Guest viewing is limited

MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

@Desertgal, I believe you are correct regarding the 325 representing the amount of Acetaminophen. Did you happen to google the med? That’s how I got confirmation of mine during those early weeks.
 
Thanks @NavyGunns . Yes, that is how I am interpreting what I found out on Google. I’m just a little nervous when it comes to meds. But, at 4am, that is all we got, right?
 
@Desertgal, 4 am, 1 am, 11 pm Saturday night, etc! As you are aware, you’ll become familiar with all the hours of the clock these first few weeks. Google, YouTube, Bonesmart, and nonsensical games were my friends and life savers during those weeks.
 
I am 2 weeks post up today. I had PT session #3 today and had my post op with OS yesterday. Waterproof bandage was removed. Scar looks great, no longer than first. I am at 65 degrees Flexion now and am so happy! Sleeping blocks are getting longer. I had a 5 hour block last night. Everything about this revision has been so positive so far. My energy level improves each day. Hope to get outside next week to start walking program. First round, down to the end of the driveway and back. I continue to have a positive attitude about my outcome, but also realistic of what my ultimate success will be.
 
@Desertgal. Happy to hear you are doing well, especially the parts about sleeping well and the scar being no longer than the first. I’m 5 weeks post op and have not had a 5 hour stretch of sleep yet and my scar is a couple inches longer than the first, but we are not suppose to compare. [emoji6] take care.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hello all, I haven’t posted in a while. Today is 4 weeks post-op. PT measured me at 73 flexion. I’ll take it! Sleep is getting better and better. 6 to 7 hours before the stiffness wakes me up and I need to get up and walk around. I have reduced my Norco down to 2 per day, 8:00 pm and 2:00 am. Tylenol works for the remainder of the day. I continue to take small walks during the day; outside down to the end of the block and back. It’s not a marathon, but really feels good getting outside and working on my gait. I have walked so bad for so long, there is a lot of re-training needed. I am very pleased where I am today, six months ago I never thought I would walk normally again. Now at least I am moving in the right direction. I continue to have hope that it will only keep getting better!
 
What a great report for a month post op! No, it isn’t a marathon, but even marathoners have to train and your short walks are just that, training your new knee.
 
Hello BoneSmart friends! It’s been awhile and a lot has happened so it is time for me to give an update. To day is 7 weeks post revision surgery. I had my 6-week check up last week and OS was not happy with ROM of 76. His concern was, with my history of adhesions, I was going down that path again. He recommended (and I agreed) to a MUA. So, on 11/7 I had the MUA. He also started me on a 7 day treatment of Methylprednisolone (prednisone) to get control of the swelling after the MUA. He ordered me to be sitting and elevating/icing except for brief trips to bathroom or kitchen. I have been to PT, but only stretching has been allowed. For me, all of this has been the right decision. Today, I measured 102 ROM! I can walk up stairs foot over foot, I can sit in a chair with both feet flat on the floor. I can ride in the car with my feet flat on the floor. I have finally done a full revolution of the bike! 2 months ago, I never thought this would be possible! I am so thankful for my revision surgeon and his knowledge and advise that has kept me on my forward progress. I had a MUA with my original surgery, but I did not see any progress after it was done. This time, it felt different from the recovery room. I felt the release of the pressure at the top of my knee. There was minimal bruising. I did go back on the Norco, until I see the OS again on Thursday. We will see what his plan is after that. I am over the moon about where I am at in this journey. But, I am also realistic that the journey is not over. I am just so glad to have the team I have!
 
Hello fellow BoneSmarties!! Time to give an update on my journey. I am 9 weeks out from my revision surgery. I measured 111 flexion today. Still not straight on extension, but continue to work on it. I continue to be amazed at my progress. Today at pt, I was put on the up-right bike for the first time and was able to make full rotations. Prior to today, I was always on the recumbent bike. It seemed a little more difficult, but I feel like another progression. Tomorrow I see my OS, I hope he is as pleased as me. This past 13 months has been such a struggle for me and my family, and I never thought I would walk normal again. But I am! And the look on my Hubs face when I give him the full report from pt. I can see a little more worry leave him. We both are beginning to feel we have REALLY made it to the other side! And still have room to go! For those of you just starting your journey, keep the faith. It does get better. Sometimes, it is not a straight line. I know my journey is still “happening “, but now I have more to celebrate then before. I appreciate every accomplishment big or small.
 
I'm so happy for you @Desertgal! What a journey you have had - I'm glad you found a great revision surgeon to get you back to a good place. I expect the extension will come over time. Kneerah!! for you. :happydance::yay::loveshwr:
 
You are doing great for being just a little over 2 months! That extension will come with more you walk. Try lengthening your stride. That's what helped to bring mine in. That and time.
 
Hi BoneSmart friends. An update on my progress. I am 11weeks post op today and was measured at 113 degrees flextion today. I returned to part time work last week. 4 hours a day, only twice a week. That will be my schedule until mid-January when I must go full time. Hubs got me a recumbent bike as an early Christmas gift and use it every day. Right now 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the afternoon. Working to increase that time. I can now sit at dinner with my feet on the ground and at work with my feet under the desk. I still have the option at work to elevate and ice, if necessary. Almost off all meds. Norco only 2 per day now, and Tylenol when needed. It has taken longer to get off the Norco, due to mild withdrawal issues. I’m sleeping 8 hours every night, up only to take a pill and/or visit the bathroom. To all who are just starting this journey, find the best surgeon; find a PT that works with you and not against you; keep a positive attitude; have the support of those around you. And just know, it does get better. I still have hope there is more progress to be made and continue working to achieve what ever number I can. I never thought I could get this far, so every achievement here on out is a gift! Merry Christmas to all!!:tree2;:box::reindeer:
 
@Desertgal, great progress report! Your outlook on your progress and approach to recovery have made and will continue to make a significant difference in the end result! Improvement continues will into your first year. I’m just coming up on 8 months and still see signs of gradual improvements. Zingers are not as frequent, stiffness not as bad, etc. I never thought I’d make it to this point and have to keep reminding myself that this takes a full year, sometimes more.
 
I'm enjoying the updates, Desertgal. Keep them up.
Coincidentally, our surgery dates (and State) are the same. And, I'm also seeing steady improvement.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom