TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha lol brilliant. Know what you mean about the flushes blooming awful!!!! Xxxxx:puppysmooze:
 
I agree with Dogwheels, no rush to get to the gym. If they have a pool that is a good place to start water walking.
You are more than active enough, no need to rush things only to set yourself back.
 
Thanks @Pumpkln ~ I certainly don't need any help setting myself back ~ I seem to have that covered quite well on my own :headbang: I keep forgetting to hobble down to my community pool to see if it's heated or not. I guess the tanning beds at the gym will come in handy even though I won't be working out in case I need to try to squish my post surgical body into a swim suit for all the world to see :happydance:
 
Hi Ellen ... Thought I would just pop in and say 'hello'. Sorry you have been having a bit of a rough time lately. I have been back to the gym lately and do upper body strength work and ride backwards and forwards on the bikes hoping that one day I will go all the way around. I also found that the elliptical was actually quite easy to use - you don't need as much of a bend to use the elliptical. I have now worked up to 10 minutes at Level 2, which has been so hard for me - my first instinct was to just get on and go.

You have a lovely little network of support people on here and they must be a great help to you. I would recommend that maybe you find out if there is a heated pool around locally. I go to the local pool a couple of times a week with a lovely lady from work and walk to half way and back quite a few times. I did it ten times the other day - only 250metres - but it felt good. And I sit on a noodle and walk with my knees bent and then swim (all arms, no kicking) to the deep end and do some deep water cycling. Then I turned around and swam back. I was surprised I didn't need oxygen after swimming 100 metres. It was close, but I managed to keep breathing on my own.

Those flushes you are getting from the medication sound awful. They must be like menopausal flushes. I hated the hot flushes when I went through menopause. Everywhere I went, winter or summer, I needed a fan or windows open.

I do hope your swelling lessens as time goes by. It must be hard when your job requires you to be on our feet so much.

Take Care Ellen and I hope things get betterer and betterer for you.

Hugs ... Ellen
 
Thought you would like this
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Hi @NetballKnees ! So good to hear from you! Yes, I'm VERY lucky to have such a kind and supportive virtual family on here! I honestly don't know where I would be without the the kindness, knowledge, support and suggestions of everyone on here!

Thank you for the pic & sentiment @Chihuahuan ! I hope your Sunday is off to a great start!

@Nana moon 27 , I hope you've had a good day! I loved the pic of you on the cart! Glad you got out. I'm so sorry you keep waking up in pain :(

I just got back from meeting a man for breakfast who proceeded to judge me for the entire hour I was stuck there before I managed to escape. He had a partial replacement and apparently, and probably due to the male ability to be 1/2 full of sh*t about things like this, sailed through his recovery and proceeded to tell me how to 'fix' myself. It's all about juicing and nutrition apparently. Gee, thanks dipsh*t...... at least he paid for breakfast ;)
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 geez that was enough to put you off for life and your breakfast, a man like that. What is it with SOME of these alpha blooming males. Gotta be better and fitter and can fix you like they fix themselves! What the hay did he think you are? a car to be fixed? I'm glad you escaped it sounds like a lucky one too. Where do these people get off? I keep being asked to show my scar and then when it's seen they feign abject horror. Oh it gets on my nerves honest!!!!!! And secondly he only had a partial, which I accept is Painful but not like a full TKR , so how the hay can he judge you!!!! Aaaaargggggghhhhh men (some) xxxxxx
 
I'll buy my own breakfast next time, that's for sure @Nana moon 27 . You show your scar to people? :shocked:Unless I'm wearing shorts and then they're forced to look at it, I don't show my scar. People are just kinda 'special' sometimes. That's why I love our little Bonesmart family. Everyone on here has been through what we're going through and gets it! xoxoxxoo
 
I just noticed that my 'status' under my name on here has gone from member, to junior, to senior and as of today (I think), it's now 'Graduate'! Does that mean that I'm cured?!?! If so, could someone please inform my knee so I don't embarrass the whole class? :heehee:
 
Not sure if it was the fact that I barely slept at all on Saturday night or that I took both an allergy pill and Tylenol PM last night, but I slept (off and on, of course) almost 9 hours last night! :happydance:No clue when the last time that happened was. Shut off the tv around 9 and aside from waking up several times during the night, didn't get out of bed until almost 7! Got up, fed the dogs, brushed my teeth, washed my face, answered a few e mails and then went back to sleep for another hour :shocked:. Now it's time to actually leave the house as it's supposed to be 85 today and is beautifully sunny (sorry to all those with icky weather).

Off to deliver food for my older couple, try to track down Tumeric capsules as they're supposed to help with inflammation, go to an uber painful tattoo removal appointment and then maybe take a friend out for a birthday drink this evening (she can drink, I'll stick to water)...

My knee, although not very painful, is swollen and tight/stiff as always. *sigh* Wonder if that's ever going to change. :sad:

Have a great day all! xoxoxo
 
:sleep: sleep sweet sleep!
If I may ask, why are you having a painful tatoo removal now???
Guess it will take your mind off the knee :heehee:.
There is an article in the library about that tight rubber band feeling, takes awhile to go away.
 
Watch how much diphenydramine you take --it's the active ingredient in Benadryl and Tylenol PM --certainly explains your lovely sleep.
It was 82 here yesterday but we are supposed to cool off a little today and be overcast. No big winds yet!
 
Having a tattoo removed is a very long and painful process (sound familiar?). I can only go for one laser treatment per month, so I figure why not really test my pain pills and give them a run for their money? I came for a treatment last month and as excruciating as the treatment usually is, I could barely feel it as my knee was hurting so much. I'm sitting in the office now with the very non-effective numbing cream on as I type this awaiting my torture treatment. Heck, anything that makes me forget about my knee can't be all bad, right? :beg:
 
Oh, whoopsie, @Chihuahuan ! Didn't even think of that, duh. I took 1 Benadryl gel cap & 2 Tylenol PM - is that bad? Your weather sounds lovely. I hope it cools off here as it's way too early to be this warm. At this rate, it will be 135 come August!! :shocked:
 
I would just do the 2 T-PMs if you need the Tylenol. If not 2 Benadryl--I use one.
 
Hello @DogLoverx3 I'm glad hour day has been ok so far and that you got some sleep!!!! 9 hours Wowee!!!! Good luck with everything you went their today and hope you have a great evening with your friend xxxxxxx
 
Thanks @Chihuahuan ! At least I slept well, right? :whistle:

My day went well aside from the fact that I could NOT find something to do this afternoon that both myself and my knee would be happy with. It is gorgeous here today. I wanted to go to the park - whoops, can't walk on uneven ground. Seems as if the entire city was hiking today - goes without saying that that's not a possibility. Was going to go out to lunch somewhere with an outdoor patio but got self conscious about using my cane. Wanted to look for a compression knee brace and Turmeric capsules (hopefully to help with my pretty consistent swelling) but got nervous that wandering around a store would be too much after being up and about for several hours already today. Instead I just came home and sat in the sun in the backyard with the pups and read a magazine in the sun. :sad: Not my ideal of a great way to spend a non-work day, but I guess I'll take it for now.

I hope everyone had a great day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom