Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sorry @DogLoverx3 I don't know how I've missed this post. I normally get an alert! I've been really concerned about you my friend.

Ellen try not to blame yourself in all of this. Other people do loads before their time and don't get this problem, so I'm not convinced that this is necessarily your fault. Thats me being completely honest. It would not surprise me if there is a medical problem and it's probably been there all along x

Please take care my lovely friend, you know where I am x x x:puppysmooze:
 
Just a thought --are you taking enough Vitamin C ? --it's vital to collagen rebuilding.
 
Ellen.....everyone has already said what I would say. DO NOT blame yourself. IT's a rollercoaster of a ride....and although I don't do rides anymore...I am here for you for this one..... xoxoxoxo
 
Thank you everyone ((hugs)). I haven't read many posts today and have tried not to 'google' anything as everything seems to ridiculously lead to cancer. ;-) My knee is hugely swollen and sore today and my mood is just as questionable. Thank you Kneeper for tagging Josephine and Orthodoc for me. Sort of strange (aka cruddy) to be left in limbo like this.

You're all very sweet and I greatly appreciate everyone's good thoughts and comments. Even when I'm feeling down, you all still make me smile. My online knee family xoxoxoxoxoxox love you guys..........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi @DogLoverx3 I don't think this is cancer, those google sites almost everything is cancer according to a lot of the rubbish that's posted out there!!! It's far more likely to be an infection. It may also explain your OS reaction. They don't like to think you may have left hospital with an undiagnosed infection.

I'm so relieved to hear from you, I was very concerned x x

I frightened myself to death some years back using google medical sites. My dog Morgan, (no longer with us :angel:) decided when I was taking her to (wait for it) dog obedience lessons, had other ideas. I had the chain wrapped around my fingers. As I opened the back door of the car to shove her in, she had other ideas and ran under the open car door dragging my arm and hand with her. She stood up once shed managed to scramble under it, bearing in mind she was a large, completely black, German shepherd cross that looked like a large black wolf!
I shrieked with the pain because my fingers were trapped under the bottom of the door the wrong way and as she stood up I thought they were being cut off. I shouted at her (poor thing didn't understand!) and I then shoved her into the car saying "you are going madam, and that is that". Cutting a long story short, after dog obedience I ended up in a&e because my fingers were so swollen, I could barely move them. They x rayed them. They discovered a lump in my middle finger bone that ended in oma. I inevitably googled it to find a site saying anything ending in oma was cancer. I was terrified. I rang my GP thank goodness he called me in and explained it to me. I had to have bone removed from my hip and they made me a new finger bone from my bit of hip that they took. All that was left of my finger bone where the lump had disintegrated it, was a piece of bone the same width as sewing needle. Therefore at any point I could have got up one day and not known what was wrong with a totally floppy finger. It was a lucky accident.

Do not believe anything you read on google unless it's a reputable proper medical website from a reliable well known source.

If you want cheering up. I'm going to post a funny story about Morgan and me on my thread x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ellen,
I just caught up with your thread, wishing you all the best, and hoping you receive your results soon.
:friends:
 
@Doglover3x. Just started rereading some of these threads and they really are hilarious. The knee replacement club is the one thing I look forward to each day it keeps me going knowing I'm not alone in my misery
With Freddy the Frenchman and my PT the torturous one it's a wonder we aren't better yet. With my new therapist his massaging feels so good that I never want to get off table.
I guess I'm the only one up here in the states. It's 11:40 pm and laying with ice on knee and heat on shoulder. So because it's so cold here the heating pad is offsetting the ice. By my first round of wake ups I'm sure I'll be sweating and everything will be thrown off
Hope you all gave good night
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I'm just so glad you come back on to chat. I just posted the really funny story about my dog in my thread. It'll cheer you up most definitely, even if only for a while xoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
The fluid he pulled out today was bright red
It rather depends what kind of red it was. There are many shades from dark brown through scarlet to pink and each one means something completely different!
all I wanted today was for an x-ray to be taken so I could see that everything was okay and could just start accepting that this may just be how it is. As I was willing to pay for it, I have no clue why he would deny me that. He acted offended and said my implant was 'perfect' so why would I think it would have changed from week one when they're made to last for decades
And he's right! Your problem is a soft tissue one and nothing whatever to do with the implants. If there was anything wrong with them it certainly wouldn't be responsible for coloured aspirate. And the swelling is a much more crucial symptom.

There are actually a couple of conditions that come to mind as possibilities:
Synovial Chondromatosis of the knee
PVNS: Pigmented villonodular synovitis
 
Hi everyone here on this thread, what a fun thread you are. I had my BTKR Jan 23 same month as some of you so good to join a group I have things in common with. I am doing better and feel I have improved when it comes to pain, taking less pain meds now and thinking better. Started outpatient pt, so far so good. Have not been out on many errands by myself and want to start doing that a little. Would also like to know if any of you are dealing with stairs in your homes and have stopped using your cane or crutch to come down the stairs? I am just beginning. Thank you all and hope your recoveries continue to go well.
 
Hello @DogLoverx3 - just to let you know I've been thinking of you today.
I know its impossible not to worry until you have some answers - but only your OS can provide those, and hopefully soon. Its just a pity that he could not have given you a little more info and reassurance to help your peace of mind and confidence, while you have to wait.
There's not a lot that we can do, only listen, chat and offer a bit of moral support. Please let us do that for you as I hate to think of you worrying and getting upset on your own.
Take care, hugs and happy vibes coming your way
Love ChrisX
 
Hi @newkneesNH welcome to Nanamoon's coffee club you seem to be doing fine I am now 10 weeks going up stairs fine but coming down still difficult,if I'm out and about for a long time I still take my stick bit of a safety blanket really,hope this helps a bit keep posting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom