Guest viewing is limited

MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

It's called 'hairdresser's syndrome' because some docs noticed many women were coming to them with dizzy spells after having been to the hairdressers and leaning their head all the way back in a way they normally would not do.
It's also called "Top shelf syndrome" for a similar reason.

The formal name is "Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo" (BPPV). I get it occasionally and I agree it's no fun. However, mine seems to have settled down ( :fingersx: ) and all I get is dizziness when I first lie down at night.

I hope your bout settles soon, Becky.
 
That could be. I had it a few times in one year and not sure why. It is debilitating, that's for sure. I hope your feeling ether, @becticu
 
Vertigo is the worst! I hate the feeling and the nausea that happens with it.

I had a bout hit one time when I was shopping for bras at Kohl's. I was looking up at a top rack, it hit, and I went face first into the wall display until it stopped. The sales person came by to ask if I needed help. Not to have my shopping interrupted, I asked her to get the style / size that I needed while the vertigo was going on.

I have had a few very short moments when I've been elevating post surgery, but they've only lasted a few moments and passed.

I hope it passes quickly and you get some relief soon.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love my bone smarties! Thank you each one for the encouragement. No baby yet although she is due today. She actually worked yesterday and is a stylist and on her feet the entire day. When I asked her why she worked the day before her due date, she asked what else would I do?? Her house is cleaned to perfection, the nursery looks like it came out of a pottery barn magazine. I talked to her earlier today and she was outside walking in pretty bad heat trying to bring on labor..... thankfully she went back inside and got a shower. She was off for Chinese food for dinner:dancy:

My vertigo is getting better. I've been doing the Epley Manuever a couple of times a day and I think it's working. If I am careful how I move my head and don't make sudden moves I'm controlling it fairly well.

Mon PT and the day was pretty bad, hence my gratitude post on Monday. Like Bambi's mother said, "if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all". I think going through the drug withdrawal and getting vertigo right on it's heels set me up for some bad days. I felt stronger yesterday and much stronger today! Yah! I have forced myself to eat....now why have I never had that problem ever before in my life?? I can tell my nutrition had a lot to do with it. I quit giving my husband creative discretion with the food and groceries and told him this is what we have to have. Much better....

I had PT Monday, the Rheumatologist yesterday (I was diagnosed with RA last year) and PT today. I came home today and took a 3 hr nap!

The only daughter that lives out of town is coming tomorrow for the baby party. I'm hoping to spend a little energy baby proofing my house tonight. She is bringing her two toddlers with her. I'm hoping they are a good distraction from all this knee business!
 
@Jennszoo, you understand kids in the house, but I don't have to be momma like you do! Earlier you said we should meet up when I'm back to work and traveling to Atlanta. That sounds fun! I'm glad they got the collapsed bridge all fixed while I have been out. Grady Hospital, Piedmont and the Tanner System are my main accounts when I work there so I am right downtown a lot. I'm so glad I don't deal with that traffic on a daily basis!
 
Today, I had one kid playing next door, the oldest was playing in the basement, the middle was watching a movie in my room...so quiet. I just started to doze and my husband came out of his office and started loudly talking to me. So it's not always the kids keeping me from napping. Lol.

I work part time at a speech clinic in marietta, so if it's a day off, I'm up for lunch in Atl ! We can compare battle wounds!
 
Don't be running after those grandkids! I know you will want to! Enjoy and time with your family.
 
@Jennszoo there used to be a sandwich/soup place right across the street from Wellstar Kennedtone Hospital there in Marietta. They had the best chicken salad I ever had. I can't remember the name of it now.
 
I told you y'all, that is Southern for you all that my daughter Tara is due today. She had Chinese tonight to see if that might stir things up. She just text me her fortune from her fortune cookie. That is great advice for her I think it applies to all of us as well!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_0940.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 199
Glad to hear that the Epley maneuver is working some and thanks for sharing that perfect fortune. Enjoy that baby when it gets here.
 
i love that fortune saying ~ words to live by. enjoy those toddlers and let us know about the new baby. what an exciting time for you...enjoy every moment.
 
So happy you were able to check in. I hope the Epley continues to work for you. Love on those babies tomorrow. :roseshwr:
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom