THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legin yes, a lot of good food! I think it's time to rein it in a bit.. I hope you relaxed a bit and didn't spend the entire time cooking lots of good food!!
@DeepBreath Hello!
I had PT today, it went really well. I think I like this guy, He has his own private practice and gave me a lot of time.
today marks 5 weeks! I can easily walk longer distances and can go up and down our stairs with great ease. then I try to do other things and I am reminded that recently there was someone rearranging my bones and muscles. ;)

The exhaustion hits at strange times. I was up early this morning and intended to get a few things done around the house. Around 10 am my mom and sister started texting me and I was upstairs in the bedroom so I decided to lie down and text and chill for a bit,, fast forward 75 minutes later and I am waking up to multiple unanswered texts.. hahaha
 
:flabber: Has it been 5 weeks already?! Where did the time go??
Happy to hear the PT is going well, keep up the awesome recovery! :walking:
 
@Hipster Girl yes! Isn't that just crazy!! I remember somebody on this forum commenting how they considered their recovery time as a special time. I think I can say that very same thing. Pretty amazing.
The major perk for me are the great naps!! :sleep: :yawn:
 
@CricketHip, what an awesome update! It's incredible how far you've come in just 5 weeks. I'm glad you're navigating the walking and stairs so well. And yeah, the reminders that you've been through something really major must be a bit surprising. You're doing so great though! :)
I smiled at your texting story. Yep. I've had to tell my friends that if they're texting with me and all of sudden I don't answer, not to panic. It's very likely that I am :zzz:
The naps are fabulous, aren't they? (I always have been an avid napper...even in Kindergarten, back in the day when they still had nap time, while all the other kids fussed about it I was Johnny on the Nap Mat happily snoozing away!)
Enjoy those naps and the terrific progess, Cricket. SO happy for you, friend! :SUNsmile:
 
Okay, okay! the next hurdle has been,, well,,, hurdled! the Cervical Epidural has been given. so I am back to rest and ice and high hopes that one will do the trick. I expect that it will need another, simply because I let it get so badly inflamed this time, but,, maybe one will do it, especially since I am not dragging it down with work, and not laying around in the bed as much..
It's been a good week for my walking and I am now able to walk further with Rooney-- was afraid to use the leash until this week so we kept our walk to the block around our house, but now we can branch out!
Progress, Bay-Bay!:egypdance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you are OK pal, hugs

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
thank you, my Scottish buddy!! so far so good. I am icing as I type. the Dr said the steroids flowed well into the bad areas so it's all good.
 
I forgot to give my details about my implant. I am probably not saying it as eloquently as stated on my paperwork but here goes:
drumroll please....... I have the Stryker Accolade II titanium tapered wedge stem (press fit) with the Stryker X3 Bearing system for the Acetabular insert with Trident cup (titanium) and the polyethylene Liner with the Biolox Delta Ceramic head.
Bottom line, they are getting 20-25 years out of this set up. Well, that's what they told me, anyways.. Here's hoping!
@Josephine- sorry to bother you with this but I am confused with something my Nurse Practitioner said. Apparently I need the press fit stem to get more bone growth around it and that the Dr also had to use a screw in my acetabulum because of the shallow socket and I THOUGHT she said soft bones. But I was given other than to go easy and no return to work just yet oh, and no yoga, pilates or stretching at this point. Does the soft bones sortof go with the shallow socket? Or maybe she was just mentioning that the dr will use the screw in shallow sockets and/or soft bones. I hate to call her just for that, but frankly it is bothering me a bit.
Plus she showed me on the X-ray how he had to go easy so he didn't go through the socket? But on the film it sure looks like it went through. I think it's just the angle of the X-ray? I know that can be so misleading from doing dental X-rays for several years... but I do start imagining things and just wanted your input. Thanking you in advance. :)
 
@CricketHip, yaay about your epidural! I'm sending out good thoughts that it does the trick and soon!
How long does it take before you know if you'll need another?
Also happy you can branch out with your doggy. :)

Side note: I saw your sweet comment on topgun's thread about my dumb stunt with the old lasagna. I lucked out and had no problems, thankfully. Thank you for the well wishes. :)
 
I have the worst headache tonight. the first 2 days are a bit tough- they just crammed a bunch of fluids into a small space. A tiny, inflamed small space. :scaredycat:
 
Hope you are getting some sleep and relief pal. Yet another thing I'm lucky to be male hey.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @CricketHip thinking of you and praying that you have a great result from the cervical epidural.Your hip recovery has been phenomenal I am so happy for you
 
Thank you @Kim22 I so appreciate that!
I was thinking about this last night. Maybe it's good timing for the neck because I would be tempted to resume work at this point and that wouldn't be a good thing.
 
Bottom line, they are getting 20-25 years out of this set up. Well, that's what they told me, anyways.. Here's hoping!
At the very least. My thinking is that this hip will out last you in spades! :old:
Apparently I need the press fit stem to get more bone growth around it and that the Dr also had to use a screw in my acetabulum because of the shallow socket and I THOUGHT she said soft bones. Plus she showed me on the X-ray how he had to go easy so he didn't go through the socket? But on the film it sure looks like it went through. I think it's just the angle of the X-ray?
Yes it is. But all the rest is just normal for a dysplasic hip. Totally normal. So just forget about it. That nurse was showing off the smidgeon of information she had at her disposal and making much of it. And the screw is standard for that type of hip. Everyone who has it ends up with at least one screw.
 
It's been awhile since I've been on BS. I'm sorry to see you've had some trouble with your neck. I hope your injection helps! Glad to see you healing so well with your hip. Isn't it miraculous how our bodies can recover? I will admit, I'm all about the naps still, at 11 weeks. I, too, just get so tired out of nowhere. I fall asleep at the strangest times. Haha. I guess it's our body's way of telling us to rest so it can heal. Keep up the great recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom