THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, @CricketHip! I'm so glad to hear that the 'crunchy' is gone when you pivot. It makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? :)
I hope your chills and shaking subside very soon. I hate thinking of you laying there at 2:00 am enduring that. I'll be winging extra healing vibes your way that they're gone pronto.
Keep up the great work, friend. :)
 
Hi Deep! I just wrote you on your page.. haha Hey, good deal on the healing vibes and I will send some your way, too!! good bye rash! You sound so good. :)
 
@Nana757
I am so glad that your massage was good! So your Massage Envy had high pricing? I am guessing they are using their sales pitch of having you sign up for a membership to get their lower prices?
 
Hi @Legin Master of Obvious.. lol thanks! Is your wife feeling better today? If she is then that means you are feeling better and she doesn't have to fret as much! You asked earlier about sleep. What's that? hahaha
I sleep in fits and starts,, the problem is the chills and sweats. I am a mess by 2 am. But the best sleep seems to arrive after 3:30 until 7:30 or 8. Not too shabby.

I had that, too. I felt like the meds gave me hot flashes and affected my sleep. I was on tramadol and percoset. They numbed the pain, though. That was more important to me. I was able to sleep from 2:00 a.m. until about 7:30. That all wore off, with time. Now it's just a faded memory.

It almost seemed like the meds threw me into menopause. I hadn't had any hot flashes or problems sleeping. Well, not in general. Once I was off the meds, my normal sleep patterns returned.

I also shake when I'm given novacane. (sp.?) My body fights it. My dentist said that it's the dopamine. He said that people who are very very healthy often react this way.
 
Day 11! And all is well!!
Ok, I have an issue, but it is on the opposite side. The medial side of my right knee is killing me. A white hot pain when I first start walking. I tend to hyperextend that knee when babying the left side and thought I was on top of it, I guess not. So I started with a good deep massage to the entire area and pulled on a knee brace and will see how it responds.
I am walking 30% of the time now with just the cane. As soon as I feel the limping return I go back to the walker.
The extra jaunts up and down the stairs caused no soreness or increase in swelling.
The lovely night chills and sweats are still with me. I just view it as another sign that my body is working hard to heal me up.
I feel really great, the only bummer today is the right knee and the hard, driving rain that eliminates any chances of a walk outside.
The wind gusts are pretty intense, too. Hubby forgot to pull the umbrella out of our large glass table and the wind torqued the umbrella enough that it shattered the glass. He was a bit grumpy this morning out there trying to sweep and pick up all of the shards. :blackcloud:
 
@CricketHip - oh those pesky knees! I had my right hip done, but I swear my hip problems are because my "good leg", the right side, was protecting my bad left knee all these years. I am having a knee evaluation next appt with my OS, maybe you and I will be on the post-op forums for knee replacement next year!
 
hahaha @LaylaHips that's better! my knees haven't been a problem in the past and I am hoping it's my bad habits with the walker and left hip.. I'm sorry your knee is painful, lets hope for an easy fix!!
 
It seems there's pro and cons in the Bonesmart threads. Many OS's agree its fine and many physio's saying not.
Josephine's view was:
"So, putting on my lateral thinking nurse's hat, I figured that is must be something to do with external rotation and the kick.... The combination of these two manoeuvres would fairly closely simulate the movement employed when we dislocate a hip during surgery"

I searched Bonesmart for "breaststroke josephine" to find the whole thread.
 
good searching @copsham! I would err on the side of caution, myself. thanks for the information. :)
 
Well, a good day, here. ?The rain has stayed away for most of the day. I got to walk twice, outside! It' was windy and very chilly but it was also invigorating.
My husband is firing up the grill and will grill steaks and we have some mashed potatoes in the fridge.. add some steamed broccoli and we have ourselves a great meal! It's kind of fun to cozy up in my chair and have him doing the work.. shhhhhh! Don't tell him I said so!
 
Dinner sounds great, especially your husband preparing everything. I haven't been very hungry yet and so far have half my dinner for lunch. I didn't get outside today, after my shower I was so tired I crawled into bed and slept for two hours, I missed my Tramadol and was fine when I woke up and thought about not taking it but everything is going so well I decided not to risk it. @CricketHip you are doing so well it is amazing what a difference a week makes. My girls are being so good and are such great company for me. I'm doing a load of laundry, one of the main reasons is to was my TED hose, as soon as I started it I realized that I had dropped one - I have a front loader so I can't add it and will have to do another load. Fog brain still working over time.

Enjoy your great dinner and get a good night's sleep. The road to recovery is sweet.
 
I had some knee pains when I first stood up with first surgery. I think to just our muscles all realigning themselves . It is strange we will have to "teach" ourselves how to walk normally again. Sorry you are still having the hots and colds. I have had that both times. Last night it was so cold I just snuggled in and slept really well and missed the hot flashes some how. It so nice when you can finally sleep. I think At about 4 weeks I was finally so relaxed I couldnt wait to sleep. It was great. Sounds like you are doing well @CricketHip. My husband grilled chicken breast and veggies the other night. Even though I'm cleaning up a little and doing a little in the kitchen, I sat and waited to be waited on and did not feel the least bit guilty. It was great. I may never get this treatment again.
 
Doodles,,this is true! We very well might not get this treatment again. hahaha The dinner was cooked to perfection. Now I am back under my wool blankie in "the chair."
I have given the"good leg" and knee some thought and remembered the PT staff telling my mom to only walk in her supportive shoes at first. (after her THR) So today I have left them on and it's helping. It's definitely from my body trying to adjust to a different gait and it's the adductor muscles on the right leg that are pinging me.
Plum Perfect, can't you just hand wash the one TED stocking? :( I am so lucky, I didn't have to wear them.
You are doing so well all on your own!
 
@CricketHip, Yum, Yum re: your dinner. That sounds fabulous. :)
So sorry to hear about the patio table. The wind is absolutely insane here on the east coast!
Sending good wishes that soon the gait issue will be sorted. I know I'll be working hard to undo those compensatory habits I've taught myself over the years.
Have a good night. Sending chill free vibes your way. :)
 
Hi my little chickadee! I can't believe I'm not getting alerts for you and a couple others I follow...so very frustrating! I can't believe you're still getting those chills. I can't relate because I'm ALWAYS hot. Your recovery seems to be going well, except for a couple of glitches you've encountered. When is your next OS appointment? I really related to the fact that you had no pain when twisting. How awesome is that?!?! I'm happy hubby is spoiling you rotten...I guess this surgery does have a few benefits that make recovery just a tad easier (shhh...take full advantage of it, as long as you can)! I'm praying for you every single day!!!!
 
Hi @CricketHip , been a while but I've caught up at last :). The knee sounds unpleasant, I'm hoping it just proves to be the collateral ligament complaining after either your gait changes or surgical jiggery-pokery. Fingers crossed it will ease with time and it's a nice simple fix that doesn't impede your recovery. Glad to see you are being spoilt rotten, long may it continue - you have weeks of pampering at least and not to mention all the new shoes you will need so you don't mess up your hip with ones worn to your old pattern of walking (hint hint :yes!:)

Have a great recovery day
 
Sorry about the pain lass but I agree its redajustment of the rest of your body to areas that have worked the wrong way. Yum yum at food. Last night I was working till eight so just made comforting macca cheese, num num

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip just catching up.Sorry about the knee pain but I agree with everyone else in that the pain comes from you realigning your gait after walking out of alignment for so long due to pain.I am sure given time it will sort itself out.I remember having lots of different and unexpected aches and pains in the first few weeks with my first hip.I am not worrying this time as the Xrays have been fine.Your dinner sounds lovely and I agree that you should make the most of it.My hubby is currently preparing a prawn and avocado salad the ingredients selected by me to aid movement of another kind.Have a great healing day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom