THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

It's from Holland and Barratt - Multivitamins with B complex for vegetarians. Biotin is one of the B group and I've always taken supplements for since I became veggie as a teenager who didn't really eat vegetables! I have a much better diet these days (aside from treating cake as a food group:heehee:) but kept taking the multivits anyway. Maybe you just need to eat lots of spinach!
 
Thanks so much @Zelda - will order some. Assume you noticed the difference after you started taking them and reckon it was definitely what made a difference. Either way it's definitely worth a try.
My legs have gone all dry and flaky this week. I thought I was was ready for it this time around and have been moisturi
You will, of course, recall the Avon Skin So Soft discussion triggered by @Cynthia777. I find it tremendously moisturising. (And it will keep the midges away :heehee:)
 
I can't definitely credit the vitamins, @Miss Muffet because I've always taken them - maybe it's the cake!

I think the dryness is just the after effects of surgery. I noticed after my shower that I seem to be shedding a wee bit more hair than usual too. I'm just going to keep pampering my body and feeding it lots of water, fruit and veg so that it can heal.

How are you, anyway? Is Leftie still bothering you or has it settled down as the new one gets stronger?
 
OK @Zelda - so if the H&B tabs don't work I'll revert to cake then. Purely in the interests of scientific research you understand. I'm feeling an energy drain to day, which is puzzling. Been poodling around over the Bank Hol and Leftie is bothersome, but had some good sleeps, so not sure quite why. When my OS came to visit me in my room a couple of days post surgery he mentioned that one of his ex-hip-patients had contacted him to let him know she's reached base camp Everest. Unfortunately my husband heard this and I'm afraid he'll think I'll be next up there.
 
@MI Chickie hey clever you making your own concoctions! And actually a great and very practical distraction in the lead up to your big day. Shea butter has to be the best, softest I reckon.
The weather has also warmed up considerably over the last few weeks which I think has added to the dry skin thing. There's nothing nicer than stepping out of the shower and lathering on lots of lovely moisturisers leaving your skin nice and soft.

@Cynthia777 - actually not a 17 year old Olympiad. A woman my age ..... :bolt:
 
Hello everyone - it's me here and sorry I've been under a rock for such a long time. Work has beckoned and I'm unable to swerve it any longer. I've a Very Big Audit coming up which involves a great deal of prep and if we fail it will cost us our biggest contract. Hence Miss Muffet is tied to her tuffet once again so I'll be dipping and out at intervals, but slightly quieter than norm. :bawl:

I reported this to another Smartie ...
Drove yesterday for the first time. It went absolutely fine, however, today was a nightmare - I have an Audi TT and used to use a satnav App on my iPad, but found it a bit of a squeeze balancing it on the very limited space near the gearlever. So I bought one of those suction thingys that affix to the dash so I could park my iPhone in it, and it worked fine initially. However, yesterday it decided mid-journey to lose its stick and threw itself plus phone onto the floor. So I had the narrative (bloke sounds like Tony Blair) talking to me from the depths and me trying to make out where on earth I was supposed to be headed. I ignored it in the end and just made it up as I went along. However, when I parked up I then managed to overlook turning my phone off when I walked into Asda (supermarket) and Tony kept telling me to "turn around when possible". Slightly embarrassing. :sigh:

Took all 3 of the grandkids to a Tramway Museum in the Peak District - I parked my stick in the buggy thinking I'd easily need to use it as there is a fair bit of traipsing around involved. I must have walked miles but found that I didn't even feel tempted to reach for it once. What a thrill. We had a wonderful day, riding the trams, merrygoround, big wheel, picnicing and eating lots of nonsense. I think I've mucked up the attached pics, but they'll give you a flavour.

My error the next day was to drag 3 loads of washing out to the line - so I paid the price with Leftie making its presence felt. I guess you have to make these mistakes before you learn. Silly me. :shrug:

I've got a new Fitbit Zip so will be able to measure my steps more accurately now - the last wristwatch type I bought from Amazon had instructions in badly translated Chinese which I couldn't follow, and it also miscalcuated my steps anyway, so it has been parked in Bin 13.

@Zelda - I got the H&B B vitamins (with Biotin) and will wait with baited breath to see the results. Mind you, you might have warned me about the radioactive yellow pee! Shocked the knickers off me .... :dubious:

I have my check-up with my OS in a couple of weeks' time so will be really keen to see my x-rays and hopefully find that my new implant is indeed in my hip, rather than my elbow. I honestly can't tell I've got something new there. It seems incredible. I'll take a snap of it and post it.
The incision is gorgeous if I might say. Went up to the sailing club with the hubster today and [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
was showing it off. I can well imagine it will be barely detectable in a few short months.

So if you see and hear slightly less of me than usual, it's because I'm buried under a pile of bothersome bureaucracy - I'll do my best to poke my nose in at intervals, but you will find there will be little continuity. I hate being neglectful to my dear friends who have given me such a raft of support.
Don't worry - I'm not signing off. You can't get rid of me that easily ...... :loll:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    IMG_0435.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 178
@Miss Muffet Look at you, zipping all around town with no stick in hand! And even Tony Blair following along, trying to get you to slow down and turn round! :heehee:

A beautiful day out with your littles, adorable they are! So happy you're doing so well.
 
Lovely pictures - looks like a really fun day. And all that walking - you are doing so well. You are my inspiration. If my recovery doesn't go as well, I will be having stern words with you!

@MI Chickie it looks like you are scheduled for 2 days before me. I will be watching out for you.
 
@Zelda - I got the H&B B vitamins (with Biotin) and will wait with baited breath to see the results. Mind you, you might have warned me about the radioactive yellow pee! Shocked the knickers off me .... :dubious:
@Zelda - I assume I'm not the only one who has experienced this .... shades of Del Boy's Bottled Water (?)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom