Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Yay @Mireille for some independence! I dont know what we ever did before Amazon—but I think I had a lot more money. Lol. I should seriously buy stock. Praying the weight bearing restriction is lifted Tuesday. So excited for you guys hat your aunt is coming to visit!! It will be so great for you to have that added support—plus maybe she can entice you with some yummy food. :). Hugs
 
Did you ever think that would be on your resume?
I can change my own IV bag

Oh my stars, the lessons we've learned.
Hope your week is peaceful.:angel:
 
It's wonderful you're feeling better, Mireille and settling into a routine.
Changing your own IV bag and ordering pink PICC line sleeves, why doesn't this surprise me :heehee:
Cheerful, Mireille, taking all in stride. :yes:

I'm happy to hear your aunt is coming from Puerto Rico. Some auntie love sure can't hurt and you're right, it will help pass time for you. It's very kind of you to encourage Fractured so early into your own journey. Typical of your generous spirit. I'm sure he'll be watching your thread as you're only a little over a week ahead of him on this journey.

I hope you get your restrictions lifted next Tuesday. Prayers will continue.
A great day to you!

@Mireille
 
Thinking of you this morning along with the others journeying through infection.
I hope you have a great day @Mireille
Sending love and hugs!
 
Sounding so great, snap i bought pick line covers from etsy, and pink crutches from Amazon seems we like the same! it all makes you feel better doesnt it---great your Aunt is coming, such a help, Ella our grandaughter is coming from Portugal to help me!xx hugsxx.
 
Keep the faith, Mireille.
Hope all gets better and better and that you have a Good Day!:angel:
 
Hi @Mireille - just stopping by to say hello and see how you are doing. And wow, sounds like you are managing pretty well for all that hip has put you through! You are so strong, and your outlook is truly inspiring!!
Sending good thoughts your way for continued healing :flwrysmile:
 
@TinyMom Hello, thanks for checking up on me. I've been feeling better. Starting to get used to the noises from the spacer. I can get around pretty well with the walker and crutches. I don't really have pain, mainly discomfort. I only take pain medication at night. I finished PT as he thought there was not much else I could do with the current weight bearing restriction. I could do the exercises pretty easily without pain. The worst part are the restrictions and the IV. I'm not the most patient person :heehee:. June 15th can't come quick enough. I was able to bathe and dress by myself so that is a big win for me.
 
@Mireille sounds like you are doing very well! Tolerating all this must be challenging. But your positive attitude shines through. Well done!
 
@Mireille , you sound to be doing so well, and so independant, well done it helps to be like that doesnt it/ So much better with an iv cover stops things catching, not long to June now, you will soon be on the way. I had stitches out yesterday my scar is 30ins long, a real horror although they only opened half of it to re do the dislocation, today when they checked it some serrous fluid draining, do hope it stops, gives me the heeby jeebys!! Did you watch the royal wedding, so beautiful. Be happy, hugsxx
 
Heard so much on the forum about spacer noise?
That has to be very odd...

Glad you are hanging in there.
 
I think we all agree on your personality.
Kind, considerate, compassionate, generous, thankful, inspirational etc
You're perfectly perfect! Now we just need to get that leg back on track...
I hope you're enjoying time with your aunt and that your week is sweet!
@Mireille
 
Hello everyone! Thank you for the kind words. The process is not easy but since it must be done, just have to make the best of it as much as possible. Of course it helps having the support of family, friends and bonesmarties. Hope you're all having a beautiful day!
 
Hope you have a good week, sweet Mireille.
You're taking it all like a real trooper. I realize you don't have a choice
but I think I'd still find ways to get my "crab" on. :gaah: :tantrum: :hairpulling:
You've got some company through this with clodaghcov, Fractured, SCaprae, Hedwig.
Some ahead of you, some behind. My heart goes out to all of you.
Prayers will continue for complete healing for you all.
@Mireille
 
Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a great day! Went to my post op appointment today. The surgeon was impressed with the way I was walking with the crutches. My staples were taken off, did not hurt a bit. Incision looks great. He confirmed that my infection was MSSA instead of MRSA. That's a good thing. No changes to restrictions, he just wants me to avoid dislocating the spacer. Antibiotics will finish on 6/15 and 2nd stage surgery will be beginning of July. He feels confident infecction will be eradicated. He did tell me my original surgeon is staying on top of my progress and he even took a video of me walking to share with him. He called me his special case :heehee:. All in all, a good, positive visit. :loveshwr:
 
All wonderful news @Mireille
I'm so happy to hear it! You sound in good spirits as always and all went so well with your
appointment I'm sure you feel very encouraged and hopeful. Just think how great you'll be doing by the end of Summer! I hope you have a peaceful rest of the week. Thanks for sharing the news!
 
:wave:So glad you got a good report!
I know you are having to be super patient and I am hoping that you are at least fairly comfy now that you are unstapled!
Hope you sleep well tonight!:yes:
 
Happy Sunday! Well, sitting in my porch and thinking how nice it is not to have pain. I have 3 more weeks of antibiotics, half way there. Yay!! I slept through the night for the 1st time last night. I've gotten used to the spacer creaking and can at least unhook my IV for most of the afternoon and change my own antibiotic bags. Showering is now a lot easier. I truly believe God does not give us more than what we can handle. Feeling grateful today for all the blessings in my life. A bump on the road will not derail my destination. Hugs to all!
 
Back
Top Bottom