MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Then I believe the bathroom heel sliders are established. @Celle is our Founding Mother as she has been doing this since 2000. No longer to you have to heel slide in the bathroom in secret. I'm sure that @SusieShoes or @Pheebs52 would have a much better name than "bathroom heel sliders"! If you've never tried it today is the day to start!

Oh Lordy, can you tell I haven't worked since March?:rotfl::spin:
 
Good name @Pheebs52, it gets the point across.

I have mentioned to a few people that I have been using Utube hypnosis to help me with sleep. Sometimes, actually often, I can take all my meds and go to bed and everything comes alive in the way of pain. There is no way I'm going to sleep. I have an app called Calm on my phone that has "bedtime stories " on it that sometimes worked for me. I started googling some things and came across the Utube channels. The main one I use are from Michael Sealey, Sleep Hypnosis for pain management. I have had pain between a 6-7 range that I have been able to get to a 0-1 range listening to this before he puts me to sleep. I don't know what all he says because I have never stayed awake for the entire time which is 58 minutes. He has numerous tapes ( they aren't tapes, not sure proper terminology for Utube) to choose from. If you have trouble with pain or insomnia this might help. I have found you do have to be in a totally quiet environment and focus are what you hearing for this to help.:tiredwheel::sleeep::yawn:
 
I'm going to try it for my ankle/foot pain. I'm tired of taking pills and I have a bad time sleeping. Thanks for the tip.
 
Becky, I'm going to have to Google those utube hypnosis programs! The pain management is really impressive when stated in those numbers; wow! When I gave them a nod (see what I did?) earlier , I just thought you meant surfing through YouTube and then finding yourself asleep....duh! Thanks for the info!

SusieShoes, ...does the Slider Bowl winner hafta clean it? If so, I'll forfeit the honor!:snork:
 
Measuring on the tiles is really all you need, because function is more important than the numbers. It's good to be able to see you're making progress, though.
 
Count me in as a member of the Throne Sliders! Thank you for the rec for the YouTube hypnosis. I will check it out tonight. :sleeep:
 
I'm seeing t-shirts with "proud member of the Throne sliders" and what could be a pretty fun logo! Or perhaps we should start a rock band called the Throne Sliders?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
IowaNana, l vote for T-shirts! Perhaps a screen printed version with a lovely, antique chamber pot and the logo? The Rock Band isn't a bad idea either and I've always wanted to play electric guitar, hahaha!
 
How lovely that you and your daughters are all close.! Consider yourself lucky too. I love my one and only daughter, but we are not close. It may change. I hope so.
Your knee looks mighty swollen to me but if you managed to increase ROM, congratulations!
Re: repetitive days: oh yeah! Just this morning I told DH when he asked me how I felt:" same as usual: sausage leg with tight bandage on."
BTW his day is July 12. A good day.:)
 
@VW54, I feel I am fortunate that we are close but I know so many families that aren't. I pray that it will change for you and your daughter. I have two posted pictures of this right knee. One was maybe over a week ago and it had kinesic tape on it, that's when it was huge. The one I posted the other day is swollen, but not near as much as before. I was thankful that my flexion did increase even though with that swelling. It's discouraging though because there is so far to go and sometimes it feels like I am going to be like this forever. Is your husband having his knee one July 12? I wasn't sure if that was what you meant.

It is literally pouring rain out there. I want to go to PT about as much as I would like to jump in a freezing shower this morning! I don't walk fast enough to not get soaked, it's gonna be a curly hair day today!


During the night my lower back with sciatic pain hurt so much worse than my knee did. I'm considering going to a chiropractor. Has anyone gone to one with good results? Thoughts?
 
Hehe...no, it'll be his 65th birthday. Today is his last day of work as a teacher at a technical college. So many things to celebrate. My 1 month kneeversary too. (My first sip of wine in a month)
Cheers! (We need a wine glass raising smiley here.)
 
Aw, Becky, what a crummy day to have to head out to PT; pfft! Rain always makes me want to stay indoors....fear of melting perhaps? I wouldn't thrive in Seattle, lol.

How about a visit to your massage therapist for your back? Has that helped at all? Personally, I've had bad experiences with chiropractors, but I know many people swear by them. I think a lot depends on the particular Chiro, and more importantly, the nature of your back issues. You and I have the same back problems, so take that for what it's worth.

Are you still using a walker? If so, have you tried switching to 2 crutches? That's what helped my back more than anything. The walker was killer for me.
 
:martini: looks like a martini glass, but perhaps can work for a glass of wine?
 
Morning @Pheebs52! I'm tempted to have a glass of wine, although I try not to mix wine with drugs! I have a 1p appointment with the neuro massage therapist and hoping to get relief but it just seems like nothing holds it and I'm right back to pain with sciatica. I'm using a cane now instead of the walker. My doc didn't use crutches, walker to cane, not sure why.
 
@Pheebs52 "Throne Sliders" is a great name and made me laugh out loud! I have been a closet throne slider for months too and am happy to come out of the throne slider closet and join the group!

@becitu I'm so sorry about the pain you got at PT but that 30 degree increase had to be such an amazing boost! Way to go!

I have to say that after I was off all my pain meds I had a nice glass of red wine and savored every sip. Maybe some cranberry juice in a wine glass for now :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hmm, do you own crutches? Here's why I ask: My back pain/sciatica is all on one side, the right. Unfortunately, my TKR is on the left, which means the cane must be held on the right. As a result, I find myself leaning ever so slightly, but just enough to really aggravate everything on my right side. With two crutches (or two canes) the leaning syndrome is alleviated and so is my back. I feel posture makes a huge difference. Worth a try?

I'm not recommending this, but I admit to having just one glass of wine despite meds on two occasions. I'm still breathing. :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom