TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had your thread open in my browser all day wanting to come back and tell you how happy I am that your scope didn't turn up anything. But, I understand your frustration because you're right back where you were before the test not knowing what is causing your sudden nausea. I was going to suggest acid reflux but you said they told you your esophagus looked good. I went through a similar thing back when I was 29 and was finally diagnosed with a hiatal hernia causing acid reflux. I don't know why it made me nauseous but it sure did. Since then I've had to take acid reducers which keeps it under control.

I'm sorry to now read you are anemic. Blah! Have you been super tired? I constantly felt like I was operating on my very last ounce of energy but it's getting better now. If you have to take iron be prepared to deal with the constipation. Wow! It has been way worse than any pain medicine I ever took. That little tiny iron pill once a day can sure stop up the plumbing. I hope you get to feeling better soon and get to the bottom of your problems. (((hugs)))
 
Well, all I've eaten today is a pack of Ramen noodles here at my desk. Guess I could start my diary with that. I haven't had an "episode" with the burning and nausea since Tuesday, November 25, but I have had 5 or 6 of them over the last year. It's not constant, but every time is exactly the same. It starts burning right above my belly button, then I start throwing up. It lasts for several hours, then I feel fine.
 
Yes, @gr82cu2 Janet, I know they are made for starving college students, but I keep them in my desk for a quick lunch now and then (or more). I actually like them. Crazy, I know. :shrug:
 
@ConnieJOS. I had ramen noodles last week. When I was feeling so bad with the sinus infection, we were out of soup and we have ramen noodles for our grand children. As you said they are convenient and quick. But they are not very healthy without protein.lol our knees need protein for optimal healing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are ramen noodles in a pot and you pour boiling water into them to rehydrate? If so we call them "pot noodles" over here. :)
 
@Minnie's knees mine says it has 5 grams of protein. Not a lot, but at least there is a little there. @SuperSnapper Ramen noodles come in a plastic package shaped like about a 4 inch block, about 1 inch thick. They are dried, curly noodles. They come with a little packet of seasoning. You just boil them in water about three minutes and stir the seasoning in. Some people say they are horrible for your health, but actually there are several nutrients listed on the label. I guess anything in moderation. I always keep them in my desk at work for days when I don't bring my lunch and don't really have time to go out and get something.
 
I'm feeling pretty good about my hips and knees today! My future daughter in law graduated from college yesterday. The graduation was in a large arena. I was able to walk from the parking garage, into the arena, and took the stairs to our seats. Then we all went out for lunch, and yesterday evening my husband and I met some friends for dinner. I did the whole day with very little discomfort from my knees. I wasn't sure I could handle it, but it all worked out great. I did take my cane, which I rarely use any more, but it was quite a bit of walking, so it helped.
 
@ConnieJOS sounds like you are doing great! Sometimes that cane is a good idea just to keep people from bumping you. Keep up the great work!
 
@ConnieJOS I learned something as didn't realize ramen noodles have any protein. Congrats on your last couple of days. Awesome that your knees handled it so well. I use my cane when out and about just in case and as @tiredwife said it makes others more aware and hopefully more careful.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
Hi @Minnie's knees ! I hope you are feeling well today! I just noticed the 5 grams of protein in my ramen noodles is only for half the pack. The whole pack is 10 grams. That's a little better!
 
@ConnieJOS Oh my goodness. ... Top Ramen. . .that takes me back to college and all the ways we had to change them up!! Same with boxed Mac and cheese. . . 10 boxes for a $1.00 on sale. . . Ramen was the same $ and sometimes better!!

I am so far from those days now. :scaredycat:

Try tuna salad with crackers- that is easy to fix and you can keep the fixings on hand at work, too. Ritz crackers are the best!
 
It's a little slow at work today, so I walked to the back of my warehouse, then walked up and down every row. I don't know how far that is, and I didn't keep track of my time, but one thing I noticed is that it didn't hurt my joints at all. The main thing was that I felt a burn in the muscles at the outside of my hips. I'm sure that's just because I haven't walked much for so long! I just need to build up. It's all good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom