Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

I see. Not nice. Would you like to show me the sites of these pains using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Mireille's New Hip<


I haven't had PT since 2/23, home PT didn't think I needed any.
That is a fact. You need NO exercises at all.

Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

I did some side leg extensions, stand on my tip toes and tried raising my foot of the floor while sitting. Nothing strenuous,
Those ARE strenuous and may well be responsible for your pain!
 
Sorry you are having this setback. I can’t tell if you have seen gp about lymph nodes. Tender nodes in neck, maybe something not related to hip? I have found specialists tend to focus on their area and may not pick up on other stuff.

Hope you feel some improvement soon.
 
It doesn't seem to hurt till we stop.
So sorry Mireille.
Maybe slack off since something's aggravated...Ice all you can.
So sorry for struggles.:console2:
 
Last edited:
They didn't cause any pain while doing them so didn't think twice about it.
They never do.

As for your pain spots, they correspond entirely with the pool work you are doing.
 
@Mireille what horrible places to have pain! :boohoo:I agree with MammaT about the neck glands (may be entirely unrelated). Talking to your GP is probably a good idea in this case since it impacts so many areas in your body and it would be good to check in as far as the medication you are taking. You are such a go-getter and I know it's hard to take a break. Glad to hear you're resting and icing. Keep us posted. Hugs to you! :friends:
 
Today was probably one of the worse days ok I've had since surgery. Woke up really tired and nauseated. Spent most of the morning throwing up and in bed. Ugh.. not fun at all. Pain in my groin is still a problem. Hurts to bend, standing up from sitting position and sitting at 90 degrees or more.

To top it off, I had my OP PT Eval this afternoon. It really went well, PT said I was doing extremely well with my walking, strength and overall mobility. Need to work on my hamstrings (not new, holdover from TKR). He does not believe I have tendonitis as OS said. My only concern is that he also pointed out the redness on my thigh towards the right of the incision. Same thing that dermatologist pointed out. :flabber::chinstroke::shrug:

I'm calling my GP tomorrow to discuss. The pain I've been having is new and I get much better a week ago.

It's one month today! Happy newhipversary to us! Glad we get to share this journey together! :roseshwr: @hipster333 @Mascaramom @AgilityDog @MammaT
 
Do sorry you aren't well, are the meds causing the nausea?
Maybe GP had some thoughts.
Hopefully today will be a good day.
 
Last edited:
Glad you are calling gp @Mireille. New pain is something we need to monitor.

It is good pt thinks overall mobility is good. It is incredible how far we can come in a month.

Hope you gets answers on redness/lymph stuff today.
 
Happy One Month Anniversery!
Wonderful assessment from PT. You're doing well!

As for the nausea....Are you thinking the flu, something you ate, a new medication?
I hope you're feeling better today.
Calling your GP is wise. I'd want him / her to take a look at the red area and feel your glands also.
Better safe than sorry. Prayers going up that there's a logical explanation :prayer:
Please keep us posted.
@Mireille
 
Hi everyone, thanks so much fit checking up on me. I hope you're all having a good day. Crazy busy day today. I had company pretty much all day. Love them but gosh, I'm exhausted :mcoffee:

I didn't even get to call GP but will call tomorrow. Groin pain is still there, no change.

I do think something I ate didn't agree with me, feel much better today. That episode was not fun, lol
 
Hi @Mireille
It is great to have company but when you get tired you just want it to end :bored:
That's the way I feel if it's gone on too long :yawn:

I'm happy to hear your stomach has settled.
I hope you get some satisfaction out of speaking with your GP tomorrow.
Sweet Dreams! :sleep:
 
@Mireille so great you had a chance to visit with friends today. :) thankfully your bug was just short-lived. Make sure to get lots of rest and ice tonight. Hugs.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom