TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dogwheels all the best to you and your daughter tomorrow!

@hopefaith I so hope you have a great birthday. Your year has been tough so I wish you peace, happiness and a knee with less pain.

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
I had to laugh though, as lots of people there hadn't seen me since the TKR. One couple were going on about her 'awful' arthroscopy and his upcoming one. They asked me what a TKR was like ?! I could have had such fun with that, but behaved myself. Believe it or not she wanted a replacement to improve her tennis game! I had to bite my tongue, and politely point out that the goal was to improve intolerable pain, not performance. I think she was put off a bit when I lifted the hem of my dress and showed them the result. My scar is looking quite good now, but I don't think she realised the extent of it. Not particularly pretty dahling. Ha ha ha!
Love the scar reveal @dogwheels !
 
@DogLoverx3
Thinking of you and wishing you a very happy birthday. You so deserve it. You are a very wonderful lovely woman and I wish the best always for you!
x x x
~~hopefaith
 
@DogLoverx3 !!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday my friend :wowspring::egypdance::happydance::yay::yahoo: Have an amazing day x x x
I tried to send a virtual bouquet but it won't stay on when I post. So instead I'll send you all the very best of Birthday wishes and love in the world all my love Nana moon 27 xxxxxxx:martini: Cheers!!!! Xxxx
 
Thanks for the birthday wishes @Nana moon 27 @hopefaith and @dogwheels (and, inadvertantly, @Jozilla ) :heehee: I am well and ready to say good bye to 46 and hope to god that 47 is a better year! :eyebrows: One of the best things about last year has been 'meeting' all of you and I thank each and every one of you for being the awesome people that you are. I couldn't have made it this far without you! xoxoxoxo
 
Hi Ellen

I hope you're having a great time. Our posts crossed (nothing new there eh!!!). What are you up to? (Dare I ask?) :heehee:

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
I am so mixed up!!! Happy birthday @DogLoverx3. I am thinking I need a lobotomy when I have my tkr. You are a baby - so young! I wish you a very special day and hope this year is good for you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Hi there, it has been many months since i have been on here . Wish you a very happy Birthday, glad i did not miss it.
I have been doing real well lots of traveling to watch the Arizona RAttlers this season with zero pain at all. The surgery has been a god send to me. I am like you almost exactly 8 months post surgery. The problems i had with bend in the knee really resolved it self wtih i quit abusing the knee with the daily PT. i am up to 130 having got off of pt at 105 i have made a lot of progess in the last 5 months just by not exercising. Oh i walk and do light bending but it is really not an issue any longer. I remember so well the problems i had and thought about the MUA. Everything that the people on this site taught me were 100 percent correct.

I hope your rehab has gone better than it was last time i was here. I am going to go back and see some of your old posts over the last 4 or 5 months. be well and Happy Happy. the heat of the summer here in Arizona will soon be a memory till next year. your friend Bill
 
Hi Ellen, I went back and read a lot but not all of the past 5 or 6 months. I am so so sorry that you are still having problems and almost feel bad that i am not. I am on your side and will start checking in more often so that i can keep track of what is going on. I am as always on your team and apologize for not being here for you for so many months. I know of course that you surely had lots of support. Hand in there and please never give up. Where there is life there is hope. bill
 
Hi @fiftydollarbill So good to hear from you and that you are doing so well! I am like you very happy with my tkr. I also did very little PT. only went six times. I will be having my other knee done in September. Not looking forward to recovery but am looking forward to no more arthritis pain. Take care. Stop by again - it's great hearing success stories too!!
 
Thanks i am very fortunate. I am a firm proponent of less real pt. I think if i would have done maybe six sessions like you i would have recovered faster. The 12 weeks of PT i did do was much too much and i think damaged my knee more, but due to you guys i quit and rested and iced and elevated and succeeded. Thank god for Bone smarties
 
@DogLoverx3 ... From what I have read in the last couple of pages, it was your birthday. I know it's late, but I do truly hope you had a wonderful weekend to celebrate.
I am actually getting in touch with you because of your Achilles tendonitis. I was in touch ages ago I think, because of our name, but gradually dropped off the site. However I need it again now as second TKR is on Thursday.
However, it is the same leg as the one I have Achilles tendonosis (that's what they are calling it. I don't know if there is a difference). It is so painful as you would well know if you have the same problem. I read on Lyn's post that you find your knee reacts badly when your Achilles is playing up. Do you think it will make the TKR recovery harder with the Achilles being so painful and such a problem. It is so hard to walk on it. I had it to a milder degree with the first TKR, but found that the first few weeks of taking pain meds muted that pain too, but once I was up and about more, back it came with a vengeance. The doctor says it is simply the inflammation, which is quite extensive, but I take high blood pressure meds and a diuretic and am unable to take anti-inflammatories as well.
That's enough whinging on your thread I think.
I am hoping that your problems start to iron themselves out. Take Care ... Ellen
 
Hi Ellen ... it's me again - Ellen. I just had a horrible thought - have I mixed you up with @dogwheels with the Achilles problems? If I have I apologise and blame Old Timer's entirely

I have caught up on a bit more of hour thread, and life, between the last post and this one, and am more sorry for your pain and discomfort. I can't believe the dumping by text. All this technology just makes it easier to be cowardly I think. You are so giving to actually feel "sorry" for him. You are such a baby compared to me. I am on my own too, but had a really bad experience on an online dating site (got in with one of those Nigerian scams), so don't bother any more. It was a horrible thing to happen, but at least it was only my emotions that got taken for a ride. When I googled Nigerian on-line dating scams, I could not believe the number of women who have lost large amount of money to some of these scams. I guess that is one advantage of not having any. :heehee:

So now that I know a little more, I really hope your birthday weekend was a great one for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom