Guest viewing is limited

MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

I'm hoping the doc gives you something that works great!
 
@Jennszoo, thanks, hoping for that too. Please don't be afraid to read my posts, knee sister! Sometimes it's just crazy and the knee has to do it's own thing. You are going to do great!
 
:giggle: Hi everyone. I wanted to give my Dr update :gaah:. I got all ready, my daughter came to get me with her two toddlers. We drove across town, walked a long distance to the office. My hospital is a university, teaching hospital so there is no quick way in or out. The waiting room only had two people in it!!! That's amazing because it's always a couple hour wait. I go to sign in and she tells me that I'm not scheduled today.... it is next Tuesday. Oh well, I got quite a walk in! I'm back home, icing and elevating and catching up on bone smart!

I'll have to wait till then to talk with him on pain relief. I am also attaching two pictures. These were both taken on day 11 of recovery. This just shows the difference between how knees can behave. The left knee did pretty good. The right knee came out more swollen and more painful from day one. (Kind of like our children) The taping is called kinesiology taping and it is to help with swelling. My back has given me problems with both knees and so there is a lot of nerve pain shooting down my legs. When I stop and really analyze my pain a lot of the time it isn't just knee but combine that with the back and I guess that is when it feels overwhelming.

I'm hoping nobody else had one of those crazy days!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5098.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 262
  • [Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
    IMG_5401.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 253
Wow! Just goes to show we can't even compare our own knees let alone compare ours with anybody else's. Lesson learned.

That's awful about the wasted trip :-( Hope you are able to get your pain controlled.
 
I'm sorry you had a wasted journey - but it did give you a change of scenery . :heehee:

Yes, I can see that your right knee is more swollen. It probably needed more work during surgery. However, it's going to do all right in the end, but could just take the journey more slowly.
 
That's a crazy difference. I never really had any visible swelling. Just the tight balloon feeling so I know it's swelling inside. That's gotta be so uncomfortable. I'm sorry for your wasted trip.
 
Oh betticu. I'm so sorry you had a wasted trip. The difference in the knees are amazing. I am praying that you get some relief soon. Unfortunately I became too nauseous to continue with the pain meds and had to come off of everything except tylenol on day 9. Our bodies are amazing and adaptable. My pain has been pretty well controlled with just the tylenol so I'm sure things will get easier for you once the swelling starts going down. I understand now from an earlier post when you said it hurt to lay the ice on it. You are a trooper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
awww too bad about the mix up. silver lining is maybe you will sleep well tonight. hoping you'll get a bit better each day and you'll get the pain under control.:console2:
 
You can certainly see the difference in the knee swelling. I bet your doc had to do a lot more work inside that one. Your body is still down from your previous surgery, too, so rest as much as you can.

Too bad about your wasted trip. At least you got out of the house. I always say that things happen for a reason!
 
Oh @becticu, no wonder your poor knee hurts so much this time. :scaredycat:The contrast between the two knees is astonishing. What a drag to have made the trip for naught today, especially since you were hoping for a pain control solution; pffft! I really hope things will improve a bit very soon!
 
I just feel so terrible for you Becky!! Can't you talk to your doctor on the phone and explain your situation? I called mine 3 weeks ago and told him I needed more meds. All I had to do was go to his office and pick up the paper script and take it to my pharmacy. No one should be in pain; there must be a solution. Waiting until next week is unacceptable!
 
Oh my! Bless you for having such a positive attitude with such swelling going on! I wish there was a magic answer for you but we are all thinking of you and praying you get relief soon!
 
How are you doing? Have not heard from you since last Saturday. Please check in, we care!:loveshwr:
 
Hi everyone. I had a good weekend, although a rough one. My youngest daughter is expecting her first baby and this weekend was the baby shower. I really didn't have to do anything except be there. My other daughters took care of everything, I provided the funding and the glassware! However it was about a 30 minute drive to the shower from my house. Riding in the car is difficult with little flexion. I rode in the back seat, went straight in and got in a chair where I could elevate and even iced. The hours took a toil as I was so exhausted. However my swelling is down just a little from the picture I posted on Friday.

I had PT today and of course the knee doesn't bend. I love my therapist, she works and massages the muscles and it does loosen the knee up a bit. She doesn't measure me at all at this point, probably because she knows I would cry!

I see the OS PA tomorrow at 11. I made sure of my appointment this time do I won't be making that trip again for nothing! I am hoping they can tell me what exactly went on with the knee during surgery and why this one is so much more painful and barely any flexion.

Can anyone tell me of good success with the Tramadol regimen that has been posted on here? I'm showing it to her tomorrow and hoping it might work for me. Some of you may remember the Percocet made me an emotional mess and I wasn't going to take it this time. They gave me hydrocodone instead and that didn't even touch the pain. I ended up going back on the Percocet for pain. Every few days I have tried to switch back to the hydrocodone to see if that will relieve the pain but it hasn't. I've even tried going to just Tylenol arthritis but didn't help at all. I think 14 days post op that I will still require stronger pain meds. So when I talked about not having pain control it wasn't that I didn't have drugs,I just have been trying to do it without Percocet. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I just know that I'm about at the end of my rope with how Percocet makes me feel.

Today is my wedding anniversary, 41 years! I went to PT to celebrate, not!! My hubby cooked tonight and we watched a movie and decided we would celebrate later when I'm feeling better. I just need to remember last year when we celebrated our 40th in Jamaica for a week. Here's to being able to do things again!!:yes!:
 
i took dilaudid (hydromorphone) after my ovarian cancer surgeries 10 years ago and it helped with the pain; i don't remember the side effects, other than the same i had this time with percocet: nausea, constipation. maybe you could handle it better than i did. as of today i'm back on Celebrex to help with the inflammation. i have read here on this site that many have used Tramadol with success. hoping your surgeon can help you get through this. congratulations on your 41st wedding anniversary ~ you will definitely have to have a belated special celebration.:flwrysmile:
 
@becticu, wow, you did have a busy, exciting, but tiring weekend! Glad to hear you were able to ice and elevate at the baby shower; phew! The car is really rough for a knee lacking in flexion; arrggh! You did well to manage the 30 minutes each way.

I know I've seen plenty of success stories here with Tramadol in combination with Tylenol, but each does seem to indicate it is a less effective pain med than Percocet. That said, you may find it a fair trade off to have less weepiness and other issues but a bit more pain; it's a tough call. In your shoes, I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. I can see why you find Hydrocodone useless because I feel the same way. I hope you'll get some brilliant answers tomorrow so you can really settle in to the business of healing. Hoping for the best!:SUNsmile:

.
 
P.S.: I also *celebrated* my wedding anniversary with some PT, ice and elevation, lol. We seem to have quite a few June brides here! Hubby says we'll make up for it in the fall.:flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom