MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

I wonder if mine is loose but my neither my original surgeon nor my second opinion surgeon will look past my X-ray “that looks fine”.
 
Has anyone ever recommended a ct scan? My new OS saw on the xray that the patella was off-center and ordered the CT scan.
 
No, no further tests have been offered. I am very close to looking into a third opinion, but having trouble trusting a third doctor.
 
It will be the only way to get to the bottom of it Jockette. This was my 3rd OS.The first messed it up. I look at the “ internal rotation “ as being crooked. I should have fired him sooner than I did. Being crooked means it was that way from the beginnning. He put it in that way. My next OS didn’t see the off-center patella on the X-ray. Same X-ray to all 3 OS. The 3rd noticed it immediately. So you must persevere, or you will never know. Only you can determine if you want to live your life as is, or search out help to get to the bottom of it. You know you say you don’t like confrontation, look at it this way, you must be your own advocate. No one else knows what you deal with or feel or what your limitations are. So think of it as not a confrontational issue, but just you explaining what is going on with your body. The search for the right OS who will listen is key but also their thoughts and opinions tell you if they are on the same page as you. You give us all emotional support, and we are hear for you.:cheers:
 
4 days post op and feeling really good. Pain is under control with hydrocodone and gabapetin. Living in ice and elevating all day/night. Appetite ok, last time I didn’t have one for weeks. I have a slight bend, which for me is more than before. PT starts Tuesday. Sleeping in 4-hour blocks. I’ll take it. All in all, I am happy so far that i am working on recovery and no hiccups, yet!
 
So happy you are recovering well too! You are my recovery buddy! I don’t plan on doing anymore formal PT, but please share with me what they have you do. [emoji4]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Desertgal, you sound like you are doing great! I think I am going to refuse the Gabapentin. Do you find it helpful?
 
5 days post op. Look how pretty!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My 2nd Journey Begins
    6C5DD941-CB46-48A0-BA0A-5E294540D617.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 261
I am 1week post op. Had my first PT session today. I’m very pleased with my therapist and the plan she has for me. My ROM pre surgery was 20 degrees. Yes I said 20. I was a peg leg and had no bend AT ALL! Today I measured 55. OMG, I am so excited. And that was measured just what I could do, no pushing. PT gave me 8 exercises to do at home to work on ROM 2x each day. Second session is Thursday morning. I will see how everything feels in the morning before I decide if exercising will be done Wednesday. @Hood1980, today’s session was just discussing my surgery, warmth applied to my thighs, a few exercises totally controlled by me, then a light massage and ice for the road. I believe it was very beneficial to have done the 6 weeks pre-surgery PT. It gave me a jump start. I’ve been icing and elevating all afternoon. Will also long into the night. Tomorrow will be a big test, how does my new knee reac? I will let you know. Have a good evening everyone.
 
PT gave me 8 exercises to do at home to work on ROM 2x each day.
This is WAY too much and WAY too early.

It’s not exercising that gets our range of motion back, it’s Time:

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle,
and Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Exercise as in strength training is counter-productive and in the early weeks does more harm than good. Normal activity is the key to success.
 
@Jockette , I guess I should have detailed the exercises. Some are as simple as an ankle pump. They are not excessive. They are no different than walking to the kitchen and back. I have learned enough going thru my first experience and reading BoneSmart stories that 1) I know I can say no, and 2) I know time is my friend. I am in total charge of my recovery and I like it this way. I have a team who listens to me as much as I like to hear from them. We’ve got a good plan but I clearly understand the consequences if I am not in charge. Been there done that!
 
Oh good, I panicked for you when I saw 8 exercises twice a day!
 
I am currently taking Hydrocodene Bitartrate 5/325, 1 every 4 hours. I think the 325 relates to the amount of acetaminophen in the Hydrocodene? If yes, that is the amount to consider in determining additional Acetaminophin I can take? I would prefer taking Tylenol rather than more Hydrocodene. Thoughts?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom