MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Wow @AlaskaGrandy ! So much love but I can imagine the chaos. My two girls (9&11) fight all the time but I can't separate them bc they always want to play together.

School starts 8/1. But who's counting.
 
Storms make my old knee pain. My new one did for about 6 months. Not now! They must not bother you. Good. You're over the one month, so things should start looking up for you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Becky, you sound so much better, it made me smile to catch up on the last few days. I feel like you are on the way to a great recovery now. Btw, I used tramadol with Tylenol both with and after I stopped the oxy. I just started cutting down as I had less pain, so had no problems stopping.
 
@sistersinhim I'm glad to hear you say it went away for your TKR. Rain seems to really upset my knee. I am trading elevating and icing for it though today - we needed rain very badly.
 
I was saying you must not have weather knees anymore. That's great news!
 
We are finally being blessed with rain today. We've had almost 3" since this afternoon! The first rain we've had in about 3 weeks and it's been in the 90s. My old knee is letting me know it's there, along with the broken foot, but the new knee is a good girl!
 
That's great news Paula - the rain, not the pain! We desperately need some out here is forest fire country. We are under a Red alert for fire danger.
 
Hi again.
I'll probably post something like this on my thread but wanted to let you know about a radio programme I just heard about using sounds to help relieve pain. Then I suddenly remembered what my SIL had recommended when I had bad toothache pain on a long weekend almost a decade ago. It might be worthwhile 10 to 15 min to try this out: go to youtube and type in 174 Hz
That is the sound frequency some docs are trying out during eye surgery and other such where patients need to be awake. There are some only 10 minutes long a few others are longer.
Let me know how it works out, if at all.
:-)
 
Hi bone smarties, I wanted to give an update. I had PT on Wednesday and as usual "Beelzebub" continues to have a mind of her own and do her own thing. Wed evening I started with positional vertigo. It continued to get worse and I spent all day Thursday in bed trying not to move my head. Fri morning it seemed better if I was very slow to move and not turn my head but turn my body instead. I forced myself to go to PT because if I don't move at all I won't get better. She just did massage and gentle stretching. My vertigo kicked back in last night full force and almost any movement sets the room to spinning in every direction.

I'm planning on getting to a quick care today but honestly trying to get myself dressed is about more than I can handle. I think a baseball hat is in order for the trip, you think? If I can get dressed, I certainly can't do a thing with this hair! My hubby is patiently urging me to get dressed to go. I'm not sure there is meds for this and kind of think it's inner ear. Not sure if this doc is familiar with Epley Manuever but thinking I need that to get my "rocks" rearranged in my head. If you aren't familiar with that, google it, interesting reading.

I am trying not to ask why this is happening on top of everything else. Baby Harper hasn't arrived but that is imminent as my daughter is due Wednesday. I can't go do a delivery if I can't even stand up without the room spinning. That's my motivation to make myself get up and dressed and to the doc to see if they can help. I'm also concerned that my knee (Beelzebub) won't progress on almost total bed or recliner rest. I hate to get on here with just another bump or hill or mountain in the road. I tend to retreat inside my self when things get bad. I know a family of smarties that understand is better than the conversations going on inside my head!!:eeeuw::what::sigh: Below are two links to Utube meditations that I play at night that help me sleep. I don't really know about hypnosis but listening to these have actually helped me sleep. I hope the links work.



 
Oh wow, those were just links in my note. When I hit post they turned into large videos. I don't know how to resize or fix. Maybe one of our experts know how to fix my mess!
 
Hi Becky --- Thanks for the meditation videos. My spouse suffers from occasional debilitating vertigo and uses the Epley maneuver. It works great for her - but sometimes she has to do it a couple of times and also for a few days. I hope you can get those "rocks" sorted out and be back on your feet more comfortably before the baby comes. And definitely the ball cap - you will look quite stylish!
 
8 years ago I suffered from unspecified vertigo and the Epley -and similar manoeuvres were not as well known then. But a good friend found it on the Internet and convinced me to try it.
It took 2 days with 4 timrs a day and then all the vertigo went away. I told my GP about this and he was so happy. Apparently another patient of his had this too. Doc went to link and told her husband and 3 days later she too was over the vertigo! Thank internet (and docs who figured this simple cure) it has become better known at first by patients like us.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@becticu Did you get some relief from the vertigo? I've had positional vertigo and had success with the Epley but hate the spinning.
 
Becky, I sure hope you can get this dizziness stopped. Have you tried motion sickness pills? A friend gets it and takes 3 of them and lays down. It usually stops it. Anything's worth a try, dear lady.
 
Oh wow, those were just links in my note. When I hit post they turned into large videos.
It's okay, becticu. Our system is set up to recognise Youtube videos and convert them into the real thing! Quite clever really, when you think about it!
 
I was able to get myself up and dressed and Hubbie got me to the quick care. Any sudden movement of my head sets the vertigo off. He said he didn't see any fluids in my ears but the left ear drum was a little retracted so there may be some fluid backed up in there. He gave me a decongestant, something for dizziness and nausea.

I asked him about the Epley Manuever but he wasn't comfortable doing it. Since I have had it done in the past and you can see Utube of how to do it I had my husband help me with it when we got home. If indeed it is benign positional vertigo then you have positive nastagmus (uncontrolled eye movement) when you do this. He said I had crazy eye movement. It makes you crazy dizzy to do it but hopefully this will help. I may have to do it a few times. I've got to get over this and get on with the business of this knee, aka Beelzebub! I wonder if she would behave better if I changed her name to something nicer??:rotfl:
 
Start calling her Daisy or Petunia and see if that helps.

I'm so sorry about the vertigo. Any chance maybe a chiro can help with the maneuver?
 
Becky, I am sorry to read about your vertigo. You certainly don't need that added to your recovery and stress of waiting for the baby. I understand the frustration and discomfort ( to put it mildly) that you have. I have meniere's in my left ear with accompanying hearing loss, tinnitus and have had episodes of severe vertigo, nausea to milder dizziness. I occasionally will have dizziness and be off balance but not as often. So I do empathize . I continue to follow your postings. I am now two days away from the RTKR on Louise . Thelma has finally become more friendly but wonder how she will be when she has to take up the slack for Louise.
I had a total meltdown today touched off by frustration over a non working tablet that has to be replaced. It was just the final straw of built up stress and anxiety; couldn't stop crying. But it needed to come out and feel much better. Better it happen at home than in the surgery waiting area! You try to be so stoic and in control and one day that wall comes down and you realize how vulnerable you are. But then you move on. I'll keep you in my prayers that this hurdle passes so you can enjoy the baby. Hang in.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom