Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

@beachy I‘m doing fairly well, just taking a bit of a “vacation” from posting here much. Thanks for asking!

My vision in the new right eye is better and things are so much brighter. My white kitchen appliances are really white now!

I am excited that: I had a medical issue, a doctor actually confirmed it, and offered to fix it, and did indeed fix it! (unlike with my problem knee) What a concept!

I have to admit I did not have complete confidence in this cataract surgery going as planned, after the result of my knee. I do have confidence for the next eye!
 
@Jockette So glad you are already seeing positive results from your first cataract surgery! How amazing! Bring on the second (and last) procedure!
 
I don’t think we can just order an MRI ourselves, but if we could, I would not be willing to pay that much money for one.

Sometimes I wonder if they are actually listening to me. I posted the following in a reply to someone else, but I’ll repeat it here. I told this recent (third) second opinion that my knee often feels out of joint. He came back with, “can you describe that?” Seriously? I had thought it was self explanatory. So I replied, it feels like someone took my leg apart at the knee, and put it back together, wrong. And yet they see no reason, other than an MRI of my lumbar spine, to do any tests on the knee.

I have a fourth surgeon in mind, for when I’m ready to try again. But I don’t know how many times can I go through all the stress and anxiety of these second opinions only to be told there’s nothing to be done. And the PTSD I have from my entire PKR experience really does create a lot of stress and anxiety whenever I think of seeing another surgeon or the possibility of a revision. If it ever comes to a revision, I’m going to need God to do a mighty work, to get me through it.

Jockette,

Have you had your ever had knee scoped to see what is going on? It is not listed in your procedure list in the footer.

As you can see in my latest update, I just had an arthroscope and lots of junk cleaned out. I am not sure how that junk got there other than because of all the bending, twisting, and massive swelling from my PKR surgery.

I am hoping a clean knee will now equal a clean and smooth recovery 2+ years late... but I will believe it when I feel it!
 
Have you had your ever had knee scoped to see what is going on?
No, I haven’t. Out of the 4 surgeons who have seen my knee, none of them has suggested it, and to be honest, with my knee the mess it is, I don’t want any more interference with it, so part of me is glad they haven’t suggested it. Maybe if done it would provide an answer, but I think it’s a big maybe. And, at this point, my trust level is very low.

I‘m thankful I’m managing as well as I am, at this point. It’s been 6 and a half years and I never thought it would last this long.

I even fell on this PKR back in December, and I hoped it did enough damage to require a fix, but again, the new X-ray looked great, and even bruised and swollen, it bent and straightened well enough, so my third second opinion didn’t see the need to do anything.
I am hoping a clean knee will now equal a clean and smooth recovery 2+ years late... but I will believe it when I feel it!
I hope you get good results from this latest procedure!
 
I just want to call attention to the banner at the top of the page, to donate to Bonesmart. It rotates, so if you don’t see it, just wait a few seconds.

This is Thanksgiving week, in the US, and one of the things I am so thankful for is Bonesmart! It truly was a game changer for me when I found Bonesmart at 4 weeks post op after being hurt, physically and emotionally, in my “therapy” sessions. It is an honor to be part of this wonderful staff and help others through their recoveries.

If Bonesmart has helped you, please consider making a donation.

[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee
 
Hi Jockette! I have read your entire thread over the last few days. I really feel for you with all you have gone through but I know you have been a blessing to so many people here. I want to add my voice to those who have encouraged you not to give up on getting answers. I can see from your posts that you are extremely hesitant to keep seeking help - seems like you either worry that they will tell you something you don’t want to hear (ie when you were worried the surgeon would recommend a revision of the neurologist would put you on gabapentin after you had already had problems with it), or you don’t feel comfortable going back if they didn’t help you the first time.

My mom was an office manager for a group of doctors for many years when I was growing up and she made it clear to me that if I had a problem not addressed by the doctor I needed to go right back. Most doctors will assume that if they don’t hear from you everything is fine or that it wasn’t that big a deal. It’s annoying but the way it is, doctors are so busy if they are any good.

It seems like you now think that you have a nerve related issue, and dr #3 did say that might be the case and that you might want to see a neurologist. Also you liked that doctor and he left the door open for you to come back with additional information. It occurred to me that if you consulted with a neurologist, even if they didn’t help you that would be more information. Also, just the fact that it has been so much longer and isn’t resolved is information he could take into account. There might be something he could do now that he would not have considered at a first visit or at the earlier stage of recovery. It also could be that it really is a nerve issue that could be helped. And even if gabapentin is the first thing that normally gets tried it isn’t the only option.

I hope you aren’t offended by me putting my 2 cents in when I wasn’t asked…..but I got so involved with your story I couldn’t help posting! And I feel like I know you from reading so many of your posts all around the forum besides in your own thread. Either way I wish you well and hope you don’t give up on advocating for yourself.
 
Happy 7 year Anniversary to Miss Drama Queen PKR! :wowspring:

I never thought I’d make it this far with it, but here I am! Things are about the same and I’m managing well enough. I hope it continues to not get worse!
 
I hope it either remains at the level it is, currently or even improves!
Life just rolls along, doesn't it? In other words, time sure does fly!
 
Life just rolls along, doesn't it? In other words, time sure does fly!
Yes, it certainly does! I can't believe how fast the time goes. I remember my mother saying the same thing.

Happy Kneeaversary, @Jockette :flwrysmile: I'm sorry it has been such a bumpy ride thus far......
 
@AnnieBee Just say hi in the text box below and click on post reply. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom