Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Hi @Mireille
Thinking of you this morning and wondering how you're doing...
Hoping the pain and lymph node swelling has gone down.
Let us know, if you feel like sharing.
I hope you have a great weekend!
 
Hello friends, I'm alive and feeling better. Had a little impromptu short trip and had not had any opportunity to post. I hope you're all having a fabulous day! :flwrysmile:

I'm feeling a lot better. No longer need the cane :egypdance: I take out with me when in leave the house, just in case. My lymph nodes are still swollen and groin pain is still there but it's not as bad. I never called GP, just decided to wait it out a little. I see her next week, I think.
 
Great news on the cane @Mireille. I’m just about the same way. Took 30 minute walk outside today, used cane for about 5 minutes, mainly towards end when I got tired.

Glad groin pain shows improvement and it’s probably good that lymph nodes are no worse.

Good to see you back.
 
Hi @Mireille
So nice to hear from you! It's great you were able to experience a little get away.
Wonderful news on the cane, great milestone.
It's good to hear the groin pain has decreased, hopefully it continues.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing!
 
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful day! Went to PT earlier. The PT I had, a lymphedema specialist, also checked my incision and thigh and was not happy with the redness around my incision and right side of my thigh. She also thought it was very warm. She also checked my groin and found the swollen lymph node, almost jumped out of the bed when she slightly touched it. Hurt like :censored:... She strongly suggested I see the doctor before I leave for the cruise the end of the month. Called my GP today and had a hard time getting an appointment, they said I should see the OS. I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac :kickedout:

I already had an appointment anyway for the 29th so I'll talk to her then. I see the OS for my 6 week follow up sometime that week. Can't remember when, have to call :heehee:

Not gonna lie, a little frustrated. the only thing that got me a little angry last time I went to OS, was the PA telling me I only needed to worry if my incision started draining. Infection can happen without drainage. I'm not an idiot. :hairpulling:

Mobility really is great. Minimal muscle pain, the only thing that hurts is the groin and the bottom of my incision. :)
 
@Josephine Hello, would you mind taking a look and letting me know your thoughts. I've had the dermatologist and 2 physical therapist expressed concern regarding the redness and warmth coming from my incision and thigh. I'm at 5 weeks tomorrow. Incision is tender at the bottom, lymph node in groin is still swollen and painful

[Bonesmart.org] Mireille's New Hip<
 
@Mireille , Josephine is away from the forum for a few days, so she may not have an opportunity to get back to you right away. I'm tagging @Celle to take a look at your photo and offer her opinion.
 
Hi @Mireille
I don't think you should feel like a hypochondriac. You have legitimate symptoms that you've been experiencing for over a week that raise concern and were validated by a lymphedema specialist, who recommended you touch base with your doctor. Wondering if you were advised / cautioned on what to watch for?

As of now....Josephine may be unavailable tomorrow and possibly Thursday also. This may, or may not, put her behind once she returns. Consider pushing the issue with your doctor's since you're concerned.
I think it would be worth the peace of mind you may obtain.

I'd be surprised if you are turned down by both your PCP and OS once you explain your symptoms and concerns also sharing the derm, PT's and lymphedema specialists comments and concerns.
Wishing you a peaceful evening. Please stay in touch....
 
Your incision does look a bit red and tender.

Of course, it might not be anything significant, but I think it would be a good idea to let your surgeon know and ask him/her to look at it.
If it's nothing to worry about, at least you'll be reassured and, if it is a cause for concern, your surgeon will take some action.
 
@Layla Hope you're having a great week! Thanks so much! I'm at the point where I'm doubting myself because I can walk and move relatively fine. Just doesn't look right to me (or others, apparently). I will wait for my upcoming appointments to discuss with them unless something changes. Thanks again and have a great evening!

@Celle Thanks for the advice. I will most certainly discuss with the IS when u se him next week. If it gets redder or submerging changes, I will call him sooner. Appreciate the feedback :thankyou:
 
If you are are a hypochondriac, from the looks of that picture you have done a terrific job of thinking your skin into going along with it! It does indeed look tender.

Hope it eases off for you. I think it’s good it is not impacting mobility.
 
If you have the same reaction as me, I get a reaction to the internal sutures that lasts for many weeks. Have you had a CRP done? What about an ultrasound of the wound area? You need to advocate for yourself and if you feel something isn’t right...well, frankly, you need to badger your doctor until you are taken seriously. Better to feel silly if it’s nothing bad than to be really sick or dead because you don’t want to bother anybody. Don’t worry about annoying your doctor, they’re paid enough to put up with it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom