Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Congratulations, you have just a few hours to go (i'm in the same state and time zone). As Billy Joel sings, bottle of red, bottle of white. I have 19 days to go, can't wait for things to taste normal again.
Light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck.
 
Hello, it's a beautiful day! My picc line is finally out.:yes!: I'm so happy right now. 2 more weeks of waiting and hopefully the next phase begins!
 
Yay! As so many have said, you've been a model of grace under pressure through all of this. I'm so glad you're getting close to the next step and the rest of your life! Enjoy the two week respite - don't look at it as waiting but as time to celebrate and to store up energy for the next leg of the journey.
:loveshwr::flwrysmile::yay::happydance::egypdance::spin::dancy:
 
Happy Saturday! I finally got out of the house. Went out to breakfast and do a little shopping. Of course, I used the electric cart at the store. Retail therapy is so much fun! Tonight, I'm allowing myself a couple glasses of sparkling wine. Feeling optimistic! Have a great day!
 
I'm so happy for you!
It's wonderful to have that portion behind you.
In two weeks when they determine the infection is gone, how long before
surgery again?
Glad you made it out for breakfast today and a little retail therapy.
I hope you have a a great night and weekend!
@Mireille
 
@Layla Thanks. The OS mentioned 1st week of July, hopefully. I see him om Tuesday and am going to ask him to put me on the surgery schedule,tentatively. Want to minimize wait time once the all clear. I'll see what he says. Keeping my fingers crossed.
 
:fingersx::fingersx: double fingers crossed for you!
Yay for getting well and for getting out!:happydance:
Hope your Sunday is sweet @Mireille !
 
Hello, went to see the OS today and 2nd stage is scheduled for July 19th! :yes!::happydance:

I will have the deciding bloodwork done on the 2nd of July since I have to wait 2 weeks after last antibiotic. Feeling positive and optimistic. :prayer::praying:

I'm so ready for this!
 
Yahoo! Yippy Skippy! Hooray! Hot Diggity Dog! :yay:
So very happy for you, @Mireille
Prayers that bloodwork is pristine and all is a go for the 19th of July.
Hang in there....the end is finally in sight.
Love and hugs! :loveshwr:
 
OH YEA :happyfeet:OH YEA

Very proud for you!
 
Hello.The fun continues. I'm having a bad toothache now and really need to go to the dentist. Want to take care of this before my revision. Spoke to the nurse at OS office and she already called in 4 Amoxicillin pills to take as prophylactic. She said this should not pose a problem with my scheduled revision. Ugh..was so worried but have to take care of this before surgery. Going to dentist tomorrow morning! BTW, I'm "terrified" of dentists. You'd think after all the procedures I've had done (orthopedic and others) I'd be alright. If I can handle a picc line, spacer and joint pain you'd think I'd handle dental work. Not so. Utterly terrified. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. :groan::hairpulling:
 
Last edited:
Honestly @Mireille.
I CAN NOT leave you alone for one moment.:doh: You are supposed to be putting any other future problems on hold and lets just get through this hip thing first!

Totally agree with you... do not like people messing in my mouth, period! Rather have my hips replaced!

I am praying all will stay on track!:beg:
 
I had an abscess about a month after my Ruhr and I swear that pain was worse than the hip. I was basically not taking pain meds for hip, but took them for a couple of days after I got it removed.

Hang in there @Mireille- you can make it through this!
 
Aww, Mireille, you can do it! After all you've been through....piece of cake!
Bring a headset with some soothing music if they don't offer them there.
I thinks it's wise they're prescribing the antibiotics as a precaution but many are now saying it's unnecessary.
So other than the fact that you have an aversion to the dentist. I'll bet you do great.
I'll pray for your peace of mind and sanity, lol!
Do I spot another bottle of wine in your near future? Like tomorrow evening...
@Mireille
 
@Layla Went to the dentist. Not too bad with the exception of that molar thats killing me. It's coming out on Monday. I'm on Amoxicillin antibiotic because it's infected. You'd think after all the antibiotics I was on, this wouldn't be possible. Go figure! This actually hurts more than the hip spacer. I'm going for bloodwork on the 2nd so can't take antibiotics past Monday. Not sure if that can affect my results for 2nd stage clearance. A little worried about it because I'm supposed to be off antibiotics for 2 weeks.
 
I agree...tooth pain might beat hip pain!:hairpulling:
Come on Monday!
Healing mojo coming at you!
 
Good gracious! You can't even make this stuff up!
You may be able to write a book soon.
I agree, you wonder with all the antibiotics....how did I develop an infection?
The problem with all the antibiotics, which were absolutely necessary, is they kill off the good fighting
bacteria, along with the bad.

I'm sorry the tooth pain is so miserable, Mireille. I so badly want all of this nonsense to be over for you.
I'll join you in prayer over this mess. Through faith, we know it can all work out. Prayers to that end.
Sending a big hug. @Mireille
 
Oh Mireille your poor tooth just what you could do without, so happy you are on the way, relax and enjoy these next couple of weeks. My date is the same as yours!! we shall be following each other again, hugsxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom