TKR My Journey

@Diva68 I’m happy that it works for you. Everyone has their own opinion. You have a great PT. Some people don’t. It’s a shame.
 
Thank you for asking. Things are going well for my surgery knee. No pain other than swelling. My other knee is a different story. It’s gotten worse. My next appointment is on March 21 and I intend to ask for an X-ray. I wake up every morning with awful pain in the joint line. It’s sore all of the time. Ugh.
 
I’m just wondering how many of you have a cement-less implant? Mine has no cement. It is a press-fit by Stryker. It has anchors that will be surrounded by new bone growth.
 
I’m sorry your other knee is hurting so much and not handling helping the operated one. :console2:
 
Both my knees are cementless (different brands) and so far so good.
 
Hi Beckadeez, my TKR is cementless. (my patella button has cement) My OS did tell me the only down side of it was it tended to take longer to get rid of the aches but he likes to use it on younger people. He feels the cement is as strong as it will be right after it's put in place and he feels the natural bone is stronger for life. He told me, "When the seniors are doing circles around you at PT, don't get discouraged" lol. I'm not sure I'm a real good example for you because I believe I'm just a really slow healer with real bad swelling issues. I do believe I am getting better but I am a turtle/snail taking the very long scenic route on this recovery road. And yes, all the while, the right knee if getting worse - I'm only waiting because I would really like to use my OS, but I'm not going to use him if I don't ultimately get very close if not, pain free! :) I also may end up with cement next time if it's all the hardware that my body doesn't like. My implant has 4 screws, the little knob thingies and the spike thingie in the tibia portion and yes, my bones grew onto/around the implants.

Sounds like you're doing really well. My advice, as you get along on this healing...about this time frame... work really hard on not overdoing it. It's easy to do as you start feeling better. Listen to your knee and adjust accordingly. :)
 
@jaschembra Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. To be honest, I didn’t ask many questions before surgery, so I didn’t know it would be without cement. I have the anchors, too. I was taking Naproxen but read that it slows bone growth, so I stopped. Don’t want to do anything that could negatively impact my implant. I too have a worsening of my other knee. Want to wait until I’m more healed before thinking about having it fixed. And trust me, I’m very proficient in lazing about :heehee:
 
I have a new issue to be careful about. I have free range chickens. We have a jerk of a rooster who loves to attack my daughter and I. Leaves my hubby alone. Well, he attacked me today but didn’t injure me. I stumbled around but didn’t fall, thank goodness! I’m sore now, but my point is to be very careful when going outside, if you have roosters running free. You could fall and injure yourself. I was attacked by a different one last year and his spurs drew blood. Last thing I need is an infection.
 
We had chickens when our children were young.
We found that, once the roosters got aggressive, we had to get rid of them.

I was attacked by a rooster when I was only three. I still have the scar on my leg.
 
I'd take a stick with me and give him a good wack! Or maybe a water squirt bottle and give it to him right in the face! That's what I do when I get a cat that wants to misbehave. It doesn't hurt them except for their pride! He sounds mean.
 
I’m glad you didn’t fall and he didn’t scratch you.

Maybe he doesn’t deserve to be range free.

My husband’s grandmother was attacked by a turkey when she was a young wife/mother. They had the turkey for dinner shortly after.
 
You aren't gonna have a chicken dinner, are you?! I agree he should go.
 
I was wondering about that, but I’ve never noticed rooster meat in the grocery store. Does one eat rooster? I was just about to google it but got side tracked.
 
Back
Top Bottom