Guest viewing is limited

MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

BABY ALERT!! My daughters amniotic fluid is a little low so they are inducing her. They will admit her and soften the cervix tonight and start her the pit drip in the morning. I will go in the morning, they don't think she will do anything tonight.

Baby birthing is really special in my family. We have 4 daughters and they are really close to each other. We have 8 grandchildren and all the girls and myself have been able to be in each delivery. Oh yeah, we did let the "baby daddy" in as well,lol. I have always held a leg when they were ready to push. I don't feel really strong since my recovery has been so slow. I'm really praying I can handle a day of sitting and standing and holding. All you slow benders know that's not so easy to do with a contrary knee... I'll be posting some pictures!:loveshwr::happydance:
 
Good luck with the baby!!! How wonderful. I'm sure your new knee will left you do what needs to be done. Can't wait to hear the news!
 
I'm sure you'll have some of that adrenaline when baby's coming, like what helped the other guy chase down bike Thief. Best of luck to her.
 
Becky, I'm so excited for you and the impending arrival of Baby Harper!:loveshwr: I'm thrilled to hear you're feeling a bit better! I hope you can get some good sleep tonight because you're sure going to need some energy tomorrow; whoohoo! :happydance: Frankly, I don't think you'll even notice your knee tomorrow, but please keep us posted as you can.:friends:
 
Oh, I can't wait to see those photos! You'll be so excited, you won't even think about your knee!
 
How exciting! It is so fantastic that you can all be there. Being with my daughter and daughters in law while my grandchildren were born were definitely red letter days. Enjoy, but sit when you need to. :welome:baby!
 
Things are going well with my daughter. She has her epidural now and pretty happy. She's around 4-5 cm and relaxed.

I've been able to prop my foot pretty much when needed. I'm just a little uncomfortable but trying to keep changing positions. Considering how I felt just a few days ago, it's fantastic! I've brought my emergency bag with all meds and supplies.

I'm posting some pictures. She brought her own cute hospital gown to wear (who knew?) and looks as cute as can be. These are of her, her husband and one of her with me. You have to love the socks!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5444.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 190
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5443.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 200
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5446.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 261
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5445.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 205
They sure don't look like they did when I had my son. Your daughter is beautiful, as are you! I can't wait to see the baby photos! It's wonderful news that your knee is holding up OK!
 
Oh Becky, your daughter is just gorgeous and the picture of relaxation! I love her gown, but the socks beat all, lol! Your son-in-law looks like he's on Cloud Nine as well; such an adorable couple!

I'm so relieved to hear you are holding up well and can prop your leg up as needed. Don't forget to take your meds on this very exciting day!:loveshwr:
 
How exciting! Your daughter is just glowing, and I love the socks! Sounds like you are being smart for yourself, keep it up.
 
Here I am closing in on week 5. I week ago I was feeling really overwhelmed and very much tired of both of these recoveries since March. If you asked me if I was happy I did staged knees the answer would have been...no not so much, the recovery is just too long.

Most of you know I've had struggles with my second knee. I quit my opiates cold turkey. Don't do as I did! I got off them to a lower level of pain meds that my brain needed but I sacrificed several days of knee recovery because of it. I had some pretty strong withdrawals because of it.

I also lost almost a week to vertigo. It put me down for days with a spinning head. My flexion was already lagging behind lefty before those setbacks and they made it worse. If you look back in my thread you will see comparison pics of swelling between left and right. Right was huge....also affected flexion.

Ask me now if I am glad I did staged knees....right now this moment the answer is yes! I know you are saying she's still got that baby adrenaline rush going....maybe but I'll take it!

This last Mon was probably one of my lowest days both physically and emotionally. Tues was a little better. Wed was better than Tues. Thursday was better than Wed. Each day I worked at trying to be up just a little bit longer to try and build stamina. On Monday I couldn't be up 10 min before I was totally exhausted, that's how low I was. Then came Fruday. My baby was going to have a baby and being induced.

I've changed my right knees name from Beelzebub to Beatrice. She earned it! I wouldn't just recommend going to hang out at the hospital and actually be there for 13 hrs just to see if you could, but my hearts desire was to be there and participate as much as I could possibly do for this my 4th daughter having her 1st baby. I was able to sit, stand and ocassionslly prop for the day. I didn't have as much hands on during her actual labor as I did with the other girls but her sisters were more than willing to take care of her every need.

I was saving energy for the birth. As I told you before I had held a leg during the birth for all 8 grand babies before and didn't want to change that for Tara's labor. She pushed for 1 1/2 hours and I stood for an hour holding one of her legs while she pushed. I did relinquish my post for the last half hour and sat and then stood for Harper's grand entry! She is beautiful!

I got to bed at almost 1am and Bea was pretty swollen for sure. Lefty was even swollen. I elevated and iced till I woke to potty about 4:30. Amazingly the swelling is really going down. I have a sour stomach and a little adrenaline still going so decided to do this update.

PS...what about that flexion?? On Monday in PT pushing with all I had it was 82. That was a painful 82. That's not in the comfort zone for sitting or standing for any length. I haven't measured but I know I'm at least a 90+. I could sit in a chair and my knee bent where it should!! What do all our experienced smarties say?? The ROM is in there waiting to happen just give it time. I didn't work at that this week. I think as my ADL's were able to increase from being almost totally down for about two weeks she started to bend on her own. I think I will be able to tell my OS to take that MUA and shove it!!! I see him next Thur and he wanted to schedule one.

I've done this long enough to know that I might crash and burn again in a few days, but I will pick myself back up and give it some time. I still have a long way to go, not ready to go back to work anytime soon for sure. But...I see light at the end of a tunnel and it's not a train!!

Well it's 6am now and I think I can go back to sleep. I will go back to the hospital today, but just for a visit, not a 13 hr day! I'll post a picture of Harper after that. Sorry so long but much to tell, goodnight!:loveshwr::spin::dancy:
 
Becky, this is the BEST possible news! Not only did you get to participate in the birth, you can BEND! Maybe, and it's a tretch, I admit it, all that enforced rest was exactly what...er..."Beatrice," needed! :egypdance:

Looking forward to the baby photos and wishing you a fabulous but short visit today!:flwrysmile:
 
Yes, the bend should come with Bea, some knees just need more time than others. I'm glad you were able to participate in the birth.
 
Congratulations Becky! I'm so glad you got to be there and participate in the birth of your baby's first baby. Good news on Bea's behavior, too. It sounds like your Rom is coming.
 
Great news all around! Congrats on the arrival of the newest Grandbaby!! I am so glad you were able to be there. What a special time for you and your family.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom