MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Becky, your sign is beautiful. I, too, would proudly hang that up. Thank you for sharing your oops with the group. I am always mad at myself when I do something stupid and embarrassed to tell others. I have noticed that the assistants at my PT office tend to try to push me harder than the Pts do. I don't know why, unless they just don't understand. So, another lesson learned. I bet you are a lot firmer with her next time.
 
Pheebs, as usual you make me laugh! The thoughts of a blank canvas scares me! That's what I call creative. I can follow a pattern or line. Each to their own. I agree so far about the Kindle. I think it's the lighting is different. I also saw you can read at the beach or in bright sunlight with it as well. I never thought I would be one to not hold a real book...

The knees are supposed to be bionic, right? I put them to their test and they screamed NOT YET CRAZY WOMAN!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hahaha, even as a child, I could never color within the lines. It wasn't so much that I couldn't, I just didn't want to; rebellious, rule-breaker sort, hah! I was much happier with blank paper to draw on and went bonkers when I got my first set of watercolors, lol! My father was a commercial artist and taught both my brother and I the basics of drawing, perspective and painting. So, we had a lot of in-house training from a young age. As an adult, when a room needed to be painted, I often envisioned murals, but DH mostly put the kabosh on that! I did manage to squeeze in one mural in our first house, but thereafter, just bought larger canvases.

Yes, the Kindle lighting simulates natural light and that makes a lot of difference. I love being able to use it outdoors on the brightest days! Like you, I could never picture reading anything but a *real* book, until I broke my wrist about 8 years ago. That made flipping pages and holding the book impossible. DH, the resident *nerd* went out that day and came home with the Kindle for me. I thought I'd hate it, but...I was wrong!

Well yes, the knees ARE Bionic, but the soft tissue isn't....yet! Read my post today and see what my PA at the surgeon's office had to say about that; you'll be stunned!
 
Somehow @Pheebs52 I never thought of you as a rule breaker:heehee::rofsign:I will comment on your page about that visit today!!

@sandi4213 yes you can bet I was. I walked in the door, looked her in the eye and said never again! Yes, I was embarrassed to actually post what I did :bignono:
 
good for you becky letting the physio know what it was that hurt you. you must have put good effort into doing the lunges and squats and that's why you hurt so much after?? we really need to learn not to push ourselves to that point where it's too much too soon. that's how i hurt myself with the balancing exercise ~ i had the strength and balance but the areas around my knee (i don't know the technical names) were not ready and they let me know.
 
Becky, Oh my gosh.....you did test your knees this week, didn't you? I hope this long weekend gives you some respite from the pain with some r&r and ice and elevation. Certainly no Marriott Vacation Club like @Jennszoo but if the sun shines and you close your eyes, and pour some sand over your toes, you can pretend it is!!

I love your sign. I am really lousy at crafting but I have some friends who are really good. They make an extra for me while I provide them with refreshments, liquid and otherwise lol! The kitchen is one place my knees are feeling comfortable these days. I have a stool at the counter in case I need to rest from standing and I have a gel mat in front of the sink and stove which I find very helpful on my knees.
 
Becky, just wanted to wish you well as I believe that you are returning full-time back to work this week, although I could be wrong with my mush brain! If so, remember to go easy as much as you can, and try to ice and/or elevate during the day. Bionic tkr does not mean superhuman for the rest of you! :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Hi @Fire wolf, yes I do start back full time this week. Because I manage my own accounts and schedule, thankfully I am only one day in the hospital this week and it just happens to be in a hospital in Chattanooga. The other days I will be doing account management and catching up from my home office. Next week I have to drive 4 hours to a hospital but again for only 1 day but will involve a hotel stay. If I can ease thru the first couple of weeks it will be better for sure! I hope you have a better week this week and are feeling much better!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad you can ease in by having some work from home time. Having the option to ice and elevate at times is great, and can help give you a sense of how long you can sit for at a time when at work. Kind of like a trial run while actually still working. I feel for you with the long drive. I have my 2 hr one way commute 3 days this week. The drive itself doesn't bother Spence, just the very long day.
 
Becky, best of luck at work this week. It's great that you have the opportunity to kind of ease back in. I'm sure you will do great.
 
@Fire wolf, I have a lot of accounts two hours away but I usually stay in a hotel if I have to be back the next morning at 7. That's a lot of driving for you to do and work too! Can you stay over?

@SusieShoes thanks, I don't feel like an inspiration! I've done a lot of whining and crying these last five months! The scary thing is I'm sure there is still crying ahead going back to work. I don't know if my brain can function after five months, much less my knees! I know how I feel after a long day at home and about not in dress clothes and shoes. But ready or not the time is here and hopefully this is the boost I need to get me over the last hurdles!

Thanks Sandi! Yes I am blessed to be able to ease back in!

I hope I don't get so crazy busy that I can't check on my smarty buds! I grown to love, respect and appreciate this group of friends I've met on here.:wowspring::loveshwr:
 
@becticu, Becky, I'm so happy to hear that you are able to ease back into work and can do a lot from home in the first couple of weeks! I sure wish you didn't hafta do a 4 hour drive the following week, but I know you'll pull over when you can and get out to walk for a bit to keep things fairly loose. This is really going to be a momentous week for you in so many ways, eh? You know we'll all be cheering from the sidelines, but, when you have a moment we'll want all the details, lol. Now, if I find some spare brain cells rattling around, would you like me to forward them? :wink:
 
Becky - good luck with your return to work over the next couple of weeks. So glad you can ease into it. When I was a working woman and a sales manager who travelled across Canada frequently and spent a lot of time in my car to do work withs in the field with my reps, my knees would be screaming at me constantly. I kinda wonder if I would have enjoyed my last 4 or 5 years much more if I had my TKRs done then! I hope it works out that way for you because it would make working until you are "ready" to retire just so much better than being forced into retirement by pain and agony.
 
Well here it is after five long months! I am sitting in the car getting ready to walk in the hospital. I'm not sure if I'm more worried if my brain can still function or if my knees will hold up or both!! Here goes....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom