- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,904
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Wonderful news Morgan!
Yep, those strange zaps and zingers are fairly common, but can feel alarming in early recovery. I often felt like one odd sensation was quickly replaced by another! Glad to read you had some solid restorative rest, hopefully you slept well again last night.
Hope for the best, but be prepared for some ups and downs and IF you experience them, know that it's normal.
There can be inflammation fluctuations due to your activity level and on good days we can easily overdo it because we're feeling great...and anxious to get back to "normal". Those instances can lead to a trip to the dreaded ODIC (Over did It Club) Healing isn't linear, so good and bad days are normal.
The scribble below was consoling for me if I was having an off day.
Happy Weekend! I hope it's a good one.
@Morgan Le Fay
Yep, those strange zaps and zingers are fairly common, but can feel alarming in early recovery. I often felt like one odd sensation was quickly replaced by another! Glad to read you had some solid restorative rest, hopefully you slept well again last night.
Hope for the best, but be prepared for some ups and downs and IF you experience them, know that it's normal.
There can be inflammation fluctuations due to your activity level and on good days we can easily overdo it because we're feeling great...and anxious to get back to "normal". Those instances can lead to a trip to the dreaded ODIC (Over did It Club) Healing isn't linear, so good and bad days are normal.
The scribble below was consoling for me if I was having an off day.
Happy Weekend! I hope it's a good one.

@Morgan Le Fay
. Having read so many recovery stories, it seems to be a positive thing in a bizarre way. I guess you felt physically motivated to do more and that must mean you're emotionally stronger after all the stress of surgery. You'll be hanging up that crutch in no time 

doing so well! I'm pleased for you but take care of yourself. It's really great to hear you're managing so well without walking aids though. Exciting times
