Guest viewing is limited

THR My hip hip hooray journey<

Well, I have survived my October and early November of craft shows at 4+ months post THR of my right leg, Sitting, icing. Legs up one day after driving home from last show. Each day, started off fine. However. by the end of the day, sitting or standing was seriously wearing; serious ache on standing up or getting moving. Walking promoted limberness. Did an accidental 4 miles one day, without leaving the convention center venue, other than a 1 block walk to and from the hotel!!

Nonetheless, mid thigh, from front, around to back of operative leg, bug ouch...painful to the touch. That is where the ice is happening right now! I figure about a week to get better. Tylenol, ice and walking...... onward! The good news is that this last show was a wonderful success AND I got to meet Michael Moore (the activist and muckraker, and truly humble soul) on Saturday. He was visiting an old friend who had a booth in our aisle!!Google him if you haven’t heard of him. He did the movie Roger and Me; one about Fling, Michigan, and has been a serious thorn in the side of the “right”.
Meanwhile, I think good thoughts and am happy I voted early so I can stay iced tomorrow!!
 
Hi, Happy Monday :)
Great news you survived it all!
I'm sorry you're hurting but I think your idea of lots of icing and rest will pay off.
Wishing you a great week of R&R now that the shows are over.
@editted
 
Time to put your feet up and have a well earned rest! Glad it went so well.
I have a very intensive three weeks that started today so looking forward to end of November!
 
Thanks, @Layla and @SurreyGirl ! Exactly whatI have been doing. The week is for r&r, and Friday, I see the OD for a scheduled check in. With luck he will agree I am just sore and there is no loosening of the implant!! And, SurreyGirl, pace yourself so you don’t end up in the odic! Let us know how you are doing!!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope your appt went well on Friday and you continue to recover from the shows.
Wishing you a peaceful pain free week!
@editted
 
Hi, @Layla! I am sitting on ice as I type. old says soft tissue issue, wants me to go back to PT. I am in increasing ache/pain when I begin walking after sitting or standing for any length of time, and his X-ray and exam did nothing to explain it. My ROM is decreasing due to the ache/pain. I continue to walk, but feel as if I have regressed significantly, perhaps limping a bit again. Ugh!! Sitting and I don’t want to get up.

Depressed beyond belief....but will see the doctor again right after the first of the year...sooner if this doesn’t improve. Not sure what to do about the PT.... large sigh.

Aren’t you glad you asked? Lol?!!!
 
I'm sorry! So sad to hear you're struggling. Hopefully if you decide on PT it helps.
As you've heard, if it hurts, stop, don't do it. It's not a no pain, no gain situation.
Try not to be depressed because you're only four months post op. You have many months yet until
healing / recovery is complete. Possibly the shows set you back a bit? I'll bet with lots of rest you'll begin to notice gradual improvement. :prayer: Prayers to that end.
Hugs and best wishes for a good week.
@editted
 
Ugh! It is so frustrating isn’t it! Is the ice helping at this stage? Hope you can rest it a bit!
Re your previous post, I did a small update on my thread rather than hijacking yours!
Getting an early night after an intense first but very enjoyable week......
 
So sorry to hear about your setback. Definitely give PT a try, even if just for the therapist to stretch your muscles and massage them.Water therapy is also an option to inquire about. I have done well with it. Good luck!
 
Wishing you all the best today...
Don't like to hear you are down and in pain.:sad:
Hoping this too will pass!
Hugs!:console2:
 
Well, @Mojo333, @Lski, and @SurreyGirl, I am pretty much laying for really joining the odic!! Three 4-day shows between October 4 and November 4 probably was pretty stupid do me, particularly since EACH SHOW involved (1) driving , (2) setting up a 10x10 booth —curtains lighting, etc. picture appended, (3) standing on cement floors (yes I had a squishy pad for my feet) for 8-10 hours a day, and (4) tearing it all down and driving home. Only smart thing we did was to leave most of the booth stuff in the car between shows! Can you say exhausted??
Thenaches have been moving around in the right thigh. Now seems to be centered in the glute area.....ice and stretching,
I plan to call the PT place and see if they can get me back with Matt and if the water class is back in gear (they had lost their leader for the class just as I wanted it back in August!). Cruddy rain and cold= limited outdoor walking, at best. Co side ring the treadmill or elliptical, despite detesting both!
Trying to see the “up” side of all of this....time to read, knit, and cook.....and to bead a whole new line...
Looking forward to spending time with grands (5 and 2) for holidaze, too.
Thanks to everyone who has reminded me that I am only 4 months out. Feels like forever....and for reminding me that it takes time to heal fully! And at 69, I guess I don’t bounce back the same as I did at even 60, sigh!
Hugs to all and happy turkey day to those on this west side of the smal, pond!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My hip hip hooray journey<
    6D85F3D1-1CE8-40CC-A3C4-30C96C1744A4.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 193
You look fabulous, so you hid your discomfort well.
Rest up, pretty lady!
 
Great photo! You look happy. Your booth looks very upscale, with the glass enclosed stands, lighting and backdrop. Hopefully you enjoyed your time at the shows and they were profitable for you.
Rest up, ice up and feel better. ODIC is no fun!
@editted
 
:yes!::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: to @Mojo333 and @Layla ! The shows WERE wonderful. AND I had the unexpected thrill of meeting Michael Moore (he of the muckraker movies like Sicko (about health care) and the one about the Flint, MI water crisis). He was meandering down our aisle to visit an old friend who makes pepper mills (of course I had to buy one LOL) Just back from getting my flu shot; yesterday was dentist premeditated with antibiotic. Today is ICE and REST!! YAY
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom