TKR My Journey

@sistersinhim I never had a date for the revision. And yes, he wants to be 100% certain it is necessary and that the other component is secure. I respect his conservative approach and trust him completely.
 
Oh, that's right. Hopefully, everything will come out the way you want it to and you can get this over with.
 
My bone scan is scheduled for January 18.
 
@FourCats Sending up a prayer that the scan brings clarity so you know how to proceed.
 
Bone scan done this morning, follow up appointment with OS on February 8. There was a lot of bright spots in the right knee but I’m not one to speculate.
 
Thinking of you and hoping for the best.
I had good news at my outpatient appointment today- surgeon convinced my residual pain is soft tissue and will settle. But I know what uncertainty is like and also feeling rough with cough currently. It all wears you down. Just sorry you have to wait until February for results of scan and some plan.
 
I think I’d be better off without internet. I have been researching knee infections post-replacement and have totally freaked myself out.
 
Ugh!
It Is The Worst! I am sorry you freaked yourself out, most of us can relate, sadly, but thankfully things most often aren't worst case scenario. It reminds me of the quote below

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened."Mark Twain

Try to do something you love to distract yourself from further online searches. I hope you can clear it all out of your mind and have a relaxing evening.
@FourCats

​

 
I was able to get an earlier appointment with my surgeon for tomorrow. It will be good to get the results,
 
Revision surgery is looming on the horizon and I am not feeling particularly positive about the ordeal after coming through my two replacements. At least there’s no infection to deal with; guess that’s a positive.

No date yet; nurse should be calling this week.
 
Sorry to hear that- when will you know the full details?
 
Emotions are all over the place. Anger. Discouragement. Guilt. Lonely. Overwhelmed. Doubt. Apathetic.
 
@FourCats So sorry you are facing another surgery! Never easy!
At least there’s no infection to deal with; guess that’s a positive.
But this is very good news! Please let us know when you have a surgery date.
 
:oyvey::flwrysmile: So sorry. I can understand why you are so fed up- just hope the new surgery helps.
 
I'm sorry you are facing another surgery, @FourCats. You have every right to be angry and discouraged.

But please don't feel alone. We are here to support you in any way you need. :console2:
 
The earliest i may be able to have my surgery is the end of March but it will more likely be mid May. Hospitals in my area are still catching up on elective surgeries from pandemic days. My surgeon operates two days a week in two different facilities. The March date would be at a small rural hospital but he prefers the larger facility which puts it into May. He will be deciding in the next few days if he will do it in March given he is not as familiar with the brand of prosthesis and will be having a rep from the company present in the OR to address any issues that may arise.
 
It would concern me if my surgeon wasn't familiar with the implant he'll be using. Will this be the case in May, also? If not, it might be better for you to wait until the May date. Time flies and it will be here before you know it.
 
The surgeon will have worked with the company rep on the implant choice and any unusual issues that may need to be considered. In addition, the company rep will be on hand during the procedure. I think the main issue is where the surgeon is most comfortable performing surgery. Many surgeons have select teams assisting or prefer certain areas over others.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom