THR My hip hip hooray journey<

Thanks, @Layla ! So we emptied the car today to put the display stuff back into storage until the next show. Bless his heart, my hubby scraped a shelf down my right shin. Blood everywhere. Alcohol wipes and a big BIG bandaid later, we finished. Iced the shin as well as the thigh? Sheesh! It is always something!!

I'm sorry you were hurt. I'll bet poor hubby feels awful.
Since there was blood / open skin and it's your op leg, wondering if you should check in with the office of your OS on how to best care for it, or tag, Josephine the nurse and see what she thinks. I'm sure it will be fine but it can't hurt to touch base with a medical pro. Hope it isn't hurting and heals quickly.
Wishing you comfort!
@editted

@Layla , Will call doc, or, alternatively take the 4 amoxicillin he wants me to take before any dental stuff. I have enough for a year or more! Thanks for the thought!

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well after your little mishap earlier this week.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@editted

Thanks @Layla !
Let us healing without antibiotics. Just a nasty scrape. Only part of my leg not flaky with dry skin! One up side, I guess! Lol
Only difficulty at 3 months remains the stiffness in the muscles around the hip. Still can’t tie my right shoe or put on my own socks. Moisturizing my feet is left to my wonderful hubby! Should I try some yoga stretches or just keep walking??
The pain above my right knee is gone! Yay!
I am reminded of The Rolling Stones oldie “time is on my side”..... and so it is for so many of us. Attitude helps, too!!

Hey @editted .
Three months!:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Time flies when you're having fun?:wink:
Glad your knee is feeling better!
Time is a great healer - if you can respect the time your body needs.

Have a great day!

@Mojo333 ,
I thank you for 3 months of support and, as needed, tough love! After my show, I took 2 days off to recover, and it work d! Next show a week from today, and one more thereafter. Then, rest, relaxation and walking, walking walking! And the ever useful ice, of course!!a

So, now a real (???) problem has cropped up. Back from show #2 out of 3 and I am in actual pain (followed by ache, after walking a while) dead center on the outside of my thigh, midway between hip and knee. Painful to pressure by my hand. It radiates to the front of the thigh. No discernible knot. I feel it when I lift my foot when standing; it stops when planting the foot on the ground. I have no idea what a loosened implant would feel like. Does it go that far don into my femur? Infection?? It has been 3-4 days ...beginning to panic....next show, and one I must do, has set up on Wednesday!! Oy vey! Tylenol doesn’t seem to Help!! Help!!,

Most likely due to your increased activity. Rest, ice and elevate between your shows. You are moving differently and not resting. Muscles and soft tissues are complaining.

Hi @editted
Please don't panic. I'm sure Jaycey is right. Too much activity, too early on and your body is letting you know. I think you may need to go into complete rest mode between now and Wednesday. If it will offer you reassurance, call your OS. I'm sure his care team can offer you mental relief through a series of questions.
Sounds to me like you made a stop into the ODIC after Show 2.
Wishing you comfort and I hope you feel better soon!
@editted

Legs up; icing. Beading quietly. Pain didn’t start for a day after returning...hence my panic!
Thank you @Jaycey and @Layla! Will keep you in the loop.

But that always seems to be the way.
It doesn't hurt until you stop.
You have a more strenuous workout and when do you feel it? The next day, sometimes even two.
You're in the ODIC. :groan: Hopefully your visit is short lived.
@editted

Ugh...been there, done that! Not fun.:sorry:
It is so hard to know how much is too much...
Sincerely hope all eases soon!:console2:

Seems to be sore INSIDE more than outside.... tender to the touch, Tylenol take . Legs up: ice on. Walking slowly. Greatest cake/pain is on first standing and getting moving...Doing as little as possible until we head to next show. Then after it is over, blessed relief (and a visit to the OD) until turkey day!! Bummer! I am convinced this happened when I squatted to pick something up during the last show and couldn’t stand back up!! Had a neighbor help me stand. Sheesh!!

That does sound like what caused the problem.. I overstretched something a few weeks back and it has taken a while to resolve. This recovery business certainly teaches patience! I note your op was two weeks before mine approx. There are a few July patients having problems at the moment. Hope it gets better very soon..

Hi there :wave: @editted
How are you doing?
I hope your pain is easing and you're feeling ready for set up on Wednesday.
Shoot us a quick update if you're able.
I hope today is a good day!

Hope you are feeling better today, friend.
Some of these mishaps can take a few days to subside.
Do take it easy!

Hope you're feeling up to set-up for your third show today.
Wishing you an enjoyable time and profitable show.
Let us know how it goes.
Warm wishes for a great rest of the week :)
@editted

Hi @editted
I too hope you are feeling better as you prepare for another show.
Hope today is a Good Day!:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks