THR my new hips

Day 10 feeling better. Just been taking Tylenol. Last few nights I’ve been sleeping in the recliner. Mainly because of the log leg but that’s improving. Sleep is still hit and miss. This go round my knee is aching quite a bit. Seems more than last time but maybe not. Like we all know the first week is the worst but that’s behind me now. Nothing but blue skies ahead. Yahoo! I’m sure looking forward to this coming spring and being able to get on my bicycle for those early morning rides. I also love to go fishing out on one of the lakes near me in the early morning. But with my hips the way they were getting in and out of a small boat wasn’t happening.
And who knows I may be riding sooner if the weather holds. We could get a mild winter.
 
Hi @Gone again
You sound well aside from the sleep. Hope you get in some good naps today.
Wishing you peaceful comfort as you continue to heal.
 
So good to read your update. Love your realistic and positive attitude. Sleep will come but when is a surprise-don’t you just love surprises?!
 
It's gonna be SO good....good healing vibes going your way.
 
I am so glad you're doing some better. You could check with your doctor on issues with sleep. I think you're one of the nicest people on here one... I hate to think of you sad or down . I gotta have a boating buddy come spring :dancing:
 
Good morning to all my friends and thank you for all the support.Tried sleeping in bed last night also tried no Tylenol. Well that was a double stupid. You would think I’d know better but Nooooo. All is better now. I’m realy not likeing these compression socks. The nurse at the hospital put them on me by putting my foot on her shoulder to push them on. There’s an mental image for you. I’ve got size 15 feet and they are a perfect 13. I was told to wear them 23 hours a day for a month. There is no way I could ever get them on alone. Hell I can’t even get them off without a team of horses. My knee is swollen some so that helps. But I’ve got to say that it’s quite a fashion statement. When we do get them off my legs look like they belong to the Michelin Man. Other than that it was a perfect night. :loll:
 
Those terrible stockings! Much sympathy.
Poor @Gone again !
They would make good draft dodgers filled with beans...that's what I'm going to do with mine I think.
 
Poor thing! I don't like the intermittent pressure cuffs but they go on and come off more easily. With the tubes and wires, though, I won't even try the bed until I get rid of them. I kind of remember it being a workout just turning over in bed each night so I'm not sure I'm ready for that anyway. Other than the socks and no Tylenol last night, are you sleeping any better?
 
Oh @Gone again you never fail to make me laugh :giggle: Got many humorous visuals throughout your post.
You sound well, just imagine how much better even by Christmas. 2018 is gonna be good!
Wishing you a comfy, cozy, peacefully relaxing weekend!
 
You need good sleep and pain control. I am so glad I am far past the first month. I also was spared log leg with this one.. A month of compression socks yikes.....too bad you can't run. Prayers continue :prayer:
 
Hi @Gone again I'm just reading your posts. I hope you're back on the Tylenol regular and getting some much needed sleep. Each day will get better, try not to focus on any setbacks. You're doing great and I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Oh @Gone again - gotta love our double stupids. I hate the sock so much, and had blistered spots from the top rubbing it came off the fourth day when I took shower at home and it never went back on. They didn’t mention it’s absence at two week check up. I made sure to do ankle pumps and regular movement. Maybe not the bet thing to do but I am convinced they were too small and a tool of the devil!
 
Today marks 2 weeks. Just using a cain now. My knee sure has some sore spots and is still swollen. must be from all the hammering. Hip isn’t bad at all.
 
Sorry you are stir crazy and bored.
Last one of these...
When spring has sprung...all will be well on its way.
You behave...
:flwrysmile:
 
Glad hip is doing so well. That knee thing was almost worse than the hip. Good new down grading to cane.
 
Hey @Gone again I'm four weeks tomorrow and my knee is still giving me troubles. *meh*
Luckily no compression stockings for me, but thank you for your lovely description of the nurse putting them on...:rofsign:Take care
 
I’m done with the compression socks. It slid down and bunched up like a Turniket last night. Felt like I had a cut just above the ankle. Made dinner last night and spent to much time on my feet. Suddenly I was done and back to the walker. Surgery sure does take it out of you. Had to abandon dinner elevate and ice.
 
Two major surgeries in 6 months my friend. It's gonna take a bit for you get your strength and stamina going.
I know you won't regret it.
I hope you rest well today!
 
You'll get there, but you know that. The crazy winding road of recovery.
I hope you got some quality rest and today was better @Gone again
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom