Yes our healthcare systems are very different! Even GPs in the US though are afraid to prescribe any type of pain meds. A true travesty for them that are in need of it!
@Irish471 Yes, my lateral portion is numb as well. (??) And sharp, burning pain in the medial side. I wonder why?
It would be interesting to get a copy of the surgical report. Never thought of doing that. I feel a little better tho knowing that might be more common. I thought maybe something was wrong in the medial side. It truly feels like a shark bit into my leg.
I’m SO thankful that my surgeon stuck to his word though and did no scraping with this left knee arthroscopic. It’s actually been feeling better than I had expected it to feel one week out.
@Jockette my very first surgeon “attempted” a lateral release on me as well when he did the arthroscopic. Never even knew that until the MRI I had done before my second surgery which pointed that out. Weird. And wrong.
Small Update: PT came today. Again some gentle stretching. Gaining a tad more ROM. Went outside with the walker today for the first time with PT. The sun and light breeze felt like heaven on earth.
Doing well with small steps, heel toe and good extension on heel strike. I am having problems bending on the swing through, but that's because Im still in pain and of course, its super duper tight. But, overall, I feel pretty proud of that only 1 week out.
Doing good balancing between walking, light stretching, icing and elevating.
The pain is still there when I move, try to get in and out of bed, etc.. but at least I am close to pain free when I am icing and elevating. Last week, even that was unbearable. I'll be honest, last week was BRUTAL for me but thankfully... I'm moving forward slow and steady!
