THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at work this morning and had a good walk back tho had to make many stops. But the autumn air brought the hill closer I so miss sitting on my thinking rock. I have sorted the pooches and stripped the beds. Think some good tunes and a coffee for now.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I wish there was a way to get you to work easier. :chinstroke:
 
To be honest because some muscles don't work just doing the walk is good for me. So I really don't mind. Since I took myself of the driving list I have seen so much more around here that before I wooooooshed past in the car. Also I may not have the ability to get to my thinking rock but I sure do a lot of thinking when walking.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
legin, I think you need a golf cart.. or a scooter... just for the really bad days, then you can walk the others...:vespa:
 
Omg I'm accident prone enough as it is me on a vespa chortle. Do the poor people of Kinross deserve this

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello @CricketHip I am also amazed and happy at all you can do, I love hearing about your improvements which come in a steady stream, it is great that you are doing many 'normal' day to day activities such as sweeping, dusting, making up the beds and doing laundry, etc. I find that attempting these activities makes me feel more normal.

Walking a full flight of stairs is such a milestone, one of the best things about these threads is seeing how far we have come. I am so glad you continue to have gorgeous fall weather and are enjoying the longer walks with your husband. I bet entertaining was a celebration for you! Having friends over and enjoying a full evening sitting in a chair with friends :wow: It cheers me so much hearing about you stellar recovery.

Continue enjoying your time off from work while you continue healing. I hope you are able to resolve the neck and shoulder pain so you are able to fully appreciate the pain free hip.

It is interesting to me that each OS is somewhat different, my first check-up is at 2 weeks, this Thursday and then again at 6 weeks for an X-ray and basically the time where my OS says see you next year! It is hard to believe everything we have been through in such a short amount of time and how remarkable the recovery has been. I'm not sure exactly what the surgery would would achieve but I have not been this comfortable in years.

Oh, I too share your shock from getting on the scale! I also weighed myself shortly after I returned home and I was a lot heavier than my pre-OP visit! My weight has stayed about the same though UGH!i But yikes! I hope I catch up to you in the weight loss department soon. :shocked: !!!!

Keep your wonderful :angel: reports coming.

Let me know how Rooney responds, my girls are having a similar response to being with me constantly, yesterday when I went out for a walk you'd have thought I'd been gone months! I am almost confident enough to take one for a walk today, they are all good on the leash but I have still been somewhat apprehensive, erring on the side of caution.

Have a wonderful fall day.
 
Great update @CricketHip isn't it amazing how happy we are to be able to do small household chores that we once complained about doing? I am jealous of your nice weather. It was beautiful here all weekend and 77 and sunny yesterday, but heading into dreary Fall Michigan weather now. Keep up the great recovery.
 
Thanks @Legin I am trying very hard not to. I plan to take it easy today. I am feeling muscles that I forgot I had.. :snork:

I felt the same way. Now that I'm 8 weeks post op, the muscles have strengthened. You sound like you are doing so well. Your are wise to be cautious. Glad to hear you enjoyed having friends over to the house. Doing chores is rewarding, too. It just gets better...
 
Its when we do something out of natural reactionof unthinking movement. Me not thinking much can present a problem, Oooooooooooopsieman

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning to all of my BS buddies.. So based on the advice on this awesome forum I have been very cautious and taking it slow with giving up my walking aides but today I seem to be forgetting the cane and have been up and down the stairs and fixed my breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned my pup's ears, fed the stray cat outside on the back door steps.. all without the cane. :yahoo: My husband is under very strict instructions to watch me for any limp and help bring my mind back to it. That's my biggest concern.
I was a bit worried that I over did things yesterday and was careful to rest and ice and went to bed earlier than usual and find that there are no side affects this m morning. Maybe the front of the thigh is a bit sore, but nothing to worry about.
I wonder @Nana757 @Suzette @beachgal how long did it take to get the feeling back in the lateral side of the thigh? And to lose that painful, itchy, tingly feeling?
I have a big yellow lab and his tail is a lethal weapon,, my goodness when he whacks that side of my leg?? It about takes me down. I tell him no :no-fin: but that's like telling someone not to breathe.. He can tell I am better, too. He jumps into the bed to wake me and get me up each morning, after my surgery he left me alone for the first 3 weeks and now, for the past 2 days he is back to his tricks to get me up and moving.

My goal is to continue to be cautious and thankful for this chance to rehab and heal. The meditation comes easier and easier. I was typing away here at the dining room table and I heard a bird chirping, looked out the window to find a seat little bird sitting in the shrub in front of the window. Stopped typing and just enjoyed watching him flex his feathers and peck around in the branches.. that small 2 minutes helped my shoulders relax and slow my breathing.
It's the little things. I hope all of my BS buddies are doing well, because as you all know---- We've got this!!
:loveshwr::loveshwr::happydance::happydance::dancy::dancy:
 
Yaay, @CricketHip! It sounds like you're doing wonderfully! OUCH about the doggy tail. They can be so strong and painful, can't they?
Sending continued good vibes and I hope you have a terrific weekend. :flwrysmile:
 
Hello there @CricketHip! It is so wonderful to hear how well you are doing. Sitting there listening to birds chirping sounds so relaxing and mesmerizing. It is those little things that brings a smile to ones face, isn't it? And good for you for recognizing that you may have overdid it yesterday and applied preventative measures.
I actually don't remember any numbness, but the itching and burning sensation (more burning than anything, in the incision area only) lasted about 5-6 weeks (could've been less). Then, I woke up one morning and it was gone! Actually there was a burn in my thigh for quite a while. I just thought it was due to all the PT...exercising those muscles that hadn't been used in months. I still have a slight burn in the thigh muscle, just above the knee, but it is finally disappearing. There are days that I don't feel it at all, though, but not any 2 days in a row. I do plan on another massage next week, which should help.
That is such a great idea to have your hubby keep tabs on your gait. I try to be very conscious of my gait. Even now, I still catch a little hitch in my giddle. That's when I slow down and walk a little more deliberately. And, it's great that you are actually forgetting your cane. Another mile stone accomplished!
I hope you have a wonderful day, my friend, and keep up the fantastic recovery!
 
@CricketHip, good morning! I'm envisioning your smile broadening with each passing day as your body continues to heal and amaze you! My Daddy always loved watching the cardinals outside the kitchen window and throughout my recovery, I would see them and feel his presence and support. He's been gone many years but those little red birds always calm me!

I think I still had some numbness for about a month or so but it left so gradually, I don't remember it being a momentous event. Watch out for that strong doggie tail but isn't it nice to have animal confirmation that you are getting well?? Love that. Banjo was so careful around me the first few weeks but when he felt comfortable getting up in the bed with me, I knew he sensed that I was getting back to normal.

We're expecting another glorious day in south MS. We never have this many autumn-like days but have been blessed with two weeks of amazing weather. Hope you can let the sun shine on your beautiful face today!

❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal Thanks for the report on the lateral thigh numbness and tenderness.. and oh my gosh! You are like a ray of sunshine! I swear you've warmed up our day here..
And yes I will be outside in the sunshine soon.. loving my daily walks. I feel so free! well, at least for 4 blocks, anyways. haha
 
Hi what a great recovery you are having xx

I still have that funny numbness stingy burny feeling in my thigh. But sometimes it just goes, then comes back again. Weird it is. I seem to get more of a burning on my outer thigh after lying on my side, but only on the right side. My left side has never really had any pain. Assume there was more soft tissue and muscle stretching damage on the right.

Just shows how THR can be so different from one hip to another.

Have a great day xx
 
Just getting caught up with your recovery and it sounds like you are coming along famously! I remember walking around in the house and suddenly realizing I'd left my cane in the other room. Your brain sometimes knows what to do before we do! So I'm 10 weeks and still have numbness and kind of a bruised feeling on the outside of my thigh. I saw my OS at 8 weeks and he again said completely normal and it will go away. I did some googling and found one site out of Columbia MO that said with anterior approach there are some nerves that are affected that are not with posterior and that's what can cause that sensation. They said 6 months or more to go away. I'm hoping for less, but really it's nothing compared to the pre-op pain, am I right? Right now I have to think about how to activate that muscle area when doing step ups or squats, but holy cow I can do step ups! It's all good and I wish you continued positive steps forward.
 
@CricketHip, I must have been having a senior moment yesterday. I erroneously posted a response to your thread that was intended for Plum Perfect. Sorry! :whistle:
 
@DeepBreath
lol,, I noticed that post and couldn't decide whether it was for me with Plu's name by mistake or vice versa.. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom