THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legin Please tell me more about your experience with gabapentin?
 
Errrr. Its not easy will pm you if you don't mind.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning @CricketHip! Hope you are doing well this morning. I realized last night that you said you were on Lyrica. I am taking the Neurontin form of Gabapentin, which is probably why I don't have the side effects you mentioned. I have been taking it for about 3 years now. Are you on Lyrica because of the surgery or for other reasons?
I hope the spoiling is back on track today. What a gorgeous day we are having! Enjoy my friend!
 
@Nana757 hello! It was a wonderful day here! I have a big old fashioned house with a big covered porch out front. I packed a bag with my goodies and navigated downstairs and sat there for most of the afternoon. the dog really enjoyed it and I think the dappled sunshine was very good for me.
Thank you for your interest in my Lyrica.. I am taking it for my neck and arm pain, of all things. I get the radiculopathy and this time it's bad enough to be affecting both arms at once. My right hand is especially affected and it's hard for me to write legibly and I am not very legible even on a good day! So, I am on a low dose and the Dr is hoping it helps and that I won't need to up the dosage. Good news is that between the meds and my resting and staying off the computer while in bed, I think I'm feeling some improvement!
The good news is that my hip is progressing right along. I am still on one cane in the house. I can go without the cane if Im doing little things in one room and it's very comfortable.
One of my very good friends dropped by today and walked me... that cracks me up--like I'm a poodle! Was able to do a full block. then I rewarded myself with some ice packs and a nice nap.
Her 10 year old daughter was so disappointed that because of school she couldn't visit so my friend dropped her off to do her homework and keep me company on the front porch while she did her grocery shopping. It was great. I love that age, she's the same age as my oldest grandson... plus some groceries were picked up for me, too.

I am able to get into the shower much easier, I think that I could eliminate the transfer chair, but I may keep it longer simply because the thought of falling on the metal railings makes me cringe.
Let's see, making my bed is easier to do, I have been doing that since like day 7. I can sweep the kitchen floor with a broom and dust pan. I am enjoying getting back to light housework.
The swelling and soreness is easing in the operated side's knee.. I can flex my knee to almost normal flexion and can actually go down a couple steps like normal. but am not pushing it, was just curious to see the ROM.
so! there's y progress and maybe I can post a picture of my porch.
[Bonesmart.org] My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip
[Bonesmart.org] My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip [Bonesmart.org] My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip
 
oops, three pics of the same. sigh
 
Oh @CricketHip what a great report and lovely photo of your porch. Your day today sounds lovely, I am so happy you enjoyed the sunshine and the meds are helping with your neck and arms. Thank goodness the hip is pain free, thank you for the update on your mobility, your ROM sounds great. It is so reassuring to see your improvement a week ahead of me, I would not have been able to spend the day sitting out on your porch no matter how lovely. I just woke up from my second nap! I look forward to using a broom and catching the dust bunnies that are piling up. I hope hubby is coming home to fix dinner and spoil you some. I'm sitting here with my current best friend :ice: I can't get enough of him lately. :flwrysmile:
 
@Plum Perfect
it's pretty amazing, I felt that way last week! I tried to sit on the porch and just couldn't do it. But this week? I am loving it! The porch is so nice, I can sit quietly and people will pass by without seeing me, but I can call out a quick hello and have a nice chat with a neighbor when desired. I feel like a queen, holding court. The ice is a lovely friend, for sure. Mine are doing their job even as I rest and type.
 
@CricketHip
It looks as though things are looking up for you. I sure hope so! Your porch is awesome and I just LOVE all the greenery around you! Here in the high desert, the only thing that's beautiful is the sky. Since moving here, I soooo miss the greenery and am soooo tired of the wind and the blowing dirt! I guess the plus side for many would be that we don't get snow and very little rain. However, since I LOVE the rain and SNOW, it's the pits! Always praying for you missy!
 
Chortle at Queen comment as long as I don't hear off with his head.
The porch looks grand and I'm green as it looks such a good place to watch the world go by.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip, what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! I just love homes like yours that have the beautiful big porches! Especially this time of year with the perfect fall weather and cooler temperatures.......ahhh......what a perfect way to spend a healing afternoon! :yes:
 
@CricketHip
Your front porch is one that I have dreamt about so many times. To be able to sit and watch the world go by, smell the fresh air, hear the birds chirping, is something I've always thought "that's what a perfect afternoon feels like"! Thank you for sharing the photo.
And I so agree about ice. It quickly became my best friend and used it, pretty much, 24/7 in the beginning stages of my recovery.
Have another lovely day Cricket!
 
Errrr. Its not easy will pm you if you don't mind.

Legin THR Sep 14

I am sorry! I missed your note here and am so glad you PM'd. Your input was very helpful. :loveshwr:
 
Nae probs I am but here to help.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I am enjoying a very lazy morning. I am in my cocoon propped up in bed, hubby brought me my hot tea and my granola bar with high protein.
He will come home for lunch and we will do the full block walk again. I am loving my routine for now.
I work hard and get so caught up in the day to day business details so this is a much needed time off. My only job now, is to heal and rehabilitate!
@Nana757 well, it's an older home so there is always something that needs attended to and it is expensive at times. My kitchen is old and tired. I have decided to just embrace it and go with the vintage look.. I even bought a working old fashioned phone to cement the theme. :heehee:
But the house has tons of windows and doors and the porch is a real treat. We have a lot of spur of the moment parties on Sunday nights We will be sitting there, the next door neighbor walks over with a couple beers, then his wife joins, then another neighbor, then another so we order pizza and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening on the porch. good times. Some nights we just pool our fridge resources, someone had hot dogs, we will have maybe 4 ham. patties ,, someone else has some potato salad.. it's so funny what we end up with.
Yesterday was the first day that I could handle sitting there for an extended time. It was very therapeutic.
I take a second chair cushion and make my chair sit higher and it's perfection!
 
Love your porch. I want an older home someday. Yes, they may not be perfect, but have so much more character. Sounds like you have great neighbors. Keep up your great progress!
 
Your neighborhood sounds just like what all neighborhoods should. Casual, friendly, impromptu gettogethers! And I'm very happy to hear you are still being spoiled by your loving hubby.
 
@CricketHip, your porch is a dream! How lovely! It sounds like you are doing so well. I love the sound of your Sunday evening spur of the moment parties. How fun! :)
I hope you are enjoying your day and are having sunshine so you can get out and take your walk.
Continued good wishes for your wonderful recovery, friend. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Cricket! Your porch looks like a perfect place to mend....nothing like fresh air and a comfortable view. Have another great day of healing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom