Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Can you take any meds for nerve issues? I have no idea and can't remember if you've tried that.
 
I did ask about gabapentin at this latest ortho appointment, but he said he doesn’t prescribe it. I don’t have a GP, and my chiropractor can’t prescribe, so that’s that.

So, I’m trying the CBD cream that my chiropractor does sell. I thought it was helping at first, but not much at this point. It mostly smells like Vicks. I read about Vicks a while back, and supposedly it can help with nerve issues. When I finish this jar of CBD, I’ll go back to the Vicks and give it a more consistent try. It’s a lot less expensive!
 
That's too bad that you can't try gabapentin. I had shingles a few yrs ago, got into my gp immediately and he started me on gabapentin and some other med...anti viral maybe. The two lessened the severity of shingles and it didn't spread too much. That's when I first learned about gabapentin.
CBD was helpful for my back, too and my chiro at the beach used it on me. Now that I have my medical cannabis card I use a cbd plus thc combo ointment.
 
@beachy Yes, I did try it back in 2018. I was 15 months post op when I had my first second opinion. He was the one who prescribed it. I didn’t like how groggy it made me feel, or the constipation it caused me. After 3 weeks of these symptoms, I stopped it.

He used an interesting term for my sensitivity issue, ”dysesthesia”. He said with anesthesia you feel nothing, with dysesthesia, you feel everything. That pretty much describes my knee!
 
Hi Jockette. congrats on you 6 year badge. I am scheduled for cataract surgery next month. Is there a section here for those surgeries? ;-)
 
@Tino2You
No cataract section here on Bonesmart. I actually did google such a forum this morning but decided I really don’t want to know all the things that may have gone wrong for others. I don’t even want to open that door of possibility!

Best wishes with yours!
 
The most important thing after cataract surgery is to stick to the eye drop schedule. I have had both eyes done and only have to wear otc reading glasses now. It was the best decision and the easiest surgeries. Good luck and congratulations on 6-years!
 
I only have one drop, twice a day. I forget for how many days. It seems to be much easier now than years ago.
 
Happy Birthday Drama Queen! You're old enough to stop giving Jockette a difficult time. Behave yourself! Love, Pia

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Jockette!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom