Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Oh great progress @Zelda - but why back to work so soon (I felt sure you are a teacher, am I wrong?). Envy you being able to do proper gardening - I struggle with anything that involves bending, so tend to do higher level stuff! Just get so stiff. I guess in time ....
@gullimac - looking back on how tough you found things preOp I guess life must be a much sweeter place now. So pleased for you. Am assuming timing of your next one is work-related?
Ha ha @Nana2-8 - I bet you would too, just wish I had that sort of influence! No danger of getting near the old pop idol. He's solid gold with a fine pair of lungs I can tell you. And, yes, I bet my old man is sharpening his pencil in readiness, with our lawyer on quick-dial. Poor lamb ...
 
@gullimac - looking back on how tough you found things preOp I guess life must be a much sweeter place now. So pleased for you. Am assuming timing of your next one is work-related?

Ah @Miss Muffet you know me well. My November 8th date gets me back at work after our holiday break and includes 3 weeks I normally have off. Since I won't have enough leave built up by then I have to take leave without pay for Hip #2.

I am moving so much better but I am worried as hip #2 starts giving me more and more trouble.
 
That's great news Jane! I'm still Jan next year due to work commitments, but ticking off the days

Blue badge sounds a great idea, but as regards the Tom Jones event - "It's not unusual ..."

Best wishes
Peter
 
@Zelda - we have one of those. Never thought of using it! Well good luck with return to work. It will be such a different experience now you're rid of all that pain. :angel:
Know the feeling @gullimac - am counting down the days. Am just grateful I have one operational hip, which sort of halves the pain. Yours will soon be here. Keep the faith:prayer:
Ha ha @PS46! He was great - and I just about forgave Mr Jones for omitting What's New Pussycat from his repertoire. What a shame you have to delay, but understand the commitment thing and I guess we all have to work around what fits best in our lives. I would have gone for an earlier date but there was just too much in the diaries. Having said that I am feeling chipper about it just now, but ask me again on 28 September .. :scary:
Thanks @BizzyLizzy - that's the plan. :happydance: Hope you're continuing to do well. Have great faith that you're doing just fine. :cheers:
 
Miss Muffet-your next new hip will be here before you know it!!! BizzyLizzy has a great idea...we'll do a Christmas dance complete with jingle bellls!!! Who knows....by December, we could have a whole chorus line!
 
Now wait just one dull-gained minute!!!! I didn't sign that contract about risking my investment in this " inner metal" in HEELS!!!!!!
 
@Miss Muffet - wait a minute....protecting my investment is now "whimping out"??? Hey....your the one who will have the ' latest installment'......so we will re-evaluate as the time nears!
 
Not sure about the heels either @Nana2-8 - I can trip over my own feet wearing no shoes at all! Don't want to tempt fate. Anyway, we need to decide. Soft shoe shuffle, or are we planning on high kicks? :heehee:
 
You're asking me??? You're the one in charge!!! If it's a vote, I'd go for a soft Rockettes move!!! With jingle bells, of course.
 
Daren't take your eye off the ball for a minute with this lot ......
OK - the deal is a photo posted at Christmas demonstrating us throwing some shapes.
And A N Other thought has occurred to me.
Before my last Op I meant to ask Mr M to video me walking up the hallway to highlight my poor gait (just think Graucho Marx and hold that picture). Totally forgot to do it but intend to capture it this time - ideally in the final few days when I'm completely off the anti-inflams (and hurting). Then I'll catalogue my progress till I'm walking tall and even and with perfect deportment like a supermodel (last bit unlikely, but we all have dreams).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - I take up the challenge - Christmas photos it is. It's a shame we will all be dancing alone. Wonder if photoshop could be brought into play?

@Miss Muffet, the video idea is a good one. I have some "before" and "after" videos of my walking and you can really see the difference. By no means perfect, but much better and altogether straighter. Having said this, I went for a short walk in the woods with the dog a couple of days ago. My friend came along and decided to take a photo. I bent down to pat the dog in what I hoped would be a fluid, natural sort of pose. I have never seen anything more like a stiff tailor's dummy in my life! I actually looked as if I might be made of wood...
 
Completely understand - I catch sight of myself reflected in shop windows and wonder who that old lady is. Fluid movement will be top of my wish-list. If you're able to take a view from another angle on all this palaver there's space for a drop of humour. One of our dear Buddies referred to her postOp walk as The (American style) Wedding March - I loved that. It conjured up a perfect mental picture.
Roll on Christmas and us dancing our toes off! :yahoo:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom