Guest viewing is limited

THR Morgan Le Fay's Recovery

It's so great to see that familiar avatar once again, Morgan Le Fay!
Nice to hear from you. Glad you took the time you needed to regroup and make a brave decision to leave the familiar to make a career change into healthcare. I'm happy you're doing so well and excited for the changes you're facing. I wish you all the best!

Early Happy Ten Month Anniversary wishes! I hope you'll continue to check in periodically to let us know how your doing. Take good care! :)
 
Like a Phoenix rising from the Ashes... Pun kind of intended. Seriously though, how remarkable! I'm sorry that it sounds like you have been traversing life's potholes and no doubt suffered a few bruises along the way. What a transformation though! You have buckets full of compassion and I'm so pleased healthcare is going to be blessed with your involvement... So many stories on here of failings but every now and again we hear of people stumbling into someone who makes a real difference. I'm very confident that you are destined to be that person. What particular area of healthcare are you going for?

So happy to hear from you sounding so excited about the future and also that your new hip is serving you well :flwrysmile:
 
@Deni444
@Legseleven

Thanks Deni and Legseleven !!

I am applying to TAFE (do you guys have TAFE over there in the UK?) to do a 6 month course (starting Feb 2026) that will enable me to work as an Orderly or what's called a Patient Services Assistant. Just helping the nurses out and transporting patients to x-ray and so forth. Once I get a foot in the door I'll have other opportunities (hopefully) and I'm happy to start at the bottom. I've worked in corporate law for the past 15 yeas and it's such a competitive environment I really got sick of it. For now I'm happy to be at home and am a bit addicted to a car game haha so I'm keeping busy until enrolments open which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Hip is good these days. Still on 75mg of Lyrica daily for nerve pain and am feeling pretty good.
 
So pleased for you! That's such a significant role. I think we all have a memory of a particular auxiliary nursing staff member who made a real difference. They generally have a little more time to talk and are well placed to be a good patient advocate on a medical team. You'll be perfect! :elevate::dogsniff:
 
Hi and Happy Wednesday!
In the limited capacity we know one another here, you seem perfect for the role of a Patient Services Assistant. Patients should feel relaxed and comfortable given your friendly personality. I am sure engaging with you will make those that are a little anxious feel at ease. You should be great in this position!
All the best as you go through the process of beginning a new career.
@Morgan Le Fay
 
@Morgan Le Fay this retired Registered Nurse (40+ year career) applauds your career track. Having been either a patient or a caregiver is excellent preparation.
 
Hello friends !!

It's been one year now since my right THR so I wanted to give an update on how I am travelling.

I saw my surgeon on Monday (I had an XRAY done prior) and he was very happy with my hip, he said it is perfect and to just live life. I told him that I have been getting some pain outside of my hip recently and he explained that it is trochanter bursitis due to my iliotibial band (IT band) rubbing over the trochanter due to tightness which is not uncommon after hip surgery. He told me to do seated piriformis stretches three times a day with a heat pack on my hip and to use diclonefac gel afterwards. I have been religiously doing as he said and I am happy to report that all pain has gone. I have never felt better. I have not felt this good in years.

Also, I have been accepted into Swinburne to start my healthcare training so in Feb 2026 I will be embarking on a new career. I was a bit nervous because of my hip as the role will involve a lot of physical activity but my surgeon gave me the all clear so I am feeling good about it all now.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ash AKA Morgan
 
What an uplifting report!!! I’m so happy to hear how well you’re doing. You have an excellent surgeon who recognized that frequently there are soft tissue problems after a hip replacement and he knew what you needed. Bravo….a now on to a new career. Please let us hear from you every once in a while to now how things are going. You certainly have a bright future ahead. Thank you for providing hope to other BoneSmarties who may feel that all is lost because they need a new joint.
 
Happy One Year Anniversary, Ash! :wave:

I have not felt this good in years.
BRAVO!! Wonderful news!
Wishing you all the best in the chapter ahead. You will be an asset to the healthcare community with your bubbly positivity. Thanks for stopping by to share the good news. I'm very happy for you! :):thumb:
 
Hi everyone

I hope you are all well.

Before I jump in to check on how everyone is doing, I just want to provide an update on me.

It's been 1 year and 4 months now since surgery and I don't think about my hip most days now. I may get an ache if I ride my bike excessively but it generally goes quite quickly after a bit of rest.

I am doing my health course now and managed to get a job as an Orderly at a private hospital here locally. I start mid March. It's full training provided and I can study while I work.

Yours Truly
Morgan AKA Ash :loveshwr:
 
So great to hear from you, @Morgan Le Fay. I'm really happy to read you are doing so well.

Wonderful news about your progress on the career change, too. Life is good!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom