TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @DogLoverx3 I howled with laughter on my thread at your post, about one foot on the floor. It was hilarious thank you. Actually it's done me a power of good. My husband raised an eyebrow at how cheap he's done this for me!!!! :whistle:

Anyway, how are you today? What sort of a day have you had? How are you feeling?

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
I think you should wear a low cut top tomorrow as the frenchman's reward for cutting you such a deal on physio (or whatever sort of workout he has in mind) :heehee: That really is a an amazing deal he's offered you. I can't wait to hear what else he offers you! :angel:

Today is okay. I've been busy running errand and my knee has not enjoyed it at all. I didn't use my cane today and I've got a big ole' limp to show for it. I just put on a compression sleeve that I bought the other day. It's not neoprene so isn't totally squishing my knee, but the support makes it feel better and will hopefully help with the swelling. I do hope my swelling goes away someday soon. I certainly didn't have this surgery so I would need to continue to wear knee braces.

I've got a luncheon to do tomorrow on my own and then I have a party to cater on Saturday, but I'm having one of my servers actually work the party for me. I'll go and set up, but then I'll head home and let her handle everything on her own.

It's nice and sunny here today, and I wanted to try to take the dogs for a walk again, but that will have to wait for another day when my knee isn't bothering me so much.

I hope you've had a good day and I can't wait to hear how 'physio' (heh) goes for you tomorrow! :heehee: xoxoxoxo
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 you are hilarious. I have seen a part of you back tonight and it's lovely. Your remarks about Freddie the Frenchman were knockout. Then when I read what you put about Icep and the shower, I roared with laughter. You are so funny. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3. I'm glad that strap is helping you. I think you should stick with your cane for a while longer. I'm still using mine when I'm out. My knee aches a great deal if I'm on my feet for more than 20 minutes. After 30 mins Im in pain. Is there no one at all who come help up you out in the morning? No friend you could ask? It's a lot to do on your own. I'm glad you got the next one covered though x x x yes I'll let you know how it all goes, I know you'll b excited xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Ann, thanks for the thought, but all my friends work and my neighbors, well, they're not the best. It's okay. It's what I've been doing all along. I was going to actually make it to my subdivisions pool today to see if it was heated (after saying I was going to do that for over a month now), but when I got on my recumbent bike this afternoon, I had a really hard time making a rotation at the seat distance that I did easily the day prior. Ugh. Took me a couple of tries before I could do it (granted, I have the seat way forward), but I don't normally have that issue. Although my knee loosened up a bit, it felt tight the entire time I was riding so I figured today was not the day to attempt pool exercises. Maybe on Friday I will - this weekend, if it is heated, will be filled with kids since our weather is so lovely right now.

Yes, I so want to hear how the Frenchman works you out tomorrow. I hope he gets around to working on your knee eventually too. :whistle: One foot on the floor at all times! :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:rofsign:@DogLoverx3 have you read what you have written!!! Oh this is too funny...I'm lying on my bed giggling to myself like a naughty teenager! You are hilarious. Oh dear! You know I have to face this guy tomorrow and I just know I'm going to look at him and laugh!!! Or at least smirk! Oh heck! This is one for the books eh? Ha ha ha lol x x x

Now on a more serious note. Maybe, it might pay you to use the bike every other day and give your knee time off it to recover. The pool sounds lovely, it might help you strengthen more easily.

Anyway I'd best try get some sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow. When I've finished with Freddie, I'm going for coffee and cake at my friends house. She's pulled my leg too. She's threatened to send a search party If I'm not at hers by such and such a time. She doesn't want me doing a 'Shirley Valentine' lol xoxox

Speak to you tomorrow my good friend. I'm going to sleep in good spirits and still laughing!

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
When I've finished with Freddie

:shocked:

As for my bike, don't you worry, I don't get on it every day (as I usually just put laundry on it) and when I do, it's only for 5-10 minutes tops. I know I do too much with my work already, so I am certainly not going to add to that with 'real' exercise. ;-) xoxoxo
 
You get Freddie the Frenchman and I get Sal the Sailor.....oh if you only knew what I meant by that! I will go more into that tomorrow. Let's just say his pants are too short and he doesn't comb his hair. TOday when I went to lift my leg on his leg he told me to watch out for the mustard......he stained his pants.....I said from eating a hotdog? Bwhahahhahaha to which he replied....YUP! And it was BROWN mustard.

Good thing this guy is good at what he does!


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox lots of love to you all...
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 whoops!:shocked:See what you mean. It gets better, I'm giggling again. You're not overdoing it thank goodness. I just want for me and you to start getting really well now x btw thank you for the favour x I think we've entertained Pumpk1n tonight, she found your post funny lol xoxoxox catch you tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on with Freddy x x x x x x:puppysmooze:Big hugs and night night xoxox love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Good morning all! Yes @Nana moon 27 , I hope we have entertained and didn't offend anyone with the Frenchman inuendoes (no clue how to spell that) last night. Don't get me wrong, I'll feel bad if anyone was offended, but it's not like I'll stop teasing you..... :heehee:

I slept like poop last night. Was able to fall asleep okay, but must have woken up 15 times thanks to Mr Knee. My hair looked like a complete rat's nest this morning due to all the tossing and turning. No pain this morning, just stiff and tight and swollen - pretty much how it is every day. Well, I'm off for a busy day but will check in with everyone when I am able later on. Hope everyone has a great day (not too great for Ann, you're a married woman after all) :whistle:

xoxoxoxox
 
Good morning @DogLoverx3 I hope that you slept well my friend. I hope today is a good day for you and that the luncheon goes well. I'll catch you later. I'll let you know how I get on with Freddy lol. How the hey I. Going to keep my face straight when I see him today is anyone's gue xoxoxoxoxoxoox :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I hope your luncheon has gone well and you are able to rest and relax now for the evening.
I've posted about the physio on my thread. It's in more detail in my response to saltyal. I'm sorry this is short and sweet but I am exhausted and very tired.

Love Nana moon27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 & @Nana moon 27 ...been a bit since I have been on the site...been reading thru the posts. I too, am having a little of the 'why are you still?' questions...still being on the walker. *sigh* "because I can't walk right!" So there :) lol. Nana, sounds like you got quite a PT there...I personally wouldn't be able to keep a straight face now. Started out-patient PT this week...nice place, therapist is not a brute, but those exercises are kicking my behind. Rough, (not excruciating, just rough). I just passed 5 wks...go back to OS the 27th, cannot imagine him sending me back to work after week 6. (I ain't going!) Wished I could find some stamina - yall seen any? Take care!
 
Today wasn't a good one :sad: By the time my luncheon was over and I had been on my feet and carrying equipment for 4+ hours, my knee hurt like the dickens and was swollen, stiff and honestly, pissing me off :hairpulling: I came home and iced and elevated and that didn't do much good, so I opted to just sit in my bed and cry. Productive, huh? :boohoo:Some days are better than others but I'm ready for the scales to tip the other direction. I want the bad days to be the exception and the good ones to be the rule. :tantrum: I'm so sick of complaining about my stupid knee. I'm also sick of having to plan my life around my knee. At least I didn't have to take a nap today ..... yup that's as positive as I get for now.....
 
Sorry about your bad day. I am sure that all of us can understand better than anyone else in the non
Bonesmart world. I feel like I don't want to talk about my knee anywhere but here because frankly I think people think we are whiners and tired about hearing about my knee...and of course they have never gone through TKR. This too shall pass and there will be more good days ahead than bad!
 
Thanks @RunA42K , you're right about the non-tkr 'friends' just not getting it. I cancelled going out to a happy hour tonight with a group of people that I normally love because I couldn't face another round of questions as to 'what's taking me so long' to get better. I've really been trying to be more positive about this whole thing, but darn if things don't just snowball and pile up. Tomorrow is a new day, right? ;-)
 
You bet, tomorrow is a new day!! I remember people asking me after 6 or 8 weeks after the first TKR..."Why are you still limping your surgery was 6 weeks ago???" They just don't have a clue. Months and months after surgery I would limp and still do now when I first get up from sitting a while, first steps out of bed and after riding in the car. It's a start up limp/pain and it walks itself out in a short bit, but people just don't have a clue unless they've been through it!
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 I'm so sorry your day has been like that. I know where you're coming from as regards people's ignorance too. I wish I could wave a magic wand and cure you my friend. I hate the fact that you are in so much pain and it's impacting on your social life xoxox it's hard to be positive when you're in pain. This is one of your blecky days clearly.

It doesn't matter if you are not positive all the time. It can be very hard and very wearing when you need to just sit back, lick your wounds and boo to everything else!

You always seem to bounce back though. Last night you were in top form and to say how much you cheered me up and made me laugh was so brilliant. Thank you x x x

You are always so kind to others on this site who need support, advice and guidance but most of all you've been there for me all the way my lovely friend. I am here for you too.

Please take care. I am awake because I've had a decent catnap and woke up,wondering if you were ok?

Thinking of you my lovely friend love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
DL3 I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I have my ups and downs too but you have such a difficult situation with your business. You obviously know we are here for you. Totally get it. It's almost more about the frustration at this point. And no one understands what you are going through unless they had a knee replacement. Even if I get busy I come back here often because everyone here gets it. So fortunate and blessed to have found this little community we have here. I saw you read my post where I found the website that explained the bone pain. Doesn't make the pain go away but at least I understand that there is a light at the end of our recovery tunnel. Rattle my cage anytime you need to vent or want to hear a bad joke or two. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom