THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Up, showered using the funky antiseptic sponge. Managed to get a large glass of water down before the 2 hour cut-off. Frosty morning here in UK. Met OS and anaesthetist - sadly not Dr Wizard who I had last time, but he's got all my notes and is planning to repeat everything. Bad news is I won't be done till midday - so the promised early update will be somewhat delayed folks.
 
The good news is - he marked the right leg (or should I say left leg?)
Erm, by the way, those are my Bridget Jones Big Knickers which happen to be flesh coloured:heehee::sorry:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    image.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 260
So sorry your surgery got delayed. But believe me - that time will also pass quickly. My surgery was also delayed but I wheathered it out. Can you relax and enjoy reading something - or just follow up threads of other bonesmart fellows on the IPad or Smartphone or whatever you have - all the best - Constanze
 
LOL!! How big is that arrow!!

I saw a pic on social media of a message that a patient had written on their leg - "don't f&$; it up' hehehehee - hopefully his surgeon had a sense of humour.

I would love to draw a friendly little face or cartoon on my leg. However I would be concerned about the surgery being cancelled!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi ladies - gosh how tempting to draw on my leg. But think I'd better hold back! :sad:
@JMACCA - maybe he's got poor eyesight (scary thought)? :bolt:
@Constanze - thanks. There's heaps to try and distract me plus news on the TV what with the US elections. Was just all poised for much earlier. Can you tell just how keen I am?
STOP PRESS ..... The happy news is the anaesthetist's name is Dr Marvel.
How optimistic is that?:yahoo::happydance::yes!::loveshwr::ok::egypdance:
 
OMG!!! Does he wear a cape? Undies on the outside??

How glorious!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Adding my good wishes as well


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Waiting with bated breath! You look reasonably calm. You should be done by now (I think) and hoping you're feeling ecstatic that you are finally past both surgeries. Now it's just a matter of slow and steady and you'll be as good as new. Prayers, hugs and warming thoughts sent to you today! :friends:
 
Hope all is done and dusted and you are enjoying your first meal now. Take care!
 
Hello All. Well Dr Marvel seems to have lived up to his name. Sedation then spinal which I was aware of this time but was nothing to write home about truly. Recall nothing the till recovery room with the all too familiar log leg but otherwise comfortable. OS said all went well, though it was a bit of a messy joint, and all my Obs are fine. Am in need of a good sleep, which is not guaranteed as this unit is always busy but fun to watch all the activity - plus I'm nosy.
Hugs from Edward Scissorhands (AKA Muffet, Miss M)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 228
Yahoooooo! All done! So good to hear you are on the other side. Get some rest and ask for that ice if you need it!
 
@Miss Muffet So glad to hear from you. Been praying for you and hoping that you would be done sooner than later. Get your rest and yes keep asking for more ice. I did!
 
YAY!!! What a champ you are! I am so glad you are ok and on the other side.

Look forward to hearing all your stories - I am sure you will have plenty to tell us.

Rest and we hope to hear from you soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We have a medical emergency - one of the nurses just announced "It's snowing!"
All the patients are up in arms (and legs) because we want to get up and watch it
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
 
Good to hear from you--and so alert!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom