Guest viewing is limited

THR Muckingabout's THR Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about your reunion weekend and il tell you about our wedding weekend!!! It was SO fun!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal The drive was no problem at all and the reunion was a lot of fun. I met some close friends for dinner first. One came from Washington, one from Vermont and one from Maryland.

I went back to PT this week and they had me fill out an updated survey. I didn't realize that I had been standing for 4 hours at the reunion until I got to the survey question asking if I could stand comfortably for an hour.

Speaking of PT... They really ramped it up. Weight machines -- leg press and adductors. Walking lunges, and throwing a weighted ball at trampoline while standing on one leg.

I was a sweaty mess, but it was fun.
 
Good to read that you are enjoying your PT - doesn't sound like fun to me though... Ole lazy bones here just loves to walk.. Good for you @muckingabout :)
 
@muckingabout, your reunion weekend sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Nothing like spending time with old friends...:happydance:

I agree with @Poppet about your PT, it sounds pretty fierce! I'm not setting any exercise records with mine but I don't hurt, either, so I'm pretty happy with where I am now. We're vacationing in Asheville, NC next week for a few days and are planning to hike just a few easy trails along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll see how it goes, I may have to opt for an afternoon at a bistro with some wine and a football game! :heehee:
 
Hi @beachgal - so glad recovery is going well!! I was in asheville this year and loved it...we hiked chimney Rock (gorgeous) and some on the blue ridge pkwy. The pkwy is a magnificent drive in itself!! a must do!!
 
@CanukTriMom, @toohip, agree on the NC mountains! We've been there a few times but it's been several years. The autumn colors in the deep south this year have been amazing so I'm really looking forward to being there again, even the long drive up will be lovely.

@muckingabout, keep slaying those dragons! :heehee:
 
@muckingabout It sounds like you are doing well, with returning to PT and your reunion. Pretty great activities to be involved with. Are you buying any tickets to concerts? :)
 
So, I haven't checked in for a while. I still marvel every day at what I can do. This past weekend I went to a college production of Sweeney Todd on Friday night. Saturday I went to Target, Kohl's, a Rugby game and a went out to a club that night. Sunday we went to the mall.

Before surgery, I would have chosen one of these and been exhausted. My idea of going to the mall would be parking close to the single store I needed to go to.

The walk to the university theatre was about 75 yards which had been slow and painful prior to surgery. I'm just infinitely grateful every day.

I told my daughter that I feel like a superhero, but my superpower is walking.

How's everyone doing @beachgal @grnplatebrd @Carriemay60 @NoraJ @cthipster
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @muckingabout. Great to hear from you and such a great update. It's sounds like you've truly had a new lease of life!

I'm doing okay. .. my knees aren't happy but hopefully that will ease. I think for me in the back of my mind I know I'll have round 2 soon enough. I do envy those of you who have such a successful outcome. I think my journey is a longer one so I'm going to try and get into a positive head space and see where that takes me!

You sound like you're having a ball. Keep it up!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@muckingabout My goodness, you are getting busy! It seems to me that you have had a pretty ideal recovery; one that all hippies would wish for of course. Like @NoraJ says, all of our journeys are very different but no matter which path the positive outlook really determines doing it with grace and acceptance. Personally, I am doing okay. Plugging along a bit, now getting monthly injections of steroid and anesthetic in the knee to try to get that caught up to my hip! My hip hates to be as idle as my knee it seems :) I am so hopeful to get off these crutches before the snow flies ~ yesterday we had flurries all day but it didn't stick at all. Keep up the great work and stay in touch!
 
@beachgal @Carriemay60 @NoraJ @grnplatebrd

How goes it? I had my final ortho visit last week and he said, "Go put some miles on it!" Which is easy to do because I feel guilty if I go more than a day without working out. It's such a gift.

I tried Zumba today which was fun even though I'm dreadfully uncoordinated. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom