My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Vetgirl Thanks for the advice on the timing of the probiotics.
I hadn't thought about that, but it makes perfect sense.
I started taking half a Fiber pill a day, too . (Half because the bottle scared me by saying there
is danger of choking if you don't take it with enough water. grrr.)

Hi @teakea66 Thanks for stopping by and giving me good cheer.
It is ten days away now...... the countdown for me begins tomorrow.
:flwrysmile:
 
Wow! Only 10 days away! Where has the time gone? I will be praying that you have peace and a successful THR! :)​
 
Thank you! I came across it when looking for Easter crafts for the little ones. I thought it was too cute!
 
@MajorHeidi..........Wow your time is growing close, I know that my last two weeks flew by so fast that I thought I was going to have to move my date as I still had so much last minute stuff at work to do. I know it will go by fast for you, especially when a pain free future is on the horizon. Keep us posted, will be thinking of you.....
 
Wow, I got good news today from work.
My OS had told me I should be able to return to desk job in 3 weeks. My jaw hit the floor in worry and disbelief.
Today I got my Short Term Disability certification from work and he had cleared me for 12 weeks off.
:yay::yay::yay:
 
Wow... @MajorHeidi that is great but early. If I was you I would take a bit longer if you can....you might find your energy isn't back to what it was.

Just throwing in my 5 cents worth
 
@MajorHeidi I saw my os today and we decided, together, that I will return to work on April 21st for 3 hours a day. The following week I will go back full time (6 hours). I am the director of a before and after school program for an elementary school and I have the flexibility to sit, stand, walk or hide in my office and ice, if need be. I am taking advantage of my accumulated sick leave but to tell you the truth I think I could return next week if I had to.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@teakea66 That sounds like a good phased approach to going back to work. Good.... :SUNsmile:
@Vetgirl The weimariner on the left is Heidi (normal greyish color); the weimariner on the right is Major who is
a less seen 'Blue' one.
ala my name: MajorHeidi :puppysmooze:
 
Ahh....I thought the blue one looked like a Weimaraner but I've never seen that color. They are beautiful dogs....you must love them so much....I see my dog Oscar tomorrow !!!!! :yay::puppysmooze::yay:

@take66. That's fantastic that you can go back on reduced hrs and have a choice of duties. Well donedone
 
It's been a long time because I've been so self-involved, but I just wanted to add my good wishes for a successful, easy, uneventful surgery & recovery. You are well prepared, whether you know it (or feel it) or not, and will most likely emerge feeling great. I truly don't remember major pain at all (except when I was first in the recovery room & they couldn't find a place to re-install my IV, which was coming out!); after that, whatever they gave me worked. It's been 9 weeks now & I don't think I've taken a painkiller in a month, except for Tylenols. I have NO hip or hip-related pain at all. I'm still struggling with my numb foot, but that's an entire other issue that was an unfortunate by-product & will hopefully resolve.

So... Just figure you're really no different than most of us mere mortals who were all equally terrified, & if we got through it fine, so will you!! It's just "getting there" that's so difficult. The next 9 days will fly... Take a deep breath -- you're almost there. All the very best.

Ellen
 
Thank you Ellen @shrinkette !
I appreciate your guidance and confidence building.
I am relieved to hear your hip pain is gone and you no longer need the pain meds.
I sure hope your numb foot issue resolves itself as soon as possible for you.
I always enjoy your posts and your thread. :friends:
 
Your waiting is so close to over, the last week of waiting seemed to go on and on for me!

Be good to yourself, and feel relieved the date is coming near !
 
@MajorHeidi...Been thinking about you!!! Wanted you to know today I took my first long car ride to see my Mom!!!! My daughter drove. I have been in the car...little trips. The hard part is sitting upright..ugh still a little stiff.. My Mom was amazed. I think she thought I would be crawling...lol...Yep up the steps I went and without a cane. And I never used the walker, I had one but the cane was fine. I use the cane more for support, although it really is wise to use it in the beginning just to keep the weight off your leg. I can reach my foot now...putting on a sock is still a little hard. Just use your good leg to lift your operated leg. It comes in really handy!! Your first two weeks.. for me anyway will be the hardest. All you can do is rest you'll see. I think I know every tv channel there is LOL...Make these last couple days good ones. Don't dwell on the surgery as hard as it is. That day you will just get up go to the hospital and they will be waking you up saying its over. I won't dare lie to you I was not a happy camper when I got home. Had many a sobbing moments..:boohoo: It was good to have everyone around me reminding me of what I just went through. I was going to return to work this coming monday but I decided to do one more week home. Just dont feel really strong yet. I guess I will see what next week brings. Still taking the pain medicine just to keep comfortable. And don't feel one bit guilty when you get home and just want to sit and ice. I got up and did what I could and then down again and it was amazing how long I could sit. Your body will need that healing time. Take it. This is week number four and although sore and stiffness I can see how far I have come. Pretty soon you will join this club. Relax..Don't worry..and you will see how strong you really are...Peace and hugs to you. :SUNsmile:
 
@Doyle and @chaseyboy Thanks both of you for sending along your well wishes. I appreciate it!
This site has helped calm me so much.
Not to say that some posts aren't terrifying as well.
But, all in all, I am glad I am here and I am looking forward to April 10 and getting on with my life.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
I hope to achieve what you have ! :friends:
 
@MajorHeidi I love your beautiful dogs. Just wanted you to know that I am rooting for you and I know you will do great. You are very well prepared. This site helps so much. We go into this surgery knowing so much more than others who don't have access to all this information. Every time something happens, I can come on here and see that I'm not alone! That is so important. I can't wait to follow your recovery.:angel:
 
:friends:
Hi Debbie!
@Dmcfad2 I was just posting your thread at the same time, saying mostly the same thing back at you!
Thanks so much!
Keep me in your thoughts, as I will do with you. :yes!:
 
@MajorHeidi Just wanted to pop over to your thread and say hi and let you know that I am keeping up with you, ladybug!! Can't wait to see you on the wonderful other side as a new hipster!! 6 days and counting!!
 
@mystikfairy61 Donna Thanks for the support. I need it!
Just picture US wearing those leopard jammies with the cute kitty with the bell.
:heehee:
Counting down.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom