Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Every time I read how grateful you are and how blessed you feel.....I get choked up.
You really put things in perspective, Mireille. When I think of some of the trivial
things I crab about in a day and then read you mentioning how you are getting used to the dumb spacer,
learning how to change your IV bags and mastering a shower....I cry. I also believe God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I think he chooses those who won't crumble under pressure (you) to humble those of us watching. Your witness moves us toward gratitude and thankfulness. How can we not count our own blessings when you can in the midst of your trials....I admire you. You are a true inspiration.
Sending love and a hug your way.
@Mireille
 
Hope today is a Good Day, @Mireille
Don't guess you can use WD-40 on those creaks?:)

Gratitude is a wonderful emotion to use to mitigate hardships.
Counting my blessings has helped me through some really tough times.
Hope your day is sweet !:loveshwr:
 
Just caught up on your journey @Mireille-you are indeed so positive. Hope your recovery continues as well as it has and you can move on to the next step.
 
Happy weekend! June is finally here and I have 2 weeks left of antibiotics. I've been able to sleep on my non-operative side which has been a blessing. My lower back is extremely grateful :egypdance:. I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Good news! @Mirelle
I hope the next two weeks fly by.

Don't know if you've checked on Fractured lately but it sounds as though he's suffering some terrible nausea.
Wondering if you did....or if you have any advice for him....something that worked for you?

Hope your weekend is good so far. Enjoy the rest of it!
 
@Layla Thanks! I just stopped by Fractured's thread. You guys hit the nail on the head with the anti nausea meds. I luckily haven't suffered much of that at all. I suggested lots of water and Gatorade which does help with the kidney function while we're "gooped" up on these antibiotics. Hopefully, he'll start to feel better. All in all, I've felt relatively well, thank God.
 
Hello my friends, I am down to the last 4 bags of antibiotics. Had my last delivery today, yay!! :happydance: I'm starting to get anxious now that the possibility of the new hip is so much closer. Trying to stay positive. My labs have been great so far. The surgeon does not expect any surprises and things I'll have the 2nd stage surgery the 1st week of July. Keep the prayers going! Thanks so much for your continued support. It surely makes coping with this much easier. :friends:
 
Yahoo, you're getting closer!
Last delivery
Last 4 bags
Weeks slipping by
Things looking up.
Hurry up July! Prayers continue :prayer:
@Mireille
 
Hello, it's a beautiful day! Last bag of antibiotics went in today and last blood work (through picc line). The picc line comes out at 2:30pm EST on Friday (right after my last dose). So stinking excited:loveshwr::happydance::spin::dancy:

A couple of glasses of wine on Saturday night and then next appt. with OS on Tuesday, 6/19.

As my friends across the pond say, "Onwards and Upwards ".:flwrysmile:
 
:chuckmarch:for sure.
Onwards and upwards!:yes!:
 
Praise the Lord. There is a light at the end of a tunnel.
Pretty soon you'll be back in recovery again and on your way, putting this detour behind you.
A Saturday night celebration is in order. Can't wait to hear about your OS visit next Tuesday.
I admire your strength. You've handled this all so well.
@Mireille
 
Back
Top Bottom