TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, am I the only one that is having a hard time with this new design? No offense to anyone as I'm sure it has it's merits, but I miss the old site where I could see information about the posters off to the left. I have a hard time navigating this one and I find the list of threads more difficult to read and discern - I miss the lines between the thread titles. The new one is a much 'cleaner' look.... guess I like it more cluttered :wink:
 
@Phil75070 thank you so much. I, too, don't care for the new look. I've migrated over from the hipster side as I'm headed to TKR soon. @DogLoverx3 I'm slowly catching up on your thread. Thanks for sharing!
 
Hi @PuppyLove ! LOVE your avatar!! Whew, good luck mucking thru my thread. ;-) My pleasure for sharing. If all that I've gone thru helps just one person, then it's all been worth it. Keep in mind that my recovery has been on the slow end. I'm getting there, certainly, just taking the 'scenic' route. ;-)
 
Sorry the rain is messing with your stay-cation - how about load an extra bag with red wine, great cheese and a tarot deck and take turns making up the most outrageous futures for each other as you can? I hope the clear forecast for monday sticks around!
 
Thanks @TexasTee , I made a phone call ('cause I'm important like that :wink:) and the forecast now says that rains should be over with by 9am tomorrow and the sun should be out, at least partially, by 11am. If, by chance, that doesn't happen, then yes, it will be a fun day filled of cocktails, wine, gossip, munchies and probably more cocktails. Funny you said about making up futures - one of my friends gets 'read' all the time. Tarrot cards, fortune tellers, aura readings. I think she actually had her toes read last night. No, that was not a typo. I'm wondering at what point getting so many fortunes told comes back to bite you in the tush? :scratch:

:-) Monday is pretty guaranteed to be a nice one, so it's all good either way.
 
@Doglover. Still trying to catch up on all your posts. If course they put a smile on my face. One word of caution with lyrica I was on that drug for pain and the side effects were horrendous. If i could have driven off a bridge I think i would have. A friend who was also on drug had similar side effects a lot of psychotic urges. Maybe you can find another drug. Or it could work for you. I used to take epidural injections for sciatica and helped my whole side ( before tkr)
Had 3 which was limit for the year
Hope you're feeling better and have a great girls stacation great idea especially the cocktail hour
Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Doglover. Went way back on your posts my brother who has a reverse shoulder replacement and still acting like he went to war developed rsd after surgery. His dr said can lay dormant and when go thru a surgical trauma it can become more prominent. He is taking lyrica has no problem with it but weight gain. Even though he lost 20 lbs from his recoup since April he gained 10. Hope this clears up some of the things I mentioned before I put my 2cents in

❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I don't know how to find people and who has posted. And where do,I find alerts?
~~hopefaith


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, that's so much better, I've gone back to version 2 -thanks to @Phil75070 and it's like coming home, I can find things now.
I enjoyed reading the horoscope, but I'm a bit concerned about making a journey on my own, I have no sense of direction at all, can I at least have a sat nav?
I hope you are enjoying your staycation with friends and that the rain has gone away, it sounds great fun.
All the best for Tuesday, fingers crossed for you that it works. Is twilight like the happy juice I was given when I had the spinal for my TKR? I was away with the fairies and didn't know a thing, I think it might have been a needle, but it don't even remember that part, it could have been a drink. I will be thinking of you xx
 
Lower right hand corner, where it says version 3.0, click and you can choose v. 2.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Ellejay , @Pumpkln , @hopefaith , @Phil75070 , @TexasTee , @susanne , @dogwheels , @Nana moon 27, @71Beetle and all else. Oh good, I have something to blame my ridiculous weight gain on. Thanks for that Susanne! ;-) I'm not taking Lyrica, but it's sister drug Gabapentin. Luckily I haven't gotten any of the side effects aside from the weight and it seemingly throwing off my balance a bit and not allowing me to sleep (opposite of it supposedly making you tired). It has been helping with my horrid nerve pain, but I swear, it knows I'm second guessing that procedure on Tuesday and hasn't been helping much at all. Feels like my knee is either on fire or being constantly shocked the past 2 days. Boo.

I'm still really scared about Tuesday but know that I have to at least try it.

I am off to start my 'staycation' with my girlfriends so will be offline for a couple of days, but I'll be thinking of everyone! I hope everyone's sunday brings them lots of smiles, good thoughts and NO knee pain! xoxoxoxo

(oh, and yes, using the old format 2.0 is like coming home but my patience for loading pages is pretty much nil)
 
Hope you are having an amazing time - great that you have a fun day planned before tomorrow. This is gonna work, it's time for Richard to behave like Sir Richard rather than Dick!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - missed loads of pages on your thread as I just don't have the patience to wait and wait and wait .........
Wanted to wish you well for the Twilight Zone tomorrow so I patiently waited and read all the latest on your thread, then went to post and Poof! the evil BS gremlin zapped the page and I was waiting yet again!
I have now resorted to my phone but my typing isn't too hot at this time of night and the predictive text doesn't predict correctly so I am keeping this short. Especially as your user name came out as Dogliver!!
Hope you enjoyed your Staycation, that new man will shower you with attention for being brave tomorrow and that it goes ok and works well.
Thinking of you with eyes, legs and fingers X'd
Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good luck tomorrow. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We will all be watching for an update! Be sure you get any post procedure instructions before hand!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom