Guest viewing is limited

MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Oh this is the wonderful update I was hoping to wake up to. And it's even better than I expected - healthy grand baby, happy Gma, and a bendy knee! Rest up and go get some baby snuggles today! :loveshwr:
 
i loved reading your post; didn't realize baby harper :welome:had been born until 7th paragraph. congratulations. try to get lots of rest ~ i remember after spending the day and night with my sister having her baby and my daughter having hers, i had to sleep most of the next couple of days. i wouldn't worry about your r.o.m. being at 82 on monday, and now you might be at 90 at the 5 week mark. that's progress. i was only at 79 degrees at the 6 week mark and improving every day. i really admire your perseverance for being with your daughter giving birth ~ that took a lot of stamina and love ~ love, which you have lots of! the photos are beautiful. i love your daughter's hospital gown and socks. look forward to seeing pics of your new granddaughter.:flwrysmile:
 
Great news Becky!!! Cheers for you and your family - sounds like Bea came through in the clutch. Get some much needed rest :yahoo:
 
Whoopee! A new grand baby and Bea coming around like she should! Once you got your mind off of her, she improved! I can't wait tot see those photos!
 
No words of mine can describe how elated I was reading your posts the last few days. fantastic. Can't wait to see Grandma Becky's Harper [emoji274]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congratulations on the birth of Harper and on the increase in your knee's ROM, Becky. :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :flwrysmile:
 
What a lucky baby Harper is to have been born into your family! :welome:Congratulations to all of you!
Great to read that your knee bent as it should at the chair. What a relief to know it's an ok knee afterall...no need for MUA.
Sleep, rest and enjoy grandmotherhood all over again!

- Those socks on Tara are so funny!
 
Wow! Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Can't wait to see her picture! Also congrats on your behaving bendy Beatrice!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone, week 6 update. Yesterday was 6 weeks from my right replacement with the left 0 weeks earlier on March 22. Most of you know that this knee was totally different from my left. DON'T I repeat DON'T compare knees, even your own two! Having nothing to compare with with my first replacement I stayed basically frustrated the whole time with my progress, even with assurances from Bonesmart that I was actually ahead of normal. I had set very high and totally unrealistic goals for recovery.

Fast forward to now. The right knee has been slow and I am an official member of the slow benders club. I have had a couple of health issues that really kept me down for the bigger part of two weeks. My type A personality wants to say that set me back. My Bonesmart knowledge makes me think that was the best thing for my knee. I feel like my body was weaker due to vertigo and not being able to eat, but knees probably benefited. I named the right knee Beleezebub because she reminded me of the devil. One of my posts last week I changed her to Beatrice! On Monday I asked to be measured. My therapist and I had pretty much agreed we weren't measuring. I was officially 90 and 0 on my own without pain.

I know that is supposed to be good for 6 weeks but still find myself impatient with the bend. I'm not good with stairs, definitely need my cane and of course can't drive. I was supposed to go back to work July 27 with no restrictions. I see my OS Thursday and know he will change it so that's not a problem but it is so strange to be not working since March 22 and not know when I'm going back. Thankfully I have wonderful benefits so that isn't an issue. On the plus side I am so much stronger than two weeks ago. I am doing small things around the house. I cleaned my DH's bathroom today in stages and then had to rest! I do have a different feel to the knee now and I think I will see steady progress albeit slower than I would like.:umm:

Now for the best news! I posted that Harper was born to my youngest daughter and her husband last Friday. My weekend was spent totally trying to recover from that big day and get the knee swelling back to pre-baby! They are home and all going well. Here are a few pictures.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_1878.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 233
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_7043.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 220
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_7023.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 217
Harper is beautiful, Becky. I love the photo of you holding her.

90 degrees flexion at 6 weeks is not bad. :thumb:

Here's a little picture for you:
[Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
 
What a precious little baby girl! Just thinking about it makes me realize what a miracle a baby is. God is so good!

I think your 90 is good, especially considering the problems you've had since your 2nd surgery. As we've said before, your body was already down from your first surgery and this one is more of a challenge. But, you are seeing improvements. And you will continue to see improvements! You're coming down that mountain now. So, many of us envy you having had both done already. I'm one of them. Those of us left facing another tkr have that huge climb to make. Not you, you've already made it! God bless you and your wonderful family!
 
Becky, Harper is just precious and you sure look right at home holding her. What a gorgeous photo of the two of you!

I'm sorry, but you can't call yourself a serious *Slow-Bender* if you're at 90 degrees in 6 weeks, lol! Nope, 'fraid not. Just send the T-Shirt back to me and I'll send you an "Honorable Mention," hahaha!

What great news from every direction!:flwrysmile:
 
Pictures! How adorable. Such a beautiful girl and proud grandma. As for Bea, I think you're going to find she will improve rapidly from this point on. Your bend is just fine and will only get better!
 
She's beautiful! I'm so happy you could be there and happy you've made 90 on your own. Every knee is different, that's for sure! I had a very hard time being away from work for 12 weeks, so I'm sure almost 5 months is strange. Continue to take your time and let that knee tell you what it's ready for.
 
She is gorgeous and you look so happy holding her! Thank you for sharing those with us. 90 degrees is great! Like sistersinhim said, you are going down the mountain now.
 
ahhh beautiful healthy baby and grandma. 90 degrees ~ congrats (i'm jealous lol). i love the outfit baby Harper is wearing.
 
Thanks @Celle for the picture reminder! Sometimes I think I am my own worst enemy. I get so impatient with myself.

@sistersinhim yes I know that soon I will be glad they are both behind me. I remember in PT for the first one how bad the right knee hurt. Usually worst than the new one. I'm sure I would be one unhappy camper if I hadn't done it.

@Pheebs52 don't kick me out of the club! Just cause I have a FEW degrees more than you do. My heart and brain thinks I'm slow and as you see I'm a slow learner with a hard head...:spin:

Thanks everyone about all the comments about beautiful Harper. I forgot one of the best things. My oldest grandchild is a boy (and 11 this year) and I wasn't sure what I wanted to be called. I didn't want to be Granny or something that made me feel old :roseshwr:. On his own when he was learning to say names he started calling me Honey! Isn't that the sweetest Grandma name? The only thing we could figure out was he kept hearing my DH call me Honey. So that has stuck and all the grandkids call me Honey. He called my husband Daddy for the longest because that's what his Momma called him. He eventually came up with the name Granther for him. I love being Honey to these amazing little people!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom