THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like everything is going great for you @muckingabout! You are about 1.5 weeks ahead of me, but I have the 90-degree restriction (and I feel it). Every time I do my PT I detect greater flexibility. At my 6-week check up, my OS did x-rays and doodled my leg around, said no need for 3 or 6 months check-in, so long and see you in a year. At this point, the patience thing is so hard for me as progress is incremental and slow, as opposed to whiz-bang. And it's a lot of work. I chuckled when you said never tell your PT what a good day you are having - I got me a real taskmaster this time and he works me really hard. I love it!
 
So. If a PT asks you if an exercise is easy and you say yes, he can make you:

Do it while standing one one foot
While holding a medicine ball
While standing on a balance board
Adding a knee lift.


I think they are getting a kick out of pushing me. We're taking a break after this week to continue at home and follow up later.
 
@muckingabout I am amazed you can do all that! Personally, I am taking your post away as a reminder to never say an exercise is easy!! Happy to hear you are doing so well :)
 
@muckingabout Glad to hear you are doing so well. I can only imagine that PT is still beneficial and you are not feeling any downside to any of these activities? Is the balance board one of those Indo Balance boards? a different kind that is not sensitive?
 
@grnplatebrd @beachgal Hey! Chugging along here. Working away. Planning the wedding. We booked the venue last night. Working on my range of motion, and my walking distance. I could go quite far back when I was using the cane, but I get sore if I go more than a block or so in a row -- mostly groinish pain. Not enough to break out the tylenol though. I just need to work on my endurance.

I can do any kind of errands I like -- even stacking them back to back (I went to Trader Joe's today after going to Wegman's to pick up a prescription). I can park anywhere I want. I can backtrack in the store if I forget something without wanting to cry.

Trying to think what else. Things are getting pretty normal. Still a lot of numbness around my incision area, but that seems to be fading. My next checkup in November 9.

I try to pop in now and then to encourage the newbies, but you know how it is -- the more time that passes, the less it defines you:)

How's everyone else doing?
 
:goodpost:@muckingabout Great to see you doing so well and are able to get on with most things in life normally. It must feel wonderful to be able to get a few errands done! Keep up the great work.
 
Agree, @muckingabout, that it doesn't define our every moment after so many weeks. I'm moving ahead pretty well, too. I had a bit more pain earlier this week after our fun days at the beach but all has settled down now and I'm back to feeling good! Massage yesterday was heaven.

Glad the wedding plans are moving forward. We all know how quickly time passes and it will be here before you know it! What a fun event to anticipate! Also good to see you back on the board. Just checking on you...
 
Oh here was a weird/annoying thing from yesterday. My incision was itchy, but also numb, so when I scratched it, I couldn't feel it, so it stayed itchy.
 
@muckingabout When my incision does that I just gently run the palm of my hand up and down it, satisfies the itch without damage. To my knowledge, I had no drain and had dissolvable stitches yet I seem to a bit a of a deep scab on each end. Otherwise, clean & pink.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread
What a fun milestone to reach, @muckingabout!
[Bonesmart.org] Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread
 
I'm trying out my dance moves next weekend at BF's son's wedding. Yikes!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok, girls, @Carriemay60, @CanukTriMom, @muckingabout, I'm just going to let the music move me!! No twerking, I'm sure but can't promise what else!! We're heading out on the 7-hr drive tomorrow and have dinner plans with nephew and his wife. So excited!! Love my cute dress and heels but not sure if weather temps will allow me to wear it. Cooler than I'd planned but may not care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom