THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

I don't find it that bad. I swapped to Berocca for a while and that certainly give the radioactive yellow effect but maybe I'm just used to these.

Incidentally, I've been craving olives since I came home from hospital - I've been through huge tubs of different types - and only today did I discover they're a good source of iron, which I need just now! Our bodies are very clever.
 
I was fascinated enough to Google for info and apparently we discard what Biotin our bodies don't need (and it does come out BRIGHT yellow!) so that suggests that I need a lot and you're doing okay on that front. But how funny about the olives. I quite agree that our bodies do give us clues
 
Hello Smarties - just a quick update from Muffetland. Had my postOp appointment with Mr Wonderful and happy to report that all is well and in the right place (see attached pap pics of the before and after hip). :happydance:

Although I started swimming a couple of weeks ago I was told I should really have waited till 12 weeks, but so long as I don't do breast stroke I'm okay and he says plenty of pool walking will help strengthen my muscles. :swim:

The story is that my operated hip is working very well and has good ROM (but obviously needs to beef up a spot, which will happen over time) and naughty Leftie is trailing behind (and causing me pain and stiffness). :oyvey::good-bad:

So Mr W asked whether and when I wanted to go ahead with dealing with it and I said the first possible date when we're free of other commitments is Thursday 29 September. So I'm lined up and it will have to be done by 20 October (ie the NHS timeframe) which means that, all being well, I'll be able to do the hokey cokey come Christmas time and have a fresh New Year to look forward to. :dancy::spin:

Renewed apologies that blithering work gets in the way so I'm not able to catch up with you all as I would like, though I do pop in from time to time, but there's absolutely NO pattern (huh!) :doh:

[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips


Hip hooray to all of you - and hope all is well out there. :cheers::friends::console2:
 
Hi @Zelda - thanks. I have messaged you, check your inbox.
Tripped into town yesterday and carried shopping back to car, which was clearly a mite too heavy. Then was helping out at a corporate Do at the sailing club last night so was on my feet quite a lot and managed to overlook taking my meds so by the time we hit home my left hip was really painful and I was limping badly. Still giving me grief this morning but oh boy does it underscore the need to get this nuisance sorted.
Did you have any luck finally with making your donation? I tried the PayPal route which only throws up dollar payments which I found confusing (seemingly a US site and we don't exist, even if we love it!) but Jaycey has explained we just need to convert our £s donation to dollars. Am dealing with finance today and will update you afterwards. It's such a shame these problems exist particularly in view of the urgency to raise funds. I suspect many will have given up in desperation.
 
No, I didn't. To be honest the Paypal froze at a point where I'm not sure if it took the money or not so I'm waiting for my bank statement to update before I try again!
 
Am guessing it worked @Zelda - but mine didn't. Tried to put through a Visa Credit card payment and got message "CardBillingState Field Contains Too Many Characters" - I've messaged the GET HELP tab. Really hope they can resolve whatever the problem is. We all need BS!
 
I've tried again using PayPay and (like you) the screen froze without confirming my payment had gone through, which is strange as you would normally expect that. I'll wait and check my a/c before I try again. Hope it worked.
 
I tried again and got a confirmation email which I didn't get last time so I assume that's the only payment I've made. I got the message about too many characters last time so I just left the state option blank and it accepted it. It didn't like my phone number either and just chopped three digits off the end.
 
I don't seem to have a message from you. My reply is the last one I can see?
 
Yes, I had the same, didn't like my digits! Anyway, let's hope mine worked eventually.
I sent you a message to your inbox, just catching up basically. Nothing there??
 
@Miss Muffet - So glad you've got a time frame lined up to fix #2! I was hoping to hear that from you soon. Good for you! And great before and after hip pics, too.

I understand about "blithering work" getting in the way of posting on BS. It was so much easier when in strict recovery mode.

So happy for you! :dancy:
 
Thanks for responding to my PM. Glad you understand....
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom