MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Sorry to read about your vertigo, must be a nightmare on top of everything else, just love your name for your knee tho' sums it up nicely:smile2:
 
:happydance:Catching up with everything you have had to deal with! My heart aches for you as I know how difficult it is!
I take Tramadol opposite Hydrocodone. I started out 100mg Tramadol and 7.5 Norco but have dropped to Norco 5 mg and Tramadol 50 mg with 250-500 Tylenol. That keeps me on the edge of comfortable but there is always aching.
Is your vertigo allergy induced? My daughter gets this and has to take steroids to get relief! I hope you get it sorted soon!
Sounds like grand daughter will be here soon! If your daughter doesn't mind, share pictures when she gets here!
Always thinking of you! Hang in there my friend! :hi:
 
@Jennszoo, I like your idea of Petunia. Maybe if I was kinder she would react better than Beelzebub!

@bkish I do like the Thelma and Louise theme! I can't imagine living with Meniere's. I feel so out of control when dizzy! Surgery tomorrow! Please don't let my posts discourage you. I've just had a hard time and a lot of that is due to my unrealistic expections of what I should be able to do. You can't look at the big picture, take it one day at a time! I'll be following your recovery!

Thanks @knit2tog and glad you like her name @Lilli215!

@LindaO, thanks for the tip. I will try that and see if it works. I still need to get a Trammadol script yet....He wasn't eager to do that. Strange he would hand out narcotics but tell me Trammadol wouldn't help! I will be sure to post baby pictures! I'm excited but yet fearful that I'm not far enough along to be what I want to be in that delivery! Thanks for all your encouragement. How are you?? You are back working now, correct? How is it going?
 
(((Becky))) I'm in favor of a nicer name, but not too nice yet. Just something that would be a slight upgrade from Beelzebub. Shouldn't be too difficult.:snork:

My husband had a sudden onset of vertigo a few years ago and I thought he was having a stroke. I rushed him to the ER where everything under the sun was ruled out, but no one offered to perform that maneuver. They did give him a Rx for something I believe was called Meclizine. It worked and very fast! He seemed to return to as *normal* as he ever is within about 4-6 hours. He does, of course, have rocks in head, so the bar is a bit low.:SUNsmile: That said, he has not had a repeat performance and I hope he never does. :fingersx:

Since you've had success with the Epley maneuver in the past, can you go back to the same person and have it done again? If not, can you get a RX from your own PCP for Meclizine?

Crossing all digits that you will be ready for the arrival of Baby Harper! :angel:
 
Good morning, I am getting ready to go to PT but wondering is there anyone out there that did staged knees around 10 weeks apart? I know there are several that are in the early process of recovering As I am but I am looking for someone further along in recovery.

My first knee was March 22 and the right on June 5, five weeks ago. I am really struggling with this second knee and wanted to talk with someone who did the same. Thanks. :what:
 
This is my gratitude list for today. I wish I could remember who first told me she was keeping a journel. She said when she was having a really bad day she made a gratitude list.

1. I'm thanking that my youngest daughter will have her first baby (Harper) any day, she's due Wed.
2. I'm thankful that my husband remains patient with me no matter how crazy my emotions are.
3. I'm thankful that I have 4 really loving daughters and 8 almost 9 grandchildren.
4. I'm thankful that my bed is extra comfortable and is adjustable.
5. I'm thankful that my first knee is doing relatively good, with some minimal pain and stiffness.
6. I'm trying hard to be thankful that I did go ahead with the right knee even though she isn't progressing well at all. I'm trying to remember that in the end I will be glad...I hope and pray...

I'm sharing this because I can't see through the dark clouds this day has brought. I want to click my red shoes together and instead of saying there's no place like home I will say, I will get better, I will get better, I will get better! If only it were that simple!:beg::tiredwheel: AKA I want off this merry go round....
 
Thank you for showing us that even though things are bad, there are a lot of things that are good, too! :console2:
 
We'll all click our heels with you Becky - "You will get better . . . " You've had a rough go of it this time around and I wish for you less pain, more sleep, fewer awful complications like vertigo, and better days from here on forward. :console2:
 
I know you are feeling your second TKR isn't doing well, Becky, but honestly I think it is going to be OK. You had a relatively easy recovery with your first TKR and that has set you up for expecting the same with the second knee. No matter how often we tell people not to compare knees, it does happen.

Your right TKR is following a normal path and it's going to recover well. It's just taking a slower path than the first one did.

It's hard for you, because you seem to have been recovering for ever, so I do understand that you are feeling short of patience. Just hang in there - it's going to be worth it, because you will end up with two good knees.
 
(((Becky))) I'm thankful for the miracle of modern medicine that helps us get through these very dark knee days. Better living through Chemistry!

I'm thankful for finding the good people here at Bonesmart who do exactly the same without causing constipation!

I'm thankful I no longer seem to need the Ruby Slippers. However, what size do you wear? I'll order some for you! I have a contact in Kansas.:wink:
 
Becky, I love your perspective. We should meet up next time you're in Atlanta. Compare scars like old war heroes.
 
I read your comments in Pheebs thread and I am saddened to hear you are having a rough day. Finding the good when there seems to be only bad is a great way to reframe my thinking and I try to do it too when things get rough. I continue to send healing prayers your way.
 
Becky, I was out of town this weekend and just got caught up. I am so sorry about the vertigo. When that happened to me a few weeks ago, it was horrible. I lost a week of my life trying to get over it. The Kelley maneuver did work, but I ended up having to sit up for 48 hours to avoid the dizziness coming back, which is what happened after the first try when I sat up just a few hours. I have been sleeping somewhat inclined on 2 pillows ever since. I never want that to happen again, and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I certainly hope you are better now, and I hope your day today got better as well.
 
When I had vertigo issues about 15 years ago my PCP prescribed something. I just can't remember what it was.
 
@KarriB It may have been Antivert. That's the typical prescription. When I had the vertigo the Antivert just made me sleep so I didn't feel the effects. Didn't really cure the vertigo. It finally went away on its own but it was an awful time.
 
Did you know that the vertigo caused by the crystals getting stuck in the miniscule little hairs of the Eustachian tube or rather the cochlea... can 't remember exactly...has a funny syndrome name among ENT docs?
It's called 'hairdresser's syndrome' because some docs noticed many women were coming to them with dizzy spells after having been to the hairdressers and leaning their head all the way back in a way they normally would not do.
In past times they would recommend yoga until a few docs thought up the Epley maneuver. SO:
There's a different kind of bone trivia for ya. In this case about the inner ear "bones".
:rotfl:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom