Guest viewing is limited

THR My hip hip hooray journey<

editted and SurreyGirl glad to hear (read) that you both are continuing to improve. It's wonderful to be free of the hip pain, isn't it?

Good luck with your show editted, your jewelry is stunning. One thing I miss about not working and living in a very casual city is wearing coordinating jewelry. I used to have quite the collection. Now it's just the basic silver hoops and bracelet.

Keep it steady and slow....
 
I'm sure your show will be a success. I wrap my ice packs in dining room cloth napkins. The are large enough that I can tuck the napkin in my pants & the ice pack lands where my incision is. I can walk around with it tucked in wearing spandex. Mauritius truck will work for you too.
 
@SurreyGirl . Mine was July 11,so we are pretty close to each other healing history. Just did a mile walk with husband, down to the local farmers market in our village center (we are living in a urban community with a “village”identity). Now icing. Hope to take another walk later in the day. The rain has finally subsided and the humidity has dropped at last!
Now I am going back to beadwork since I have an upcoming show!!
 
Happy Beading!
I hope you have a great day. Congrats on your progress.
May it only get better :)
@editted
 
That all sounds so positive! Hope he craft fair goes well. I use dinner napkins for icing too. . Have tried cutting back to codeine once before bedtime and still on the paracetamol to see how it goes. 13 steps in our house and can do these the normal way without the crutch although do take one for safety. Usually do these twice a day and trying to get 1/2 mile walking in once a day outside with the crutch and walking now without the crutch in the house mostly.
 
@Layla, thanks for the kind words! You, too, @SurreyGirl! I am still sore around the knee and mid-thigh right where my lateral approach incision begins, but I assume it isn't infection, but rather muscles revitalizing. Tylenol is my friend, along with ice. Managed to use my cane as a way of getting through a crowd at a political luncheon today both to get lunch AMD to get a selfie with the candidates (one of whom I have known for 35 years!!)
Stairs remain an issue for me. I find myself hopping off the THR leg as quickly as possible going up steps. Yeah, I'm not taking a single step at a time; trying to go back to normal step climbing. Down is easy; up is a PITA!
Wish me luck, the show starts Thursday with set-up (loading car; unloading car at venue; hubby will haul, I will do a lot of directing this time!) When show ends Saturday night, we reverse the procedure. Sunday will be a day spent in a warm bath, sauna and ice ice ice....
 
Oh wow! That is quite a task you have set yourself.... best of luck and let us know how you get in. X
 
Best of luck on Thursday! Rest up, I hope it's all you want it to be.
You'll have to give us an update Sunday when you're catching up on rest.
Will be thinking of you!
@editted
 
Best of luck this week. Hope all goes well and hip behaves!
The up stairs is a tough one.:sigh:

Please take care and No Falling Down AND Going Boom!:bignono:
 
@Mojo333, can’t promise I won’t climb a ladder (only has 3 steps), but I do promise not to fall down and go boom! Thanks for the nice wishes for the show! I hope it goes well, too!
 
Your work is fabulous.
Make lots of money and have fun.
:ok:
Then rest!:ice:
 
So the show is over and I am resting with ice and a glass of wine one day after! (Show went Thursday-Saturday). Moderately successful at this very prestigious high-end craft show in Washington, DC. Achy, but not sore of hip, just muscles. Nothing that Aleve and wine can’t help! I will admit to doing a no-no. I climbed my 3-step ladder to put up my banners and adjust my lighting! And I am fine! Not even a wobble going up or down! But don’t tell my doctor!! Turns out I “walked” about 3 miles each day around the show and coming and going! Who knew?

Surprised myself! By end of show, my feet hurt more than my muscles! Standing on cement floors, even with anti fatigue pads, is hard on the doggies!! And we do it again in 2 weeks!
 
Well you are hereby relegated to rest, ice and elevation floor the next week and 1/2.
Kudos on soldiering on and a successful show!
Have a restful week, tough lady!
 
Awesome! Happy you made it through the show.
I agree with the others, lots of rest, ice and taking it easy.
Hope you have a great week!
@editted
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom