you were able to see / meet your team. I think that's a wonderful idea! That's unless they had creepy, scarey faces.... sneering at you as they assured you all was well and would be over in the blink of an eye.

Obsess much? .....thanks for being my sounding board.... I think I'm better now :heehee:
 
Awesome! Sounds like you're progressing well @Gone again.
I hope you have a nice weekend.
It's going to be decent here today. About 50 degrees! Unusual for this time of year
and will drop into the 20's beginning Tuesday :tantrum:
Are you in the deep freeze there yet? Aside from this :ice:
 
All coming back to life...and ouch.
Stay with your meds.
You know the drill.
Let the typos begin!
 
It's still in the low 70s here and I'm already freezing.
Bet it is beautiful though.
Need a big pot of chili and some oyster crackers....
 
Early days (and nights). I've compared this process before to having a baby. Getting sleep in snatches is part of it. But babies eventually sleep thru the night and so will you. And the sleep deprivation will make you forget the trauma (including sleepless nights) and allow you to enjoy your new baby hip.

Rest when you can!
 
It's the rough time. Can't sleep, can't walk much, need something ELSE to do.
Bringing back fond :sigh: memories of recovery for me @Gone again.
Sincerest sympathy.
Thank goodness.. TEMPORARY!:bored:
 
So sorry, @Gone again
Lying awake in the dark while everyone else is sleeping is the worst.
Hopefully all that nocturnal wakefulness will result in some sleeptime naps today.
Best wishes you are comfy cozy and catch some z's today :yawn: :sleep:
 
Before you know it this too shall pass @Gone again there seems to be rough patches the first 3 months but they will get less and less. Lack of sleep does affect everything and especially our mood. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Wishing you a better day...stressing over sleep is almost as bad as not sleeping.
Mini naps were all I could do for 3 months! Maddening.
:console2:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom