MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

@sandi4213, yes next summer will be so much better for all of us stagers! There is hope, you are just two months behind me! Those two months bring so many positive changes and you will be there before you know it!

Thanks @Polkadot, it is so good to be back to living life although sometimes I long for the less complicated schedule. But I don't long to be in that acute recovery stage again! Yes @Pheebs52 yes we were twins in several areas such as great therapists, bad backs and some things that will remain unnamed :heehee:.

No fear @Fire wolf, not ditching and yes there is an end in sight. I'm not at the end but I'm thinking I am in the end stretch!

I saw my OS yesterday for my post manipulation visit. My DH had an appointment 30 minutes after mine for his last pre op before his LTKR on Oct 25. This should be really interesting since he was eager to let me know that he isn't going to have as difficult time as I did :rofsign:not to say he won't but.... The OS said he was really pleased with my manipulation results. He said that many times the gain is only 15 to 20 degrees and and I got 43 additional degrees. I am so thankful for that. He did tell me that he wanted me to :ice:more and see if we could get this swelling to go away for good. I have to admit I haven't made time for it so I have to get back in the habit.

My brother sent me this cute knee picture I have attached. DH told me you have to post it on "that" BS "thing" you do, ha ha.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_7340.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 249
Lol @Polkadot!

Becky, love the photo! Time to get rid of all this knee baloney; hah!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Becky you really are a rock star! I'm sure your DH will have a whole new sympathy for what you have been through after Oct 25th! Glad to hear your family didn't get hit too badly with Irma and you are enjoying your job and life again!
Come visit us on BS when you can and maybe get your DH set up with a thread as well! My BIL goes for his TKR on Nov 2 and his wife ( a nurse & has had both knees and a hip done) and I will be cheering him on!
 
@Polkadot now I assure you I do love my DH but this little sadistic part of me thinks I just can't wait!:bignono:
I really should feel bad for saying that as he has been incredibly patient and attentive this 5 months! BUT he has just assured me so many times that he's "got this". I tried to convince him that he needed pre-hab but oh no, not him, he doesn't need it. He won't have problems sleeping, he'll be driving in a week or two....you get the picture. The crazy thing is I won't be surprised if it's true:hairpulling:. That sounds like I want him to have as hard a time as I did and that really not true but I think you all get the picture :gaah:

@Canada35, I'm thinking he won't do a BS thread, when I asked him if he was he just :giggle:and said NO. I might just have to share his journey for him!

I pulled out the ice machine and did ice all night last night, it brought back lots of :censored: memories! I think Beatrice looks smaller this morning but I am going to rototiller my herb garden this morning...I may need to ice this afternoon. I missed working in my herbs since I slept through most of spring and summer so I want to get the bed ready for next year and maybe plant some winter herbs. @Thesoutherncook, I don't cook that much to use a lot of herbs but I feel playing in the dirt and smelling the herbs as I work with them is therapy for me! I might need therapy when DH gets his knee done next month!:heehee:
 
Last edited:
Oh Becky, your DH is just such a typical *guy*, lol. Mine would be saying the same things, and like you, I'd probably be feeling the same way; hah! I think you will have to set up a recovery thread for him, in secret, of course; hah!

I loved having an herb garden for all the reasons you mentioned. It's so therapeutic to just play with some dirt and smell those lovely herbs even if you never cook with them. As you know, I'm not much of a cook, but they would entice to cooking a few things I wouldn't normally attempt. When my hip went down the tubes, I switched everything to raised containers on my back deck. When my knee went down the tubes, I gave it all up, but would like to grow one again, once we move. Happy gardening!
 
@Pheebs52 maybe you could do herbs in pots on your deck, although it is about past season up there I would guess.

I worked outside for 5 hours. At least the herb garden will be ready for spring and I can put in some winter herbs. My right elbow and my fingers hurt worse than either knee!! Kneerah!!

Beatrice is a little stiff and swollen up again but not to bad for all that. Lefty acts like that was no big deal. I have a short garden seat on wheels that I started out using but it didn't roll well in the dirt. It wasn't easy to heave myself up each time I needed to move. I ended up sitting on my bottom and just scooting from place to place. I ended up weeding around the roses which is in a long bed the length of the front yard. I don't think my shorts will ever come clean! Even my underwear had ground in dirt! It feels so good to do that " normal" job out in the yard! Another living life moment! I had a good long shower and now off to see a grandson play soccer.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
wowza becky, i'm so happy for you. look at all you're doing plus working full time. i'm going to look like a real dipstick here, but we're all friends...right? i don't get the meme you posted of the 2 knees and the package of baloney. i'm sure it must be funny and witty. can you explain?:blush:
 
Yes @liam2015. My brother wasn't sure if I would get it either. One picture was above knees and the other was "below knees" hence 'bo' 'lo' 'ney'. It was a warped piece of humor!! I did get that one when he sent it but I'm
glad I'm not the only one, sistah!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
I wanted to clarify when I write about what I have been doing it isn't to brag or say look at what I'm doing. I truly want it to be an encouragement that there is life after knees. Everyone progresses so differently. My right knee was slow at everything she did. I'm just two days shy of 16 weeks with her and about a week and a half short of 7 months with the left. It's just been in the last month I have felt like doing much of anything. I learned to try and not compare knees because there are still things many of you are doing that I can't do easily or even hardly at all and your knees are younger than mine. We are all in this crazy thing called recovery together. I'm so thankful for all the support and laughs I get on this site. It's kept me from crying many a day!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, Becky, you did a LOT of gardening! I feel dirty just reading about it, LOL! I've always wondered about those little garden scooter gizmos, but figured they wouldn't roll very well in my yard since it's a hill, so never bought one. I always did what you did today but would add a cushion from the porch furniture for bum comfort! I'm really having a bit of difficulty imagining myself in that scooting along the ground position right now, but hey, if you can do it, you're my hero! Kneerah! Or should that be Kneero? Not sure.:wink:

Yes, it's too chilly here now for an herb garden, but I could plant some lettuce or mescaline. However, they don't have all the great fragrance of herbs, so I think I'll pass. I'll just wait until we move and then most likely stick with raised planters. I did get out there today to prune and trim some shrubs and this was my first real experience with yard work since tkr. Happily, the knee held up and so did I. It's a tough yard with steep slopes everywhere, so a real test for any bionic knee still recovering.

Pssst: I don't think anyone thinks you are *bragging*! I mean, seriously? I think people find this sort of post very encouraging, proof that *real-life* does happen for TKR's! Everyone here needs that message, over and over and over again. You keep rockin' *real-life* and reporting on it and all of your fabulous knee adventures. Inquiring minds want to know!:yes!:
 
Goodnfor you for gardening! I sneaked out last Saturday and cut back a few flowers that were threatening to take over the entrance walkway! DH busted me when he saw the large pile of clipping for him to dispose of! Lol! But, it felt good to see the results! Keep at it! You are setting the bar!
 
I agree! I don't view anyone's posts as bragging, and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think that about mine. I mean really, Spence has a big enough ego!:heehee: In all seriousness, I enjoy reading about your and everyone else's accomplishments! This is such a long and frustrating journey that it, for me, is a joy to see people have successes, both large and small! Although, I think even the small successes are ginormous!:yay:
 
Omg Becky! Your posts are aspirational, not bragging at all. Plus those of us who have shared your journey know the issues you've had with Beatrice post surgery. I'm so happy for you that you are feeling up to doing your fave activities in addition to work. It's nice to feel more like a regular person instead of a patient. I hope your DH has a good recovery and we'll all hope he has a greater appreciation for the challenges of recovery. He may not need the BS forum but we'll all be here for you as you might need us :heehee:
 
haha becky...very, very clever of your brother:groan:...well done...hehe! thanks for explaining ~ i never would have got that but if there's any more like that meme, then i will remember.:idea:

p.s. i love reading yours and everyone else's adventures in recovery.
 
Hey Becky....I'm with all the others. Each on of us has accomplished different things at different times and we are here to cheer each other on. We all want to know what we may look forward to or the struggles that are similar to our own. I don't think anyone on this forum would interpret that as bragging. You go girl and when you get there you let us know. We will hold up the "great job" banner! We know you will do the same for us! :wow::yahoo::yahoo:
 
Congratulations being back at work! I know it is hard! Sorry you still need to tape for the swelling! Hang in there!
I will be looking forward to seeing how hubby does! Loved the photo of you two! Very handsome couple! Xx
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom