TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ConnieJOS, your knees look great. Looking at them I can see how much they are bending......I know I just can't get it out of my head......I am jealous....but happy for you at the same time.:reindeer:
 
@ConnieJOS Those are some nice knees!! And I am with you on the sore hip thing. It is amazing how we've all been compensating for so long - now that we have better knee joint(s), we'll find out where our weaknesses are!!

Did you get new shoes? I noticed right away that my old ones wouldn't work with my new and improved left knee. My stride is stronger, longer, and all that. I got ASICS GT 2000. My PT recommended them!
 
Yep. I just bought a new pair of Skechers for that very reason, @Ollie! My left leg leaned in so much my old shoes are all stretched out on the inside. @Yorkimom I'm so sorry your ROM has been so hard to get. I just got really lucky on that! But it's how I got my Queen of ROM title! Except I've also been called Gumby because of it. :heehee:
 
I shouldn't brag, but oh heck yes I'm bragging. I really can bend my legs! This view is of the right one, the most recent. My legs look hairy in this shot though. What's up with that? They really are not. Must be the lighting. :rotfl:

[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
 
@ConnieJOS, :wowspring:your bending is absolutely awesome!! You really do deserve the Queen of ROM.
I'm happy with the ROM of my first knee and even that can't compare with yours. Way to go:santaclap:
 
@Yorkimom I know that ROM can continue to improve for a long time. I've heard many reports of it. That too is nothing that I did. I had more than 120 the day after surgery with both knees. And my legs are short and stocky. You'd think they wouldn't want to bend at all. I dunno, maybe my surgeon is a miracle worker or something! :angel:
 
@ConnieJOS, you're right that ROM can I prov over time. I went to my OS today (I wrote about it in my thread) but the bottom line was he said for me to keep exercising and it might take me a while but it will improve over time. Big difference from some doctors who are stuck on the "window" that you have to get it right away. I love my OS! He's top rated in our area and he is as nice as he is good.
 
Holy cow! You are one flexible hot mama! Are your knees still stiff feeling though or has that gone away too? How is your self guided home PT going? My left still feels stiff but bends pretty well and causes very little pain now. But then, it's had a nice break while recovering the right one so I have no idea how much stress it could stand up to now.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, the really tight band feeling is mostly gone in both of them. They do feel very stiff if I sit too long and I just have to stretch them out. I never use my ice packs any more and don't take any pain meds. But as for PT, I'm probably not doing enough. I do the regular heel slides and leg lifts and stuff they gave me at the hospital, and I've added some ankle weights. But on days I'm on my feet a lot at work or just out running around I just don't do them. If my legs feel tired I figure I've done enough just doing "life" stuff. I am practicing doing stairs big girl style. That's about it.
 
@ConnieJOS your knees look great! And your ROM is awesome! You certainly deserve to be queen of ROM. Glad your recovery has gone so well.
 
@ConnieJOS
I'm sorry to hear (via gr82cu2) that your husband is having problems with his leg. Prayers and best wishes for a full recovery for him.
 
@ConnieJOS, sending prayers, good thoughts and hugs that Melvin makes a speedy recovery.
 
Hey all. Sending prayers and recovery. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Oh @ConnieJOS

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I'm thinking about you both x God bless you x x x

I hope all,goes ok for your both x x x x
 
Hello everyone! I haven't posted for quite some time, so I wanted to give a quick update.

I appreciate your prayers and concern about my husband, Melvin. He had a close call with his vascular problems just before New Years Day, and two doctors said they would have to amputate his leg. A third doctor, however, was a Godsend and was able to open up his artery and get the blood flowing again. It was three hours in the OR and he got three new stents in his leg, but it save his leg and we are so thankful.

My knees and hips are doing quite well. I have little, if any, pain. Still some weakness and stiffness at times, but it's getting better all the time.

I'm sorry I was out of touch for so long. I will check in and update my thread, so please stop by and drop me a note any time. I hope everyone is doing well.

(((Hugs to all)))!!!!
 
Thanks so much for coming back and updating us as to how you are doing and how things are going!

That is a great report---please drop in from time to time and let us know what is going on---you help those who are in the depths of recovery by showing them that there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel!

I am sorry to read of your husband;s issues with his leg---but very happy to read that the leg was saved at that he is now on the mend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom